Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Jeans just experience their last dry minutes, the soak is going to happen right next hour. If I suddenly stop posting, that means I've died from pneumonia, acquired by letting them dry on my body in Berlin's autumn.

What size are Aong_sk`s, incidentally? I just love to look at his fit. Great.

So, guys, you've seen pre- and post soak pics here, I offer a "during" version.

I spent 30 minutes with them on in the tub (tried a self-pic, but that didn't work out at all).

This is about 30 minutes later, the dripping has stopped, but obviously they are still 100% wet and cling rather chilly on my butt. Brrr. This is a challenge (I did turn up the heat!).

Biggest surprise: no colour transfer, no bleeding at all. The (very warm) water stayed crystal clear. Is this always so with this fabric, Gun?

They don't feel all that much tighter, which, of course, might still happen with the drying. Sharp observers will have noted that the cuffs are gone for the moment, I'm very much in suspense whether there will be any when they are dry. I'd love to keep wearing them cuffed (yeah, I know, I'm a show-off...want everyone to see the distinct green selvage), but that may not be on offer with the shrinkage happening as I write this.

Guys, this needs to happen at the height of summer, not autumn. I'll keep moving a lot, have some nice music on (Taylor Hawkins, among others...these jeans make me feel like rock music!) and the heating is on max.

Next pic when they are dry, and yes, before any complaints come in, then I'm also going to be fully clothed again, no worries.

2qxuf74.jpg

Hi and thanks for your worries, Lance! Looks as if I'm hanging in there.

My thighs are fine as well, they are used to tight denim and like the feel of it just as the rest of me.

The jeans are now almost dry, there are some last wet spots at the pockets. I don't feel there's all that much shrinkage, that probably was averted by my wearing them during the entire process.

Gun, when you find the time: (there's still the open question about the total lack of indigo bleeding, which I find rather astonishing). How much of the shrinkage do you reckon I've got out of the way with this "ritual" today?

I feel they have become a little softer on the inside, but rougher to the touch on the outside actually.

Guest artistdenim
So, guys, you've seen pre- and post soak pics here, I offer a "during" version.

I spent 30 minutes with them on in the tub (tried a self-pic, but that didn't work out at all).

This is about 30 minutes later, the dripping has stopped, but obviously they are still 100% wet and cling rather chilly on my butt. Brrr. This is a challenge (I did turn up the heat!).

Biggest surprise: no colour transfer, no bleeding at all. The (very warm) water stayed crystal clear. Is this always so with this fabric, Gun?

They don't feel all that much tighter, which, of course, might still happen with the drying. Sharp observers will have noted that the cuffs are gone for the moment, I'm very much in suspense whether there will be any when they are dry. I'd love to keep wearing them cuffed (yeah, I know, I'm a show-off...want everyone to see the distinct green selvage), but that may not be on offer with the shrinkage happening as I write this.

Guys, this needs to happen at the height of summer, not autumn. I'll keep moving a lot, have some nice music on (Taylor Hawkins, among others...these jeans make me feel like rock music!) and the heating is on max.

Next pic when they are dry, and yes, before any complaints come in, then I'm also going to be fully clothed again, no worries.

2qxuf74.jpg

Hi and thanks for your worries, Lance! Looks as if I'm hanging in there.

My thighs are fine as well, they are used to tight denim and like the feel of it just as the rest of me.

The jeans are now almost dry, there are some last wet spots at the pockets. I don't feel there's all that much shrinkage, that probably was averted by my wearing them during the entire process.

Gun, when you find the time: (there's still the open question about the total lack of indigo bleeding, which I find rather astonishing). How much of the shrinkage do you reckon I've got out of the way with this "ritual" today?

I feel they have become a little softer on the inside, but rougher to the touch on the outside actually.

sorry man, just got up, it's 10AM here ;)

when I shrink my jean, it doesn't bleed at all as well, I did 2 hour hot soak.

about soaking time, don't worry that much, every jean should be shrink before wear so that fabric absorbs water so that the thread will stronger. Just simple, if the jean doesn't fit they way you want, shrink them again, if not? again. 4 hours shrinking is the maximum time to get rid of shrinkage However, it's your jean, do whatever you want, wear em loose, wear em tight, there is noting right or wrong :rolleyes:

by the way man, you're right, it doesn't shrink a lot because you wear em while you shrink :o

love this fit how many did you size down?

I sized down two :)

So they are dry now after all (the pocket linings are really a bitch to get dried, the material is so thick, it's stays humid forever...).

I think the process widened them more than shrunk them, they are now considerably more comfortable. 30 is definitely the right size for me, this is now clear.

Still would like to know the size of Aong_sk !

So here's the promised pic after drying.

The jeans are now quite comfortable. You'll notice the folds in the crotch area and even on the thighs, they have stretched! Bathtub ritual does it every time - and, of course, Gun's size recommendation was amply validated.

Slight new issue: I wore them with my harness biker boots today, and the legs are simply just a tad too slim for them. Hence the somewhat weird folds around the knee, as the lower legs of the jeans were pushed up. This is unfortunate, as these boots are my preferred footwear in the cold season, and I now will either have to change something about that or live with wearing my artists this way.

Any thoughts?

2mex2rn.jpg

Yeah, I love the fit, too! Plus the feel is awesome, this is some denim.

And I'll take it with "Holmes" here -elementary, my dear Watson- and won't "sweat it".

Guest artistdenim

By the way, what does you guy think.

Union special 43200G chain stith mahine, original logo has been rub off due to machine's age but they patch a new one up. it's still working, i'm deciding whether i should pick it up or look for another one.

what do you guy think, shall I pick it up?

photokc.jpg

photo2ty.jpg

Gun, absolutely do get the Union Special, if the price is not totally unreasonable. It will be a big asset to your brand.

Bon voyage to down under! When will you be back?

Guest artistdenim
Gun, absolutely do get the Union Special, if the price is not totally unreasonable. It will be a big asset to your brand.

Bon voyage to down under! When will you be back?

Next week man, I'll pick em up;)

pick it up gun. things like these don't come by easily.

your word made me made up my mind ranon, I'll definitely pick him up:)

I can't wait!! about how long does it take to ship to the U.S?

should be about 1-2 weeks man, shipped em out :rolleyes:

Jean sent

dsc01241t.jpg

Australia & New Zealand package will be ship tomorrow :)

dsc01381r.jpg

Hopefully Gun is safe on his way by now. The Aussies should be aware that an up and coming Asian denim entrepreneur is visiting.

Oh, and I wanted to register my regrets about aong_sk, I did not consider the possibility that his legs and the ability to fit so well into a W 28 could be due to a disease. I am sorry. He looks absolutely great, though, in the slim cut artistdenims. Rock star body, I'd say, perhaps from a Chinese boy band? :o)

he is in 28, he got a disease called chicken leg syndrome