ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

The ROYs and I decided that we were in need of cutting a hair or two into a more manageable proportion. So it was off to the finest men only hair cropping establishment within two hundred miles of Snoqualmie Pass. By that, I of course mean the Cut Loose Caboose barbershop. Tended by the ever-talented scissor wielding Maurice.

clcsmall.jpg

Followed by scoping out a good perch to ride rail for a station or two...

clcsmall2.jpg

Wait a second. Nobody said we had to wear the jeans every day all year long. The idea is that we just wear these as our main pair of jeans and contribute to the thread collective conscience, etc. Shit I still throw on my AB Elfelts in the evening sometimes and on a weekend every so often. Nobody should feel pain putting the jeans on. Take a break for a week or so and then come back to the ROYs, no big deal. They're just jeans and everything needs a break once in a while.

Nobody should feel pain putting the jeans on. Take a break for a week or so and then come back to the ROYs, no big deal. They're just jeans and everything needs a break once in a while.

I've worn mine every day since 1/1, and I'm starting to feel the same way you do, RNR. At first, I thought it would be cool to wear them every day, but I hardly think a few days off from me sitting on my ass in my office is going to make a difference :)

Plus, I keep buying Nigel Cabourn trousers and not wearing them :(

Looking good robbie!

clcsmall.jpg

Awesome - would love to have a hair-cut in a train-carriage sometimes!

Wait a second. Nobody said we had to wear the jeans every day all year long. The idea is that we just wear these as our main pair of jeans and contribute to the thread collective conscience, etc. Shit I still throw on my AB Elfelts in the evening sometimes and on a weekend every so often. Nobody should feel pain putting the jeans on. Take a break for a week or so and then come back to the ROYs, no big deal. They're just jeans and everything needs a break once in a while.

Yeah, true - I do spend half my work-days in SC Cat's Paws pants due to workplace requirements.

Just miss all the different denim textures sometimes...

The 109 was a mile marker, not me claiming to have worn them every single day. But, I've probably worn them at least 100 of the 109 days. They're my favorite jeans, why not wear them as much as possible?

Oh no its cool to wear them a ton, but it just seemed like some folks felt obliged to wear them every day. I'm just saying that people shouldn't feel like their taking a pill when they put them on. That wasn't the point of this whole thing. This was meant to be fun and if we want to wear some other jeans we want then no one should feel bad for letting the roys air out for a day. Shit they could probably use it :).

Daaaaaaaaaaayyyymn kids, you guys are blowing up this thread.

Mike-your jeans are looking awesome man. I miss being out in the mines. Something about the desert and that trip really struck with me. reminded me of simpler times.

eltopo doing what eltopo do

dr. heech showing his face

paul being paul

Markus if you keep being on your knees so much, you're gonna need new knees. you get the best knee fade award so far.

tg dyed her hair

Doc wear your other jeans man. you're allowed to have a couple of mistresses as long as you take care of your wife lol

and me, I've been working like a slave but managed to sneak out last night

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

I'm sure I forgot to mention a bunch of stuff but hell, you've all seen it so

Daaaaaaaaaaayyyymn kids, you guys are blowing up this thread.

Doc wear your other jeans man. you're allowed to have a couple of mistresses as long as you take care of your wife lol

It's good that some of you are going to take some time out....in fact I encourage it

:D

I'm just saying that people shouldn't feel like their taking a pill when they put them on. That wasn't the point of this whole thing. .
I've worn mine every day since 1/1, and I'm starting to feel the same way you do, RNR. At first, I thought it would be cool to wear them every day, but I hardly think a few days off from me sitting on my ass in my office is going to make a difference :)

Plus, I keep buying Nigel Cabourn trousers and not wearing them :(

Hey guys i didnt want to start a new fire. I am pretty glad with what i am currently doing. i wont have any remorse to put something else on i f i feel like it. Actually i did soak an RJB pair. And i DID wear those for a couple of days .....

(and i must add i was finishing aChardonnay bottle last night....

)

Doc hate pills (and other docs too)

(Farhad i am divorced.....wich is a good thing for me ;))

(Farhad i am divorced.....wich is a good thing for me ;))

Me too, Doc :) I knew there was a reason I felt a sense of brotherhood, besides from your love of Mister Freedom gear, that is.

couple quick snaps while I was shooting my 1915s earlier. still pretty windy and too sunny out, had to make due with what little shade I had. I'll take some better ones soon.

these have had 2 near boiling soaks and 1 hot soak. i think.

5637828457_e43b262679_z.jpg

5638403894_78aa1cd116_z.jpg

How's the denim compare between the 1915s and the Roy's? Looks very similar.

they're almost exactly the same. except for weight and hairiness. The ROYs also crock faster and the faded areas look different because of that.

*ROYs on the left - 1915 on the right*

5637882661_ee2c250011_z.jpg

big : http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5105/5637882661_ee2c250011_b.jpg

5637883403_9671f53542_z.jpg

big - http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5228/5637883403_9671f53542_b.jpg

the photos are of the least worn areas - nearest to the cuff.

Great comparison. Interesting that the crocking is different - I would never have thought that the fill yarn would affect how the warp yarn wears...

As for me, altho I wore my knackered old 55s for a week or two (when Roy was really pissing me off) I like sticking to one pair of jeans. Life is simpler & more streamlined.

Great comparison. Interesting that the crocking is different - I would never have thought that the fill yarn would affect how the warp yarn wears...

As for me, altho I wore my knackered old 55s for a week or two (when Roy was really pissing me off) I like sticking to one pair of jeans. Life is simpler & more streamlined.

I think the difference would be starch. The 1915 were super starchy when I first got them. But of course, I could be making it all up

Your jeans are coming along great, erk! I can't wait to see what this thread looks like in 5-6 months.

Don't take it out on the jeans, man!

Oh no its cool to wear them a ton, but it just seemed like some folks felt obliged to wear them every day. I'm just saying that people shouldn't feel like their taking a pill when they put them on. That wasn't the point of this whole thing. This was meant to be fun and if we want to wear some other jeans we want then no one should feel bad for letting the roys air out for a day. Shit they could probably use it :).
It's good that some of you are going to take some time out....in fact I encourage it

:D

You guys are so wise! Good advice.

I would especially encourage zissou, robbie, Sansome, and now possibly erk & JosephHill to take some time to show some love to their other denimz. Can't you heartless bastards hear your Mister Freedoms, OG ROys, Cabourn's, LVCs, etc calling out from your closets for some love?

5639276618_86efd996ef_o.jpg

5639276248_10a7ea598b_b.jpg

5639276406_16b0735f34_o.jpg

5639276362_4b7cafcde8_b.jpg

5638700445_c22c3433a6_o.jpg

5639276546_f88a114c14_o.jpg

I'll take a break if you take a break, roy6. Looks like you've been working too hard in your Roys! ;)

(really nice fading by the way)