How old are you / How much do you earn in a year ?

englandmj7

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you go to school in NYC right? how do you get by on $500 a month? I was living in a third world country for most of my college and I had a platinum card, and $3000 a month was barely getting me by, I ate ramen once in awhile.

Top Ramen, probably.

you go to school in NYC right? how do you get by on $500 a month? I was living in a third world country for most of my college and I had a platinum card, and $3000 a month was barely getting me by, I ate ramen once in awhile.

i dunno really. i have a meal plan at my school so i don't really have to pay for food, and i live in the dorms :mad:

19; $7.50/hr... and I used to work 35-40 hrs per week, but I work at a gardening shop-and since the weather has been shitty for plants (meaning very few customers) I haven't been getting very many hours at all. I'm about to start school full time though, and take out a ridiculous amount of loans. I plan on kicking ass at school and getting a good job with a liberal arts major...

I'm about to start school full time though, and take out a ridiculous amount of loans. I plan on kicking ass at school and getting a good job with a liberal arts major...

you are so ridiculously corny, I'm happy for you and jeff. May your corn love blossom through the ages.

19; $7.50/hr... and I used to work 35-40 hrs per week, but I work at a gardening shop-and since the weather has been shitty for plants (meaning very few customers) I haven't been getting very many hours at all. I'm about to start school full time though, and take out a ridiculous amount of loans. I plan on kicking ass at school and getting a good job with a liberal arts major...

You're 19?!?!?!?!?!?

Now I think some of the neg rep you got was undeserved because many of us were like "This 32 year old broad should not be wearing conway/American Eagle"

And I hope you fuck a lot of guys other than Jeff in college.

I make around 60k as an entry level associate attorney, and then i sling shit on ebay. Bringing me to about $4500 cash money a month. With a mortgage, a car note and a sickness for watches I don't save a dime.

I am 28 and wish I made more.

I got homies clearing 120k, but then I got dudes who've been unemployed for over a year.

are you fucking kidding me ?

well i guess it is edmonton

who wants to live ther?

People who can capitalize letters and spell? Actually, probably not so much. But there is such a shortage for staff here and other places too, like Ft Mac and Red Deer that some fast food places were drive through only. There are perpetual help wanted signs all over the place and 7 Eleven offers a $1000 signing bonus.

what kinda law? i though that unless you're a public defendant, you start around 120?

Not in Socal. Socal has an abundance of lawyers and competition is really stiff. I do medical malpractice, and some civil litigation. I should see a pay increase soon, but I hate it so much that I am considering switching careers. The quality of life is piss poor, and even if I was making more, around 120k by 2010, I do not want to come in on weekends and cancel vacations. Senior Associate's wife works for Disney and was going to the opening of the 2nd Disney in Tokyo last month. 3 days before he was to go he was told to sit his ass there to depose some people.

Law is not glamorous, in fact get the fuck out if you aren't getting 165 or above or your LSATs.

Update.

I don't spam anymore, so that income is done.

Still working as an applications engineer/sales at this chemical engineering company though.

$22.50/hr + 3% commission.

That's $46,800/year + commission.

Still moving good shit all year round too, but I don't count that income.

Edit;

Lots of re-selling/freelance jobs over the year too, again don't count that.

People who can capitalize letters and spell? Actually, probably not so much. But there is such a shortage for staff here and other places too, like Ft Mac and Red Deer that some fast food places were drive through only. There are perpetual help wanted signs all over the place and 7 Eleven offers a $1000 signing bonus.

if you can handle the mind-numbing boredom, one can go up to northern alberta for about a year and haul down a good $200k with a high school diploma in a mine. . .crazy isolation pay. apparently most people become ridiculous alcoholics though, and blow through most of their money on drugs and whores.

What drives me nuts is that when I was 18, I had a job with CyberRebate.com (now seriously defunct) and I was being paid $37.50/hr at the end. We were getting time+time overtime bonuses, plus $500 bonuses for getting x and y done. Putting in a few 100 hour weeks and I was fucking rolling.

Nowadays, I'm clearing about $65-70k post taxes (since I have kids, my taxes are significantly lower), but in my defense, I am in school full-time. And I live in Madison, WI where nothing costs anything.