On POTN, it seems like people are generally nicer and encouraging to people that are obviously a little newer to photography, while more critical with people who show experience....

With pics that are from amateur photogs comments are usually:

"Nice shots, keep at it"

While with higher quality work they tend to nit pick at all the details

This is so true ad then the amateur pro(cough)sumers want to sound like they know everything so they try to nitpick at the really good shots and say stuff thats completely random.

almost like if you had a kid wearing gap shiz trying to tell someone decked out in an awesome layered geller, owens, dior fit that he's wearing too many clothes or that his scarf should be worn as a headband on his forehead.

it gets annoying fast in other words.

FOOD!

otbqozrlu2tj5uv4j9z8.jpg

sff91j8zrgmdsc82phkp.jpg

efh7jj337ay80wou1ifc.jpg

ARE YOU HUNGRY?

criticisms greatly appreciated - first time I've had to shoot food and i was working with the lighting in the restaurant unfortunately - only one flash to work with - all 3 got printed in the SB Independent this week.

randommmmm stuff

DSC_0790.jpg

what does that badge mean? ive always wondered that.. this guy i went to highschool with had a fast as shit jetta with that german flag badge.

^what scanner did you use? i'm looking to buy a film scanner.

i actually just used an HP flatbed scanner. it makes decent scans.. nothing amazing.. and i think its the paper the lab i use uses but it makes all my black and white prints really sepia. im looking to buy a neg scanner too but there are some that are $100 and there are some that are like, $1000. so idk what to spend to get something that does good work.

yeah the german flag
Audi/VW is German.

....yes. i know audi/vw german. i wasnt sure if the german flag on it was representative of something special. like, the guy i went to highschool with - his jetta was modified. wasnt sure if it was like Dinan is to BMW, soemthing along those lines.

Is anyone interested in buying a Mamiya RB67 Pro-S?

yes.. get at me. price? i dont think i have the money now, but if it sticks around i'd rather have one of those than a new pair of jeans

Sorry I am very new to photography in general.

Is there a way to change the settings on my camera to get the Polaroid look?

I am too lazy to do it on the computer.

That's really something you'd have to do in Photoshop or other post processing program.