ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

Did some photos for a band I'm playing in recently, and wore my 811's (which is all I'm wearing these days). I only have about 3 weeks of wear on them so far, but I'm taking quite a liking to them. I'm hoping they lose some more length with the next soak, cause they're still a little long.

(I cropped out the other dudes to save you from having to view our corny "band photos"... me alone is corny enough.) :)

Here's some pics:

811-2.jpg

811-1.jpg

811-3.jpg

If you're interested in hearing some music, you can find some somewhere on this page: http://secret-science.tumblr.com/

Directly: http://secret-science.tumblr.com/post/2827629363/secretscience-my-own-damn-tune-11-22-01192011

Loving all the updates on this thread! :)

sup guys...Eternals getting dirty with all the road sand, salt, messy from cooking, and fixing shit around the loft. got really greasy tonight trying to fix our pan drawer under the oven / range top...but i like me some dirty eternals...might need another wash asap.

you can see my hand sew pocket repair with some nice lemon yellow thread. I repaired my lost back pocket stitching with black thread before i realized I had yellow lying around. crotch repair is still holding strong.

5389589160_25a9159132_z.jpg

didn't realize my fucking combs are getting out of control. not a ton of fading yet, but they're getting there.

5388983433_e0377b44db_z.jpg

so I wore them the whole of yesterday and they are beginning to feel and hang much better. here are some post soak numbers :

post soak (semi-dry) -> post soak (stretch after one day) :

W 14.5 -> 15

FR 10.5 -> 10.5

BR 14.5 -> 14.75

T 11 -> 11.25

K 8.5 -> 8.5

H 8 -> 8

IS 33 -> 32.5

and some pics of course, after one day of wear

5389803743_dc6468a008.jpg

5389803761_2215a1d230.jpg

5389803763_81dd27494f.jpg

trying different ways of cuffing them, would hope to get at least another inch of shrinkage then it'll be perfect. otherwise I'm loving these!

second button hole threads are already unraveling, kinda disappointed...

Im having the exact same problem same button hole. It just seemed to explode like 2 days ago. and my Fit is far from tight in that area. I could easily have SDO. Its not so bad i guess. Will only take a few minutes to Reenforce it.

Im having the exact same problem same button hole. It just seemed to explode like 2 days ago. and my Fit is far from tight in that area. I could easily have SDO. Its not so bad i guess. Will only take a few minutes to Reenforce it.

My old 811s buttons eventually ripped through, I can tell my contest pair is a bit more reinforced though.

Wow, it's been a long time, life has been crazy, so here are my updates for the first three months. Sorry about the color balance in some of these, my camera was having some issues. These are a little tighter than I would have thought for SUO, but still loving my fit.

1 Month

dscn0048i.jpgdscn0051d.jpg

2 Months

dscn0054gw.jpgdscn0055j.jpg

3 Months

dscn0071dx.jpgdscn0072p.jpg

My old 811s buttons eventually ripped through, I can tell my contest pair is a bit more reinforced though.

i was walking around this weekend and realized that When I sit in the car, then get out, It seems like the magical angle for the fly to pop open and for me to walk around like a maniac with his pants unbuttoned.

Mine had bagged out like crazy from wearing long johns all the time so I gave them their third hot soak in my bath tub with a bit of agitation yesterday - hoping they'll be dry enough to try on today when I get home as there was still some dampness this morning. They seemed like they shrunk up a good bit, which would be preferred.

THE DOAD - AMAZING COMBS MAN!!!

I dont have a camera atm becouse i just moved to Uppsala in Sweden.

Is there anyone in this contest who lives in- or close to Uppsala - (Sweden)? just asking in case... would be great to get together have a beer and take some comparative pictures of the 811.

I got them resewn in the crotch area and hand sew the back intersection wich had busted, also hand sew the right pocket.

I Have not washed them yet but really should due to blood stains... but i aint feeling like it dunno why...

well who else is Swedish in the 811 contest? Anyone?

X post from what are your jeans doing today

so far my 811 have been to: Toronto, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Buffalo, New York...Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing is in the agenda...

so I got in to Frankfurt from Toronto yesterday

we're supposed to operate a flight to Cairo and bring Canadians out of the chaos but somehow the flight could not be finalized... so I ended up walking around the hotel in Mainz

first time in Germany, a very nice country... gotta love the cheap beer and the high meat content meals...

I bought so much stuff I ended up taking a cab back to the Hotel.. 0.33Euro beer is much better than my expecations..

web.jpg?ver=12966875410001

web.jpg?ver=12966875470001

web.jpg?ver=12966875690001

web.jpg?ver=12966875900001

web.jpg?ver=12966876140001

web.jpg?ver=12966876770001

web.jpg?ver=12966877080001