ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

nice stuff everyone and thanks for the compliments and rep.

Mike's father in law russ is wearing the rising sun "deadgrass" pants and was holding them up with a rope. It's not apparent in this pic, but eltopo has some pics of it that I think he'll be posting soon. He's a super cool guy with an immense amount of knowledge. He's been a geologist working for the state of california for 39 years. He definitely knows cali like the back of his hands.

im on the other island so im just watching the news with everyone else

have one friend i havent heard from yet

my and my ROYs sitting round feeling stink for not being able to do anything

Glad you're ok, hope all your friends are too. Ande whall's workshop was apparently badly damaged but he's fine.

Glad to hear AW's okay too.

Things have actually just erupted a bit here too. Friday's presidential elections were remarkably calm, but shit's going a bit crazy during the mayoral elections today. At 12:41pm, the Electoral Commission canceled the Kampala Mayoral elections over reported electoral fraud. Several boxes stuffed with pre-ticked ballot papers have been found and skirmishes between supporters of opposing mayors have been popping up all around the city.

Guess that's why I passed these guys on my way into the office this morning!

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Somehow that doesn't make me feel more safe.

Polling station across the street from the office looked calm enough

IMG_0849.jpg

Anyway, back to the good stuff:

Holy crap that near-boiling, agitated soak shrunk these suckers like whoa!

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

Lost 1.5ish inches in the waist, and the fit is considerably slimmed down. Didn't measure the inseam but based on the cuffs I'm guessing I lost about 1.5-2 inches. Stoked!

The soak also really brought out bunch of striation and brighter-blue hues in the denim. I'm getting more excited to see how all of these are going to look in 10.5 months!

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

been a while since i updated a real post, but today i hung out with the girlfriend for a while before she leaves for sydney again. been doing this long distance thing for 2 years now and fuck it is hard but its worth it.

R1003043.jpg

while waiting around. i love the texture and colour of the denim, they look great for now but i'll bet they'll look even better at 2 years or more.

R1003056-1.jpg

R1003054.jpg

hung around with her while she did her shopping. love the colour from around here.

R1003055.jpg

a quick request for a WAYWT. a little sloppy the shirt yes, but i love how fucking comfortable it is in this shitty 39 degrees weather.

R1003057.jpg

would you wear a thrashy t shirt like that? no i wouldnt but hell it is pretty cute. shout out to all of you guys "hey you!"

R1003059.jpg

got hungry and went for dinner tonight at a japanese restaurant.

R1003062.jpg

i think its a rip off for this but i still like having this. edemame, which is a green version of a soybean. they coat this is a light layer of salt and you're supposed to eat it off by chewing on the pod and the bean just pops out.

R1003063.jpg

had some sashimi as well. there was tuna, salmon, squid as well but they were prettty much gone by the time i whipped out the camera. there was prawn too but the taste and texture is a little weird for me to eat as sashimi.

R1003064.jpg

not too sure what its called but its a nice rice roll with avocado, softshell crab and a little bit of roe that pops in your mouth when you chew on it. delicioussss.

R1003066.jpg

grilled saba. not a fan of fish generally (other than sashimi), but this was pretty decent. had a whole ton of other food as well such as a california handroll and a salmon chirashi don and tempura as well but was too hungry to photograph.

Ran, can't wait to read your post properly.

We're out on the coast. ]

view from just outside our house, on the way to a terrific pub called The Neptune

1Neptune.jpg

And inside...

2NeptuneCod.jpg

This is one of the only places in the East of England where the sun sets over the water.

3Sunset.jpg

Up early this morning for low tide. Check out the museel beds, stretch for miles

4Reculver.jpg

Looking for these. Fossilised sharks teeth from the late Cretaceous...

5SHarksteeth.jpg

All of the brown, striated stones are fossilised wood and plants.

6fossilisedwood.jpg

View up the coast. IN the mist we could just make out a Roman Fort, converted into a Saxon abbey around 600AD.

7Reculver.jpg

The abbey up close

8Recoluvercastle.jpg

9gravestones.jpg

Into a nearby town, an old mod hangout called Margate, to warm up. We were all drenche,d it's still raining now.

10buns.jpg

Our haul: three sharks teeth, and we kept a couple of fossilised stalks...

10ourhaul.jpg

Margate itself was always v sworkins class. Not many people go there now, altho they're building a new modern art museum.

15TheJokeshop.jpg

But it has a terrific joke shop! I thought of buying a pair of flashing breast lights for markus.

12jokeshop.jpg

13flashingbreastlights.jpg

13bexplosinggum.jpg

Instread we bought a blue plastic thompson sub machine gun. Eat yer heart out, eltopo!

14tommygun.jpg

On the way back... an old airforce base, the first place they had Meteor jet fighters. They used them to shoot down there..

15V1.jpg

TG - glad that everything's fine with you and yours!

dkatz - watch your back mate! Those police men aren't joking!

ranon - wanna see more of you in here cuz I'm always enjoying your posts even if I'm always hungry after them :) and I really do like your filmpics...great shots there mate!

Paul - that's exactly how I think of england :) great pubs, old castles and foggy weather...nice!

fantastic updates guys

sup dkatz?

albbb.jpg

Yep. that's definitely pretty damn cute.

Very cute, pomata :)

Medine- that's crazy that your cinch has disintegrated so quickly. I think this beautiful denim is perhaps not the most durable, as I am getting some fraying on the pocket edges already. It will be interesting to see if any pairs don't even last a full year without major repairs.

I think my plan will be to wash them after two months, and then every month thereaftersince they are fading and wearing so quickly.

i agree with everyone about your son Pomata, he is cute.

Medine i am amazed by the evo you have on your cinch, what do you do exactly?

i dont have much evo on mine, just those crazy combs you can see on snuggy jeans around here..... not my fav cup of tea but heck i promised i would wear those whatever the fit would be.... i just overexposed a bit to make them more apparent that is it but i think it will be less visible after the first wash.

Very cute, pomata :)

Medine- that's crazy that your cinch has disintegrated so quickly. I think this beautiful denim is perhaps not the most durable, as I am getting some fraying on the pocket edges already. It will be interesting to see if any pairs don't even last a full year without major repairs.

I think my plan will be to wash them after two months, and then every month thereaftersince they are fading and wearing so quickly.

this is also my opinion.... i have knees fading already and unlike Markus i don't have a job that makes me kneel a lot.... i had to do some crotch repair as i had some stiches broken already.

evo pics will be very interresting to study. my cinch for example is far away from Medine"s.

btw Zissou, your belt is aging already nicely.

no pis from me at the moment, but i think i will soak mine finally next month. or do you guys think i should still go on without a soak ?

great post paul as always, real intersting i wish i could rep you. so many nice fits.

Finally got these up from a few weeks ago. Orkestar Zirconium. Ever have a twelve piece gypsy brass band play in your bedroom?

OZ113.jpg

OZ112.jpg

Playing their way out to the street.

OZ114.jpg

...and in the middle of the street. No cars in the wee hours, and noone called the cops.

OZstreet1.jpg