official break up thread

dismalfuture

i helped cope my friend through a bad break up it was horrible everytime we went out he try to start a fight or get emo. He'd call me at 1am cus he couldnt sleep alone so i'd comeover with beer and alcohol and play video games til the sun came up. sometimes a little company from a good friend and time is all you need.

She wants to come over tonight, and I want it so bad also, but I know it prob isn't healthy. On the flipside, I got this other friend, a girl, and she's pretty fine and super cool and she wants to hang also and watch a movie. I don't wanna move too fast or whatever, and her and I could just be friends and that's totally fine, I'm just reaching for ways to not be by myself maybe. My homie is gonna hang too, and he's a great du in these situations. I'm a super impatient person, so hard to fight that and give things the time they need. I leave for LA tomorrow also, gonna see friends, get work done, go surf. Perfect time to clear my head and get balanced.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by choice, April 25, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by choice, April 25, 2012 - No reason given

been avoiding this thread for the past five months when I broke it off with my ex of nearly five years.

we had our own problems with communication and me reassuring her, neither of us were happy it seemed but she didn't want to end it and ultimately neither did I, I still really regret that shit. Spent the next three months getting absolutely shithammered and not talking to her as I figured it best to give her space, started pulling myself together and got back on the right track for the most part, excercising and cutting back on bad habits and shit. fast forward to a few weeks ago when she texted me and we linked up to chat which ended up with us talking about our relationship and potentially giving it another try, she was dating someone else and from the way it sounded she dropped him on the spot. Was going great for a few weeks until I guess he texted her about how she dropped everything for a guy that fucked her over and now she wants to take it slow. Which is understandable, but fuck does it hurt.

What makes it hurt even worse is that she openly admits that she loves me, and I really do believe that as she's one of the most sincere people I've ever met, and while she only likes this guy it's hard to fall back into me because I did of course break her heart once and because of that we're flawed. She says she loves being around me but needs to figure some things out. We've been hanging out but it's so fucking hard on my end seeing her and feeling like this.

I really hope this works out. Fuck that guy, if I only knew he was (which eats away at me even more for some weird reason) I'd cave his fucking head in if it meant something in her head would click and she'd come back to me entirely.

i'm a total fucking crybaby about this but it feels validated, at least typing this all out was a little therapeutic.

time don't heal shit.

etc.

fuck errythang

Edited by choice

Damn. I don't get it. Girlfriend and I were on a break because she wanted to "find herself". Then she broke up with me, using the same reasoning saying I was a "great boyfriend, and I want to date you again when I get my stuff together". I don't get this shit.

Jesus...the ex is doing everything in her power to not take the rest of her things. I'm making it as easy as possible, being so fucking cool about it when I should go ballistic. She doesn't appreciate anything I do for her, at all. I know what this is...not taking the last of her stuff, and she's fighting so hard. Taking it to her, leaving it on her doorstep I guess. I really don't wanna play games anymore. People hella show their true colors after you split, it's sad.

^^ no hate, but she's probably just hurting man and can't face the reality of the breakup. not everyone is strong in these situations.

on the other hand, she could be a manipulative bith. I don't know her. in any case it's better for you both to get a clean break and some distance and someone has to be dispassionate enough about it to sort it out. i'd say just take her stuff round - a few hours work and you'll both be that much more out of each other's lives.

yea, I think it's a little of both. I could tell she was still hurting and super conflicted. I'm trying to get this done quick so it doesn't drag out for either of us. I don't know why I'm being so nice to her still, I should be hating and raging...but I still don't want her to be upset. She came over and I helped her get her things in her car, except for a table she couldn't fit and is coming back for. She hugged me, I can tell this is gonna be uncomfortable either way we work it. I've tried just cutting off communication, and we did for a few days...we might need to go the distance on this one and cut it off for a really long time, there's just too many feelings left there on both ends. I was just feeling decently over it, then seeing her brought it back. There's no good solution to this. Trying really hard to take it on the chin and get done what needs to, she'll just hide out indefinitely, but it's hard looking at her things and not raging that she can't pull it together to do her part...and she fucked all this up anyways. I dunno, we might just need to put some real time and distance between us.

Damn. I don't get it. Girlfriend and I were on a break because she wanted to "find herself". Then she broke up with me, using the same reasoning saying I was a "great boyfriend, and I want to date you again when I get my stuff together". I don't get this shit.

aw man. when through this shit about a year ago. biggest regret is getting back with the beezy. only led to two more break ups.

yea, I think it's a little of both. I could tell she was still hurting and super conflicted. I'm trying to get this done quick so it doesn't drag out for either of us. I don't know why I'm being so nice to her still, I should be hating and raging...but I still don't want her to be upset. She came over and I helped her get her things in her car, except for a table she couldn't fit and is coming back for. She hugged me, I can tell this is gonna be uncomfortable either way we work it. I've tried just cutting off communication, and we did for a few days...we might need to go the distance on this one and cut it off for a really long time, there's just too many feelings left there on both ends. I was just feeling decently over it, then seeing her brought it back. There's no good solution to this. Trying really hard to take it on the chin and get done what needs to, she'll just hide out indefinitely, but it's hard looking at her things and not raging that she can't pull it together to do her part...and she fucked all this up anyways. I dunno, we might just need to put some real time and distance between us.

dude wut is going on with you :blink:

girl i've been with 3 years and kind of in between for the past few months finally broke it off with me for good yesterday. surprise attacked me with a box of all my shit. she's liked some other dude for a while now but says she liked me more for the past few months. when she finally told me who du was, she acted like i was gonna be some extra jealous guy who would be all clingy when she was the one who changed how she acted. sad thing is we had one of our best dates in a good while on friday and she barely talks to me the rest of the weekend and breaks it off monday.

hopefully everything works out. pretty sure she's gonna go out with the other dude so i'm gonna try and be respectful and give her space. i'm honestly still in love with her though and even though i want her to be happy, i also kinda want her to be miserable and miss me like i'm missing her

Damn bro, I know it's hard and all but she's totally taking the upper hand. Don't give her the time of day, stay with friends, just do things that make you happy. I struggled for about a month pretty badly but thankfully my girl is a few states away. I made sure to go out every single weekend, started talked with girls I had lost contact with, and took up new hobbies and bought myself clothes to keep my mind off things.

So, it's been about two and a bit months since my ex dumped me. Went through a really bad phase where I'd get really upset all of the time, and then decided I just needed to cut her out of my life - deleted her off facebook, deleted her number, etc. Didn't speak at all for ages and it was the best thing ever. I missed her like hell, but I could actually feel myself getting over it, albeit slowly. We have started e-mailing each other again since yesterday and it is strange: at first I felt really bad again, but as it keeps going I am actually starting to feel okay, even happy for her when she mentions something that is going right in her life. Think this is the start of things getting better, and my mood finally improving.

Edited by CBM