Figured I could get some help here...

I'm looking for a good "all around" zoom lens for my D7000. Previously, someone suggested a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, which is definitely around my price point. Anybody have experience with this lens or another one I should try instead?

Can anyone with the both give me some comparisons? I'm gonna be traveling over the summer and want something that's gonna be good for cities, landscapes, etc...

For cities/landscapes, the tamron 17-50 would be the wiser of the choice. I had the tamron 17-50 VC version and that lens was pretty sharp, with the non-VC supposedly suppose to be sharper (and cheaper)!

I have the 28-75 , it's got really good contrast and saturation . It focuses decently fast and has macro capabilities. Being its a macro lens it's suppose to keep sharp evenly throughout the entire frame, so this may be a perk for landscapes

Edited by TheCreativeD00m

I know it's called photographic posts but people should stop postings random generic shit like a leaf in close up w/ low depth of field. It's neither intriguing/interesting graphically nor meaningly. I'm all about posting pics, but there's a crosspoint between testing your camera's abilities and actually making good photography, and it's all about updating your standards.

I'm not sure who youre referring to , but my picture of the tree up to was just me admiring the vibrant purples of the pedals that are blooming way to early. It was nice to see in an otherwise gray/brown atmosphere. Sometimes it just having the ability to focus on one tiny thing that makes the shot interesting like Jacobs photo above that little bit of a stick in focus, I'm not saying its ground breaking but impressive none the less . Why don't you show us how it's done?

^The ongoing battle of what photography is/isn't. Art is subjective to taste and no one will ever ever ever come to terms to what "real/good photography/art" is. Over the years I've just come to accept that and ignore those types of arguments. Sometimes simple shots of a leaf/petals might mean a lot more to someone else that comes across those images. No need to defend yourself TCD.

Anyway, live music images are boring, but here's one of Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

kareno.jpg

^The ongoing battle of what photography is/isn't. Art is subjective to taste and no one will ever ever ever come to terms to what "real/good photography/art" is. Over the years I've just come to accept that and ignore those types of arguments. Sometimes simple shots of a leaf/petals might mean a lot more to someone else that comes across those images. No need to defend yourself TCD.

Anyway, live music images are boring, but here's one of Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

kareno.jpg

I really like this shot. At first I thought it was a j-pop/k-pop singer.

Yes.

I get it if you don't like certain photos, but everyone has his/her own style. Hipsters mainly like hipster photos of horribly noisy photos, while wildlife photographers only like images of birds with absolutely no background taken with 300mm+ lenses. It's really all about what you personally like. I admire almost everyone's talent in here but while that may be true, I can't say I'm a fan of everyone's photos in here.