official break up thread

dismalfuture

^she left a message on my phone just deleted that didn't read it

made her an xmas present me (and maybe two friends?) gonna burn it later... not for hate just for erasure

we were going to see the nutcracker (i've never seen it okay) but i saw it with my dad instead... lol, still wanted to see it didn't want to waste the ticket didn't really feel like asking one of the homies to go (though they probably would have i guess). it was pretty cool. saw it in sf.

edit: its probably for the best, i mean, it was always something with us, some drama. but yeah i mean, i still wish it had ended differently... or rather, i wish it had ended how i thought it had in the first place, and i didn't later learn what had really happened... or rather, i'm glad i learned what had happened, but i wish that it just hadn't.

whatever idk asdfasdfasdf

in 2-4 weeks you will have so much perspective about your life, yourself, and this girl you were with. it gets better bro. your relationship was probably poisonous, it probably made both you and her worse off as people, your friends probably have wanted this for months, etc. 3 billion chicks on this planet, many of whom will make you feel good about yourself without unnecessary bullshit.

fast track to happyland is by meeting, talking to and making out with new chicks. but i know that's not always easy at this stage.

heyheyhey please take care of yourself. i dont know anything about self harm, but i think you should go find your siblings, give them long hugs and do a little spilling. the longer you wait the harder it will be.

Edited by cameron-

what movie mellow?

had a breakup last summer. took it pretty hard at the beginning. taking this holiday surprisingly well though. the ex is in the back of my mind. better that it stays there i guess. but i am afraid that when i get caught off guard, it's going to explode. that is the worse feeling/emotion to hold in.

^ty

yeah i like his films, seen:

in the mood for love

just got the subtitles to recently work for fallen angels. i think i will watch that this weekend.

so far WKW movies has the perfect pace for me

it's never easy. for me, i keep thinking she could be that one, but i'm still young so i can't get too hung up on that. you too mellow! change your name to "youngfellow" lol (cheesy)

or we can all live internally pessimistic and follow this:

truth is for my bruthas out there.

YOU ONLY EVER LOVE ONCE.

THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS SPENT RECOVERING.

:( im in this situation right now

ultimately it is a choice we have to make alone. . .

//repped myself wtfff ha

Edited by gettoasty

broke up on Christmas day.. called her to end it, but she was in deinal... spent dinner with her and haven't talked to her since.. 6 yrs relationship that has gone stale.. not super happy, but not sad about it either..

spent the rest of the night with friends and met a nice kag with a british accent, too bad i'm only in hongkong for a few more days..

just broke up last night... shocked because it wasn't about me. We're both in college and she wants to leave the state for grad school and her reasoning was because she is too happy here (being/living with me) she's been getting sucked in and is afraid that she will never leave and accomplish her goals... could tell something was up this past week because she's kinda been avoiding me but never expected this. 2+ years down the drain, at least she said I could return her christmas presents.

tried giving the ex-wife a Christmas present, some gift cards to a couple places she could take the kids on her days with them, and a small planter the kids made for her (and I helped). Basically everything was "from" them, and for them to use together, seemed like a nice, non-threatining gift...just made sense, and she said she didn't want to accept it and acted like a complete cunt. I think she's realizing how badly she fucked up and is freaking out, and she typically manifests these emotions as anger so she won't feel so bad. I told her it was a shame she couldn't be a civil person, and that she doesn't understand the value to the kids in us remaining friends. As per usual, she's putting herself first. It's getting super hard to keep trying to be friendly and not just telling her to go fuck herself and cut her off. I still support her in a lot of ways just to be nice, not because I have to, and she continually acts like a bitch. It's weird seeing this side of her, or at least just finally understanding what literally EVERYONE that knew us had been trying to tell me for so long. She really isn't worth my time or energy, and if it wasn't for the kids I probably would have nothing to do with her...but that's not the case. Gonna keep trying and staying positive and nice, hopefully she'll figure it out one day.

i like that too

also

chemicals cause people to do irrational things ---->> look at meth addicts

sex addiction is a documented thing, love is > sex:strong chemicals at work

@okayokay

shame to hear about your wife she really needs to get over herself, i feel for your kids. at least makes you want to fill the deficit

update: she just moved the rest of her shit out, and took her shitty kitchen table with her. I get to get a new ballin ass table set. also getting rid of a shitty fish tank that I have... in it's place is coming a nice arm chair, lamp, and one of these...

http://www.etsy.com/...?ref=v1_other_2

i'm pumped.

edit: if anyone in northern california wants a fish tank and stand holla at me. free for whoever comes over to move it.

Edited by BearCousin

update: she just moved the rest of her shit out, and took her shitty kitchen table with her. I get to get a new ballin ass table set. also getting rid of a shitty fish tank that I have... in it's place is coming a nice arm chair, lamp, and one of these...

http://www.etsy.com/...?ref=v1_other_2

i'm pumped.

edit: if anyone in northern california wants a fish tank and stand holla at me. free for whoever comes over to move it.

I love how your all positive about the situation. I seriously wish I could do the same :(

it has always helped me (in any break up) to focus on all the irritating/annoying/bad shit that a past gf has done. yeah i'm still a little bummed about it.. probably more mad than sad about it, but you gotta keep on keepin on. get out there and meet new beezies, hard to think about your ex while you're plowin some babe.

Honestly the best was to get over it, is to think about all of the awesome things you get to do now without having to worry about someone else. Stay out late without having to answer calls/texts, spending money on yourself only, being able to go workout, or play guitar and not having to plan your day around what someone else wants to do.

This was more than enough to help me get over ex's. Just being free to do whatever makes yourself happy.

Finally got out of what was a crazy, manipulative relationship only to enter this "friend" zone where she thinks she can call me and make me feel like shit when in reality I'm just so tired of putting up with her walking over me. How to tell her that I don't really want to respond to her/ever talk to her without making it seem like I'm the weak one because I can't "get over it and be friends?"

do it dude. better to do it now than waste time and have that shit on your mind all the time. get it over with and go holler at some babes.

Unemployed and she's living in another state, we're basically apart but she still visits and vice versa. When I get a job and start networking thats when I need to start evaluating myself and what I need to do.

Edited by Fycus

Finally got out of what was a crazy, manipulative relationship only to enter this "friend" zone where she thinks she can call me and make me feel like shit when in reality I'm just so tired of putting up with her walking over me. How to tell her that I don't really want to respond to her/ever talk to her without making it seem like I'm the weak one because I can't "get over it and be friends?"

I just said this when I was in those situations:

"I am not interested in a friendship and any contact with you. take care, bye."

just be calm and serious when you say it.

and dude, if she sees you as the weak one (or if anyone else does that), just cut them off. worthless people who you don't need. your feelings are valuable.

lol my ex wanted to be "friends" and i basically told her no.. we've been nice to each other and what not, until today when she texts me:

"so you've been going to chelseas? thats cool. ill come get my stuff tomorrow while you're at work. didn't take long. ill leave my key on the microwave"

my response: "you broke up with me remember?"

her: "you don't have to worry about talking to me anymore"

this shit put me in a super good/mean mood... kinda wanna just keep texting her shit that will piss her off, prime example of why "friend zone" doesn't work. too much jealousy bull shit but im glad i don't have to talk to her anymore.. she was being overly nice to me lately and it was getting super irritating.

as much as i've wanted to, it's kinda hard because we've lived together for the past 1.5 years i've got shit of hers, she's got shit that is mine, discussing who keeps what, etc. both been kinda busy lately so she hasn't been able to come get the rest of her shit... but apparently tomorrow it will all be gone for good, finally time to pimp out my man cave and get some ladies up in here!