you guys snap very beautiful pictures. care to share what cameras and lens? anyone know what hedi slimane is using?

This is a point that's been nailed to death but:

The camera and lens doesn't (always) make a picture better - a good camera can offer more control and a better lens can help you take better pictures in low light/be sharper - but the reality is is that its you behind the lens - you are the one seeing the pictures, and capturing them in your own way.

That being said, I use a Nikon D90, and one of a 11-16mm Tokina, 18-105mm Nikon or a 50mm Nikon

This is a point that's been nailed to death but:

The camera and lens doesn't (always) make a picture better - a good camera can offer more control and a better lens can help you take better pictures in low light/be sharper - but the reality is is that its you behind the lens - you are the one seeing the pictures, and capturing them in your own way.

That being said, I use a Nikon D90, and one of a 11-16mm Tokina, 18-105mm Nikon or a 50mm Nikon

thanks and sorry i just started photography

Anybody here have experience with tilt-shift lenses? I'm looking for one and would like an expert opinion/someone who's been able to work with them intimately. PM please.

1st pic is comletely overexposed, i can't really see 1/3rd of the car

2nd is ok

5th the composition isn't set to 'see' where the car is going but more focused on the sundown. if you had taken the photo so the rear end of the car would be on the far left side of the picture including the sundown itwould be a much more interesting picture

if your subject indicates a direction (like a car will most likely go forward if you take the picture from the front) then leave some room as to suggesting where it may go

Red X - On the 1st pic, I pruposely over exposed the top and added the red in a gradient.

2nd, yeah its a general photo, nothing really makes it pop. There is a whole set to this car shoot, but I rather not post up all of them

5th, the car wasnt actually moving, it was sitting still. My focus was more so on the sunset.

Thanks for the critique, I realize these photos arent the best, just ones I enjoy.

i do realize that in the last one that car isn't moving but it's the position of the car and the angle you chose to take a photo of it, that is suggesting movement while there is none. so being the viewer this draws my eyes to the right but there is nothing which makes the image a bit less appealing.

also if you had wanted to focus on the sunset why is it so overblown then?

you could have easily put the sundown purposefully towards the left border of the image and composed it so there is more room to where the car is pointing

well this is just food for thought and i don't mean this in a negative way

Red X - On the 1st pic, I pruposely over exposed the top and added the red in a gradient.

2nd, yeah its a general photo, nothing really makes it pop. There is a whole set to this car shoot, but I rather not post up all of them

5th, the car wasnt actually moving, it was sitting still. My focus was more so on the sunset.

Thanks for the critique, I realize these photos arent the best, just ones I enjoy.

Yo – you should really look at making your own car rig to do the moving shots. Info here (http://www.ob-photo.com/2008/08/Oliver-Bentley/helpful-article-everything-you-need-to-know-about-rigshots/)

As it is you're blowing highlights and making the cars look static, where they should be looking more dynamic and 'speedy.' I say this only because I've almost finished building my own right right now. ~$150 or so for all the components, it's pretty bomb.