The day I got a lens besides my 50 was the day I started depending more on my equipment and less on myself, my eye, etc. I'm not saying that something wider is great to have for landscape, and a zoom is great for weddings, or any of that, but I recently just sold off all of my lenses save 1, and the feeling's absolutely back.

minimalist photobag ftw, as far as i'm concerned.

yah i know what you mean. i just wanted a zoom so im not limited to one focal length for when im shooting for money and they want something that my 50 cant capture but as far as shooting personal stuff 1 lens would be key for me and it has been for a couple years.

just puttin it out there.

for now ill still be borrowing lenses from my buddy 'asimplefarmer' ahahha

Well did some recent stuff. Its all under development right now, as Im trying to edit these properly. You tell me.

4478915357_3eb4c1aafd.jpg

4479405802_c4be68cac1.jpg

4479404046_6d0eaeeb96.jpg

4478378380_0556eb20fc.jpg

4477753351_c0d1e6e847.jpg

Let me know if you like the vibrant feel, or the toned down slightly cross processed feel? Im an idiot when it comes to Photoshop.

Thanks for the feedback you guys. Really appreciate it. :]

airfrogusmc- your b/w's are killer!!

eggshell- totally wished i was at/in some sort of photography program. Maybe I'll catch a break and get to intern somewhere this summer.

Which sort of leads to.....

Anyone have any advice on where to start looking for some photography related work? (ie. Assistance, or even odd jobs around a photography-related gig?) (This coming from someone with no experience in photography "career-wise"....whats a good place to start??)

My favourite to camp with friends. Pity we have to share it with everyone now that Lonely Planet listed it as best travel destination for 09. This has been sitting in my archives since 2008 as the sky is shit. Shot at F.18 / 4 sec with 350D & 10-22. The two images were later stitched in PTGui and is not HDR.

4488849910_b20e8e043c_b.jpg

Which sort of leads to.....

Anyone have any advice on where to start looking for some photography related work? (ie. Assistance, or even odd jobs around a photography-related gig?) (This coming from someone with no experience in photography "career-wise"....whats a good place to start??)

First piece of advice is don't do it. :)

Second is to start looking around for any chapters of photography associations related to advertising or commercial work — you can get memberships and use them as resources to find local photographers or studios.

And, of course, network.