Have any of you used the Nikon 35-70 2.8D? I've read a couple of reviews but have never used the lens. I'm looking at one that will be a little less than $300. Thoughts?

Snapped these with my phone camera, it had a pretty decent lens for a phone. And it's the only digital I have. Medium format is usually what I go with, occasionally 35mm b&w

2338uoq

2bmo8vu

23qzjk8

I put this one up earlier (TTV) and developed the results. Not really great but it has a creamy composition which reflects the flavor. Moka stovetop with fresh-ground Intelligentsia Black Cat espresso roasted a few weeks before this brew.

2cq593726uxk9t

i'm not but i will be for the next camera. leaning towards d700 even though i shoot canon now. i'm not really committed to canon with a ton of glass to where switching isn't an option.

full frame makes lens choice less of a headache and i'm a documentary photographer, taking stuff more on the wide end so losing the crop will be nice so i can use something like the 24-70mm for what it's really made for. i have to use a 16-50mm right now to get the same focal range.