dismalfuture

official break up thread

You're not totally responsible man, lines need to be laid out clearly...from both sides. Don't beat yourself up over it.

drown your sorrows in new women and booze.

Nah, alcohol is a depressant. Start smoking copious amounts of bud.

drown your sorrows in new women and booze.

'mental gymnastics' is a pretty good description, really. it sucks.

how do you spend almost every night for six months in my bed and then go on a cruise with like five dudes, most of whom I've never even met and the one I have I told her I didn't like, one of those weird dudes always making sexual jokes and shit. what kind of mental gymnastics do you have to do to do that and then sleep easy at night.

isn't there a contradiction here though? maybe you people all stand on one side of the fence or the other and i'm not looking at the rep carefully enough

i don't see how on the one hand one could give break up advice to go out, get drunk and sleep with new women, but on the other hand not comprehending how your ex-girl can sleep and hang with new men

or calling her a bitch/slut/fake/etc

uh I dont know why you quoted me but she did that while we were still dating. also what is your point, only enlightened people like you can give advice?

okay well if you were dating that is a different story

also, i have never given advice to anyone, i'm an insufferable simpleton

man after me and a girl break up i really don't give a fuck what she does, it's her life.

different strokes for different folks i guess.

-----

Edited by haploid

my ex from a few years ago was in my dream last night. what the fuck.

did you finger her?

no they were both in a bathroom room sitting down while pissing holding hands

Edited by lawlercopterz

i guess its not so bad, especially considering how reasonable/peaceful/rational the break up was, and how we were only together for so little time. but it's still a bummer that here is now another relationship that simple didn't work, not really at the fault of anyone. of course my first reaction is self deprecation, even though it was mostly mutual. either way, it doesn't hurt the way the others did, but i don't really know what to do with myself other than work as much as i can to distract myself, at least until school starts again.

i should probably spend this time exploring brooklyn/nyc more, considering i just moved here a month ago. it'll be alright.

i guess its not so bad, especially considering how reasonable/peaceful/rational the break up was, and how we were only together for so little time. but it's still a bummer that here is now another relationship that simple didn't work, not really at the fault of anyone. of course my first reaction is self deprecation, even though it was mostly mutual. either way, it doesn't hurt the way the others did, but i don't really know what to do with myself other than work as much as i can to distract myself, at least until school starts again.

i should probably spend this time exploring brooklyn/nyc more, considering i just moved here a month ago. it'll be alright.

you're living in one of the most amazing cities in the world! go out and tear it up. you'll be fine

Nah, alcohol is a depressant. Start smoking copious amounts of bud.

lol?

edit: super mega triple quoted shoreman

Edited by philosophiliac

just got some intel (unrequested) from a really good friend about my ex, and it really helped make that final push off the pedestal I had put her on. I'm not even upset about it, it's just what I needed to hear to finally be able to seal it away as in the past...and it feels pretty good actually. On the same note, been kinda on a bender meeting and dating girls (to put it diplomatically) since the breakup, and somehow unintentionally found someone I really like spending time with and am super attracted to...feels good to let go of the past and not carry that baggage forward.

yeah push that bitch off yo. awhile ago i was posting in here about how my girlfriend dumped me, and we were split up for a month and i felt awful, then we got back together, dated for like five months or some shit, and she dumped me again. for the last month of our relationship she basically just treated me like one of her friends, never showed affection yaknow, and when i brought it up she just cold blooded dumped me again. she was saying all this bullshit "ohh you're still my best friend blah blah blah" and i wasn't having that again so i just bounced quick. haven't seen her really since it happened, and out of the blue she texted me so we could exchange the shit we left at each other's apartments and we both agreed to do it at the end of summer. i just found out that the same day she was texting me about that, she let herself into my friend's apartment building (one of them joints with the keypad) and since my friend wasn't home she left ALL OF MY SHIT with my friend's neighbor who we have never met before. what the fuck is that? i'd understand if it was like, two pairs of socks but there was irreplaceable shit in there. champion crewnecks that my bubby gave me and shit.

so in shorter words, my ex-gf is mad dumb, and i have also pushed her off the pedestal. feeling good bros.

you should feel motivated to do the same thing with her stuff

Edited by redX

so crazy shit.

my ex moved back to the city and i'd been avoiding her for a few weeks because i've been seeing a few other girls since we broke up awhile ago. anyways i was hosting a brunch party and all hell broke loose because two of the girls i had been hooking up with actually ended up there somehow at the same time and then my ex randomly shows up. what great timing on her part i guess.

anyways i end up leaving the fiasco relatively unscathed except i end up back at my ex's place and do the whole ex sex thing whatever whatever. weve been talking since and i know its basically the dumbest thing ever to do but we are giving it another shot.

so today i sent out the texts to my other girls to let them know the deal, so i guess this is like my super break up post because i just ended it with four other girls lol

stay strong brother. i know it doesn't count for much now but breakups really are the fast lane for self improvement. what does not kill you will make you stronger.

so crazy shit.

my ex moved back to the city and i'd been avoiding her for a few weeks because i've been seeing a few other girls since we broke up awhile ago. anyways i was hosting a brunch party and all hell broke loose because two of the girls i had been hooking up with actually ended up there somehow at the same time and then my ex randomly shows up. what great timing on her part i guess.

anyways i end up leaving the fiasco relatively unscathed except i end up back at my ex's place and do the whole ex sex thing whatever whatever. weve been talking since and i know its basically the dumbest thing ever to do but we are giving it another shot.

so today i sent out the texts to my other girls to let them know the deal, so i guess this is like my super break up post because i just ended it with four other girls lol

I predict that this will end horribly.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

even though i broke it up over 10 months ago we still enjoyed each others company frequently. we were still together in many ways without the title. i feel the guilt of recently meeting a new person and cheating bc i incorrectly thought the absence of an official title absolved me of responsibility and faithfulness to the former.

God damnit!

At least me being a passive aggressive rager has got me to try new things and improve my life. Past the wah/feel sorry for self/sad part of grief and embracing the anger stage.

been together for 10 years and married for 8 of them, and it's all falling apart around us now. I don't know what's going to happen, if we can fix it or even want to anymore, and the day-to-day insecurity is killing me.

Edited by Mr HaGa

sorry to hear that haga.

sufu sort of killed my last relationship... 4 years... glimpsing the fast lane can really fuck with you.

hurt someone i really care(d) about... some shit you live with other shit you just live around and this is the latter

probably had to happen though or i'd midlife crisis someday and really fuck shit up...

life~

i feel you mr haga.. i've been with my wife well over 10 years, married for over 3 and it looks like we're splitting up

it's hard to imagine being without someone that you've basically spent your entire adult life with

Yeah... Right now, our kid is the main reason we're still together, if not the only one...

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

fuck this.

So yeah, two-years relationship ending now. We had different life-goal plans so it's the best decision and I know it… but I still feel the illogical urge to take the first train and try to talk her out of it. I feel like shit about how I could've been a way better boyfriend, but I wasn't. I'm a fucking joke. World could end right now I would't care.

So yeah, two-years relationship ending now. We had different life-goal plans so it's the best decision and I know it… but I still feel the illogical urge to take the first train and try to talk her out of it.

Long distance?

I say if you are capable of going out and talking to her and you strongly feel that way, go for it.

I know how you feel about not being such a great boyfriend. I too would think I could be inadequate sometimes. But if you've been there for her and feel like you've had some amazing times together, you aren't a bad boyfriend.