some new pics:

I went to my grandfathers house today. he lived in a really interesting house in the country side; I haven't been to the place in years, maybe two or three times since he died 17 years ago. the house is empty, has barely been checked upon every now and then. my relatives have wanted to keep it because its quite unique and the family also owns the land, but no one has come up for any use for it so the place just is there. I get quite an eerie feeling when I go there since I've been there only a couple of times after he passed away. I can easily see my grandfather sitting in a folding chair on the front yard, the sun was burning so he had a hat made out of a napkin with the corners tied. wandering around there, I cant help but to feel sad that I didn't know him when I was older.

eam05.jpg

eam01.jpg

eam02.jpg

eam04.jpg

eam06.jpg

that house is fucking awesome. the natural materials, colors, and lines make the design forever attractive even though you can tell it was built in the 60s, 70s. who designed it?

also, rep for keeping it in the family. this house is an heirloom.

to be honest I dont know that much about the history of the house, while there I was just thinking that I need to find out more about it. my grandfather was in construction business all of his life though, so I assume he designed and planned atleast some aspects of it.

Started playing with my cam this weekend too... Nikon d50 with a 50mm f/1.4 mounted on it.

I'm still getting used to the intricacies of the body and the lens... mostly with the pictures coming out too warm, the tendency to blow out highlights, the extra crop factor and the lense's super thin DOF at 1.4.

468012471_944d244ec3_m.jpg

468012311_584168a200.jpg

468004448_5f9bbbf202.jpg

bought a 20 mm f/2.8 ef usm today on a whim. i was getting seller's remorse after ditching my old super-wide, plus it was time (have a new gig at a magazine for the summer). oh how i missed vignetting.

mike lowrey, what a lovely house. now i see where you get your sense of aesthetic.