ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

I actually quite like the pocket bags - half lined feels quirky, and most repros are non lined anyway (sugarcanes fully lined obviously).

I've started living in mine recently, returning to studentville it's the right thing to do especially as I got them hemmed recently - already seeing some inky hues coming through...

Do eternal make their own denim?

sent my pair off to self edge for repairs...both pocket bags torn to shit, back pockets falling off, crotch torn apart, both hems coming apart, button holes torn, 5th pocket coming off...love the jeans but the construction is sub-par.

i hate to say this morse but i agree with you. while my pocket bags are all fine, my crotch has totally blown for the amount of wear i have put in. i'd have to say about 8 months or so of full wear? even some used skulls that i picked up ,which i used to wear, lasted longer. at this rate i dont know if they're gonna last 2 years. but i have to say this though, looking at those used pairs from around this forum, i love to own something with some nice vertical fading. :)

sent my pair off to self edge for repairs...both pocket bags torn to shit, back pockets falling off, crotch torn apart, both hems coming apart, button holes torn, 5th pocket coming off...love the jeans but the construction is sub-par.

Holy cow that's a lot of repair work! That's a bit much for just a year in. Has the standard 811 had any of these problems?

Isn't this what happens with cotton thread construction and a somewhat slim fitting pair of jeans? I've fixed the seams where I cuff and a couple of stiches in the crotch, all else is fine. With that said, haven't worn them that hard. Morse worked his ass off in his if I remember correctly.

I guess sometimes you just have to find it out by yourself ;)

But in this case those contests are really helpful. Before the Denime contest there wasn't much talk about Denime at all or their construction problems...now people know it. Same with Eternal, before this contest I havent heard about thread problems on Eternal

i keep putting it off but I might go to SELA today to drop off the eternals Its beyond home repair. Same issues as everyone else, The stiching is just exploding everwhere. One pocketbag is almost not attached anymore and I never use my front pockets. Thye are also not slim or tight in the general crotch area. Need repairs now bwcause my other pait of jeans had a massive crotch blow out as well ;)