wish I did. Thinking of the olympus ep1, anyone shooting with that?

my debate: currently have a cheap heavy tripod, it sucks because when i tilt it vertically it wont hold the weight, but otherwise not too bad. However, I can get a better tripod or a an ep1..I don't have enough for both. Which would you guys do?

I use an E-PL1 similar I think and it does the job, although I am in no means a hardcore photography enthusiast.

Here's a couple of recent photos, I can upload more if you want.

p7052269.jpg

p8013329.jpg

party, do you scan yourself?

I'm looking at copping one

I scan everything on my Epson V700 with a cut piece of anti-newton glass to keep negatives flat on the holders.

It'll takes some patience to figure out your own workflow, but it's worth it. Home scans are much better than what you get from a 24hr place, and sometimes even labs.

I also use silverfast scanner software, they're film profiles will help get the colors and tones right in your scans.

^ good stuff -Z-. i've just left Shanghai, and i wish i found more time to wander about on my own. was a good time to leave though, with that incoming tropical storm.

so i finally got to developing/scanning some rolls from a 1 day place to check for xray damage. been sitting on these rolls for like a month. shits so cheap in china.

few from HK

6014830160_c00e745488_z.jpg

6014285183_2a381f600a_z.jpg

6017101342_0ca0df60ff_z.jpg

hey thanks! everything was shot with a 5DmkII and 70-200 f/2.8 (i usually shoot primes but have been using this on the street to get used to it for traveling)

Too many people to mention, but good stuff over the last few days!

I couldn't decide which shot I liked more so both are going up. If anyone is wondering I am still using the kit lens, although I am most likely going to buy the 24-70 2.8L.

6018225072_c61a100898.jpg

6018226206_a2b7094860.jpg

And then there is this shot, which took me like 20 times before I said enough. The bee wound up chasing me since I was about 6 inches or so away from it trying to get a good macro of it... didn't really work though...

6018227626_afe7dcfd38.jpg

looks like tri-x. what software do you use for b/w conversion.. and it looks like you added grain. lightroom?

i sometimes use cs5 but 95% of the time i use Lightroom which is what i used for these. i used it for the grain as well. been messing around for a long time trying to get a good film look for my digital shots since as much as i want to, i just don't shoot film as much as i would like...haha.