wow, thanks guys! i don't know what +rep is, but i'm smiling at the positive feedback :)

aaron- camera was an old canon d60, lenses were either a 50mm1.8 mk1 or 70-200 f4L, or a zenitar fisheye.....or i think one was a sigma 17-35 2.8-4ex dg hsm. actually...i might have used an 85 1.8 too....haha, i have a bit of gear, i dont really remember as i switched around a lot. post processing was minimal, some levels and curves as i converted to tiff, except the b+w one with the kids pouring water, that one i had to clone out a kid to the right as i wanted somewhat of a symetrical comp.

i agree everyone in this thread has quite the eye, awesome work!

Coco Butter...

You're photos make me happy because they remind me of a simple time in my life far less complex in many ways then the life I live now.

They are not mindblowing yet, but their is a subtle familiarity/nostalgia that really resonates with me.

I made a hand-bound book for one of my highschool graduation projects of similar photos.

Thanks for posting those.

And other random shit as I fumble about with the new 400D.

e_MG_0596_sf.jpg

e_MG_0617_sf.jpg

More from this set of Penang Malaysia here and here.

pooble36.jpg

pooble40_sf.jpg

Enlarged

It's all digital.

To the purists: I know I have a tendency push my colours a lot and one could say I'm a fan of cyan, but it's all from curve and colour adjusments, and frankly I like it better that way. Because of my background in drawing and painting, I'm less inclined to obsess over the technicalities of photography equipment and/or what's "right" (of course there are boundaries I am aware of and adhere to) and am content (for now) to just "work" with the image captured from the camera to the best of my abilities, even if the original shot wasn't picture perfect, I think it's the end product that matters more. But make no mistake, the moment I add anything to photographs, like paintover touchups and the such, I'd call them photo-manip or photo-illustration. Fire away if you want to.

beautiful shots. I'd say you are on the good side of editing. coming from a graphic background myself, I can relate to what you said. as for myself, I used to touch up photos a lot more but more recently decided to limit myself from doing so, mainly to push myself to get the most out of the camera itself. but as mentioned I dont think yours look over done at all.

welcome to superfuture and I hope to see more of your photos in the future.