lax It's a pretty heavy lens, more than what you're used to i'm sure, but you'll get the hang of it! and it is a wonderful lens for sure...It took me a day or two to get used to the 3.5lbs of my 70-200, and i still feel it after a day of shooting.

well, I leave Shanghai for Beijing on monday, so i'll get one final set this weekend and that will be that from this fine city. anyway, here are some stragglers from last week that i just processed the other night...

6034374502_a5c5f4a127_z.jpg

6034365470_2a9e83c254_z.jpg

6034400260_330201ddb4_z.jpg

^ very crisp saturated shot.

okay, so I'm trying different styles for my portraits lately. Critique please! (trying to work on posing, etc for a few paying shoots coming up)

6030804643_61fa20f745_b.jpg

Hey FG. How do you get those sun flare shots? I want to try those myself with portraits.

Ok, so here are a couple of test shots with my new lens, the thing is crisp as hell! It again... focuses soooo fast! I still like MF better than AF though, unfortunately that would take too long with this lens, so I will just use AF.

6034736499_f2a0e790f3.jpg

6034737043_1fd218960a.jpg

6035291060_94a47c8de0.jpg

6034738331_eec75baf82.jpg

If you wanna view the EXIF, just click the images link should take you to Flickr.

^ very crisp saturated shot.

Hey FG. How do you get those sun flare shots? I want to try those myself with portraits.

you have your subject's back to the sun and you get just the rim of your lens to hit the sun. It helps if you have a lens hood but I didn't have one in this photo.

art

Ta Koven!

Lighting is really good on that shot. Fill flash? Reflector?
x2 would like to know as well. What camera? Very nice shot!

Haha, no setup! Just shot with my back turned to the sun. Taken with a 4 year old Nikon D60 and a 35mm f/1.8G. I think I just got lucky with perfect exposure.

Just upgraded to a D7000. Can't wait to take it out and see what I can come up with.

Adjusted white balance then? With the sun that low, I'd imagine it having more of an yellow hue.

I always get the feeling that depending on where you live photos can have a different feel. UV or atmosphere or whatever I can tell there's a difference between photos taken in USA, Japan or Australia. I can't remember what PP I did to this photo, but from memory it wasn't much. You should always adjust your white balance anyway.