Yes of course. Its the only way to realize your total vision. I'm an old darkroom rat. No one can't print the image as well as the photographer himself. Its the completion of what he started.

Adams said it best.

"Exposing the film is like writing the score and processing and printing were performing it."

I approach photoshop as the digital darkroom. You have to have a good image to start with just like you need a good negative in the wet darkroom. The work in photoshop is like processing the film and printing the image. It finishes the vision that you started when you made the capture. And ONLY the photographer knows how that is suppose to look.

Yes of course. Its the only way to realize your total vision. I'm an old darkroom rat. No one can't print the image as well as the photographer himself. Its the completion of what he started.

Adams said it best.

"Exposing the film is like writing the score and processing and printing were performing it."

I approach photoshop as the digital darkroom. You have to have a good image to start with just like you need a good negative in the wet darkroom. The work in photoshop is like processing the film and printing the image. It finishes the vision that you started when you made the capture. And ONLY the photographer knows how that is suppose to look.

very well said.. ++

I just got the EF 28mm f/1.8 USM I ordered, seems great so far. reason I got the 28mm was that I felt a 50mm prime would be too much for a DSLR for everyday use. heres a couple of very random snaps (both at f/1.8 to test the bokeh):

random09.jpg

random10.jpg

lowrey, that looks pretty good. how much did you pay for it?? hope you got a good price..

got a good price on ebay, theres a bunch of UK sellers that ship from HK. paid €350 when the retail here is like €590 or something :P

mike lowrey: what kind of canon dslr are you using? i need that kind of lense. nice random shots btw.

350D (rebel xt?)

Woot, fixed the seals on my EM. When i took the lense off the seals around the mirror (im not sure what any of this is called) looked like new foam, weird the previous owner would fix those but not the other seals (which were just black gunk when i started)

I just got the EF 28mm f/1.8 USM I ordered, seems great so far. reason I got the 28mm was that I felt a 50mm prime would be too much for a DSLR for everyday use. heres a couple of very random snaps (both at f/1.8 to test the bokeh):

random09.jpg

random10.jpg

not to rain on your parade but the bokeh on that lens is terrible. digital cameras have barely any, ever, i find, which is disappointing i guess but only if you shoot digital.

(i shoot analog)