Warehouse 1001xx

Bijan

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Aho,

I posted a similar question on the 1000XX oxidation denim thread. Which models (other than the original Warren) use this fabric and how can you be sure if it's the oxidised 1000XX or not, especially when it's not stated in the retailers description?

Were all the old 14oz 1000XX models made from oxidised fabric? What about the current line-up? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm seeking a little clarity here and hopefully you're the right man!

I'm fairly certain that the 14.5oz 1000XX model from around 2012 didn't use oxidised denim.

^ The 1000XX model from 2011 did not use 1000XX denim did it? The description on BIG is:

''6x6 Special Weave (this model uses a special weave of #6 indigo warp threads and #6 ecru weft yarns which make it slightly heavier in weight and giving it a slightly darker Blue color than the lighter weight 7x6 weave of the regular 1000XX denim).''

Warehouse do not make themselves easy to follow but I think that's part of the attraction for many WH-heads! (Ware-heads?)

That's right SM, that's the one I referred to that's 14.5oz, I wasn't sure if it was from 2011 or 2012.

I don't believe the original 1000XX model used the oxidation fabric either, I think it started with the introduction of the Warren but am just confused as to how widely it was rolled out.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Does it really matter what denim a pair of Warehouse is made from?  You know whatever it is, they're going to look good.

And they're so similar to begin with, after they've been washed a few times, no one is going to be able to tell the difference between them anyways.  

Alright guys, this is actually a topic I've spent many hours researching and asking various sources on (Gordon, random Japanese fans, etc.) but I've actually taken setterman's stance  after not finding any satisfying answers and actually being told the difference is minor from these very same sources. The truth is, while there is distinction between the oxidation denim (酸化剤; sanka zai; what is often referred to as '1000XX' denim, 7x6) and what is currently being rolled out as the "strong twist yarn" for lack of better translation (å¼·æ’š / 強撚糸, 6x6), there've been a variety of differnet fabrics with minor differences that you'd need to reference the specific model to figure out which denim is used. And even then, the same model may have used a variety of fabrics so it's really difficult to track (lot 800 for example has used both). In my opinion, the difference is minor. For this reason, I haven't really dropped the "strong twist yarn" bomb because some retailers still sell the old stock while others sell the new and there often is very little distinction between the two and there's no real hardline date/year as to which was used when.

For what it's worth, all of the new "basic" pairs on WH's site (http://info.ware-house.co.jp/basic.html) are using the "strong twist" (å¼·æ’š)(6x6, 14.5oz, Memphis cotton) unless using the "banner denim" (7x7, 13.5oz, 3 cotton blend).

Sorry I don't have a clearer answer than that; if there are specific pairs you had in mind, let me know and I'll dissect!

In summary:

1000XX Oxidation Denim (酸化剤): 7x6, 14oz, Memphis cotton

Strong twist (強撚 / 強撚糸): 6x6, 14.5oz, Memphis cotton

Banner Denim: 7x7, 13.5oz, 3 cotton blend

...and don't get me started on the specialty denims like the 15th anniversary (of which there are two), Natural indigo mdoels, Duck Digger, etc. etc. hahaha

Edited by aho