MA-1 Jackets

Phrost3

I'm pretty much a sucker for most things Wtaps... digging their new MA-1 offering for AW14.  I suppose it's their branding that has got me hooked. 

wtaps_zps3003cc6b.jpg

i just got mine in yesterday, overall pretty happy with it

things i like:

- padding is nice and very warm for a slim profile ma-1

- design details and overall aesthetic is p.sick like i expected

- polyester and cotton material is pretty nice, but as FatCook said, not really techy stuff here

- sleeve length, body length, and overall fit is spot on

things that could be improved:

- i got mine in a small which fits my shoulders perfectly, but i feel the sleeves could have a bigger arm opening; my skinny ass arms fit really really snug with just a thin dress shirt underneath, with some restricted movement, so i feel a lot of people may have trouble with the sleeve fit unless they size up 1; also doesn't allow for much layering at all, but thankfully i wont need to since it's quite warm on its own

- wish the cotton ribbing was a bit thicker, especially for the neckline

- zippers are YKK but pretty light gauge, was hoping for a heavier gauge at this price point

some quick snaps of it worn (i'm 5'9" 135lbs)

MTWmTm9.jpg

some fit pics

UPDATE: after wearing it for 2 days and breaking it in a bit, the snugness from the elbow-to-wrist has definitely lessened a bit, and it's not ruining the jacket for me by any means, very happy to add this into my wardrobe : )

they were also awesome enough to reach out to me (via instagram dm lol) and offer an exchange on sizing based on the feedback posted here, but i opted not to since sizing up would make the overall fit too big for me

Edited by jebeebus

is just a hooded sweatshirt underneath no?

though all hoods are removable if you have a pair of scissors nearby..

well I translated some of the german and the materials of the hood were included in the description, which would be odd if it were a separate item.. so I assumed it was some ma1/hoody jkt bullshit, but ye, nothing some scissors can't fix..