Rob, why the D700? Im always questioning the switch (Nikon to Canon). Just feel, at wide open, canon lenses succeed.

from my research, compared to the d700, all the 5d has going for it is HD video and more megapixels.

and nikon 24-70mm >>>>>>>>>> canon 24-70mm L

i went to an APA event for photoshop CS5 last night, with a presentation/demo from the product manager at adobe. the same guy that made the 'content-aware' videos that were such a hit on the interwebs. that stuff is cool and all but i'm more excited about the auto defringing and puppet warp. and there are some nice little features they added to speed up work flow and get rid of some really repetitive tasks.

it was held here. fuckin nice place.

http://leftspace.com/

Hmm well 5D is more tempting day-by-day. I may make the switch before my trip to NYC. Any of you live near NYC?

BTW, just now getting familiar with the Dodge/Burn tool, so bare with me.

it's not like either is a bad camera. the nikon just suits my needs better and has features i hold more important than video and megapixels.

btw, do you use lightroom for initial raw processing? if so, using adjustment brushes to do dodging and burning is a lot more powerful and also non-destructive so you can go back and change things any time.