Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

Nice pickup Foxy, I've been looking at some of Loopwheelers stuff lately.

Mainly their classic border LS tee with the boat neck, although depending on the Tezomeya fit I might get one from them.

I wish Loopwheeler would step up their zippers, for a garment at that price their zippers are very ordinary.

I see the point about the zipper/zipper puller.

But I am working in the industry and I witness bad zipper puller choices on a daily basis - seeing a plain and simple zipper in top notch, excellent execution (and these modern YKK zippers are top in their class) is making me happy.

Sometimes it doesn't take much...

Put in my order for the loopwheel shirts from Independence Chicago. They're listed on the invoice as Anvil - American Classic T-Shirt. Should have them in a couple days and I'll update with some pictures

I am going to go out on a limb and say these aren't loopwheeled (swear I've seen this posted somewhere here before). No made in America loop wheel anything. But for 22, they fit nice and material good why not.

I am assuming is circular knitted (don't quote me)

Bradl,

Tim at Indepdence assured me they were loop wheeled. Still not sure myself but figured I'd give it a shot. They're arriving next Tuesday according to UPS but I'll be in the Bay Area until Sat. You guys will have to wait for close up pictures until then.

S-town,

I googled the name on the invoice and came up with a few hits. Once I get them I'll see if there's any info on the tag that will be more helpful.

Edited by CPaul

I mean, I've never came across a loopwheeled shirt from Japan lower than 6000 yen (tezo), so how anyone in the states could be selling them at $22, is well, impossible. Plus, the only loopwheel machines are in Japan.

I'm with bradl too. The shirts from Independence Chicago are probably not slow knit loop wheeled found in Japan. They are most likely circular knit and the term gets used interchangeably a lot with loop wheeled. In any case, it still looks like a quality tee and at an affordable price. No side seams are always a bonus.

Am I a dunce, or is there no contact information (beside info form) for Tezomeya?

Best route to go is to send Jon an email (which is on his website) for correspondence.

Based on his Instagram account he's stateside at the moment.

I placed an order back on the 9th of this month, excited for them to arrive in a couple weeks.

If those end up being Anvil brand t-shirts, they are a bit steep. Here is a link to Anvil's website, for their Made in US tees. http://www.anvilknitwear.com/Product-Catalogs/Adult-Unisex/US980

Here's a link to them for sale. Less than 6 bucks a pop: http://www.nyfifth.com/anvil-us980-american-made-short-sleeve-ringspun-t-shirt-p-21738.html?gclid=CIjiv4rSvLgCFY87MgodgisANA

Best route to go is to send Jon an email (which is on his website) for correspondence.

Based on his Instagram account he's stateside at the moment.

I placed an order back on the 9th of this month, excited for them to arrive in a couple weeks.

In your experience how much has shipping been from Tezo to the states? I'm interested but wanted to more info from someone experienced with them. 

In your experience how much has shipping been from Tezo to the states? I'm interested but wanted to more info from someone experienced with them. 

Jon told me he would send me the shipping quote once the order is done, so I still am not sure what that's going to cost.

Maybe Snake could help out on this one since he's already placed an order before.

I doubt it will be very much at all, Japan seems to have very reasonable shipping rates. (Maybe that's just because I live in Canada, it's an absolute rip off)