The Flat Head

LFC4ever

If you go here: www.flat-head.co.uk you will be able to link to a sizing chart. Apologies for the rather primitive nature of the website. I was not intending to publish just yet, but the sizing chart here will help answer some of your questions. I do not have the sizings for the 5100's, but they are a little slimmer than the 3005's and constructed out of 13.5oz denim rather than the 14.5oz of the 3005's. As soon as I have the 5100 sizing I will publish.

All sizes are unwashed raw, unless the model number ends in a "C" (hard-washed) or an "R" (re-worked) in which case they are pre-shrunk.

I got my 3003 today, very happy with them! The rise is very high, which is what I wanted, and the fit is very nice, they're about 1 size too big raw, so I think this is the right size.

There might end up being my favourite pair.

btw, they certainly don't measure the same as tag size raw, and I'm certain that no other FH jeans do either; Dick just doesn't know his way around the tape measure! ;D

how do the 3005xx and 3003xx compare fit wise. I am leaning twords the 3005xx but I definatley dont want them too baggy. anyone wanna help me out?

d i t t o .

Looking at that size chart courtesy of Flathead, I can see why HJJ sized down, it seems they are cut nearly +3 on the tag size and then, if as Kiya says, they shrink about an inch in the waist they would be too big. Or have I missed something??

Looking at that size chart courtesy of Flathead, I can see why HJJ sized down, it seems they are cut nearly +3 on the tag size and then, if as Kiya says, they shrink about an inch in the waist they would be too big. Or have I missed something??

Too big for me? No, I think these will be fine.

My 28 is 78cm in circumference, and I am 100% sure these shrink ~2 inches.

All the sizing experiments I have done with a wide range of Flathead jeans and denim shirts result in the tagged waist (or chest) size being fairly accurate after hot soaking. So my advice is buy the tagsize. The sizing charts I put up on the website are really there more so people can compare the rise, the round the arse maesurement etc., from one design to another

Nothing to do with jeans, but is there a Flathead hat? Some guy sitting next to me was wearing the same design pattern of the Flathead shirts but as a cap, and he was talking about Japanese stuff the whole time, he's probably looking at this thread as we speak...

I've said this before and i'll say it again..

I find sizing charts supplied by the manufacturer to almost always be wildly inaccurate. Which is why i do all of my own measurements on ALL the jeans we list on our online store.

In regards to the models i have personal experience with by measuring them myself and soaking them myself.. the 3001, 4001BK, 3003, and 5100....

They measure out to be 3/4" bigger than the tagged size, they end up shrinking between 3/4" to 1 1/4" after a hot soak.

Hope that helps..

I got my 3003 today, very happy with them! The rise is very high, which is what I wanted, and the fit is very nice, they're about 1 size too big raw, so I think this is the right size.

There might end up being my favourite pair.

btw, they certainly don't measure the same as tag size raw, and I'm certain that no other FH jeans do either; Dick just doesn't know his way around the tape measure! ;D

That is a definite possibility. However, my hot soaked (twice) S710s are longer than my raw unsoaked 3003s, both are tagged 36 inseam.

Could kiya or someone else post a closeup pic of the denim? I was thinking about the 3001 for a future purchase but wanted to see a good representation of the denim color and texture. Thanks.

Could kiya or someone else post a closeup pic of the denim? I was thinking about the 3001 for a future purchase but wanted to see a good representation of the denim color and texture. Thanks.

We'll have photos of the 4001BK up on our site tomorrow, and the 3001 will be on our site on Wednesday.

Our photos should show a close up of sorts.

:)

The flat head denim looks kinda flat? Might just be because of the flash. Anyone have any side angled pictures that show texture?

The flat head denim looks kinda flat? Might just be because of the flash. Anyone have any side angled pictures that show texture?

I believe all hjj's pics are of his jeans before the first soak. Here are some of my 3003s after a warm rinse and warm tumble dry and about 4 or 5 wearings.

3003_arc_1840.jpg

3003_rightfront_1842.jpg

3003_coin_1841.jpg

not great pics but i hope you get a better idea of the texture.

Thanks a lot. They look a lot better than i was thinking.

So someone I know is taking a trip to Hong Kong, and she said she would stop by the Take 5 store to buy me a pair of Flatheads with the arcuates still intact. I e-mailed them and they said they still have the 3005XX, 5005XX, 5100XX, 4001BK(Black Nee Fit Straight), 3007(Boot Cut) still available with the arcuate and red tab. I'm looking for more of a straight cut jean that is a little on the slim side. My true waist is a 32. I'm wondering what model i should get. help?

To anybody wanting close up photos of Flat Head jeans..

We just put up the 3001, 4001BK, and 5100 with amazing photos taken by Ayn:

http://http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

So someone I know is taking a trip to Hong Kong, and she said she would stop by the Take 5 store to buy me a pair of Flatheads with the arcuates still intact. I e-mailed them and they said they still have the 3005XX, 5005XX, 5100XX, 4001BK(Black Nee Fit Straight), 3007(Boot Cut) still available with the arcuate and red tab. I'm looking for more of a straight cut jean that is a little on the slim side. My true waist is a 32. I'm wondering what model i should get. help?

anybody know? please?