official break up thread

dismalfuture

wGkRUb_k-Mo

second best break up song after ghostface killah's back like that

Yo, Premo, I didn't know how to help you there. I think breaking up was the best solution there. My situation was a bit different. We didn't plan on sticking together after we parted. I think in a lot of cases, its best to just move on, and maybe leave things open for later. This is what we were planning.

I went on a few dates ( these were with great girls) from the day she was gone from the country and later that week I realized I didn't want anyone else.

I called her up in England literally coming back from another girl's apartment, told her I love you and I want to be with you still and I'm not done with you

and she was like Yes, Yes, Yes

and we had our highs and lows in the year that passed, but ultimately we were very decisive and knew what we wanted. The relationship has to be what you want to survive distance, you must never not want to do it, as soon as doubt creeps, it's hard to get over -- or even start.

And I'm not sure how old you are but both of us were 25 and pretty secure in our identities. People always grow, but there wasn't going to be any adolescent change in personality between us.

Against the advice of everybody (including myself), I decided to keep pursuing the "best friends" relationship with my ex. Shit was cool for a while, but I think I'm finally over it. Lately, I've gotten way too emotionally involved in our friendship. I've been way to desperate to hang out and way too depressed and angry whenever she's too busy to do stuff. It's just not worth it to invest that much energy into the remnants of a failed relationship. I'll probably still chill with her every once in a while, but I'm gonna stop actively trying to spend time with her. It's kind of a bummer, but that's how it's gotta be.

I have really refrained from posting in this threak just because of the 1% chance it could be read (by her). Youtube I can do tho.

they are nice trax mister clopek and conqueror.

r7bXWsrs_B4

dscY3MW0uVM

XUNTeYjQHt4

these are the saddest songs breakup songs I know. second one esp.

fl3Kc.png

I got this from my friend on the weekend and thought it appropriate. glum times.

right, a sort of playlist not necessarily for so much as a result of such occasions.

wmjNdk9B270

XlYJPLGLbDc

xoH5MPIgM7c

O3uQi2A3CGw

IYVgFNJeKtE

FIvBrwc8l44

Fv9oLv2oEqg

xKzcDTXjCPg

1Cj_yrCDDtA

tSb6EcMIikU

FNnRbxcYu8I

uvZiQnXVvcU

hsy-Z6AOhS4

or, failing that, just lock yourself in with basinski's disintegration loops on repeat basically forever.

i hate that i'm talking to my ex but i don't know why

just every time she pulls me back into her world and it hurts and she doesn't mean to but whatever

srsly stop telling me about your life i just don't care anymore

but you do care

JUDbSL-5GHQ

im into this

ex wants to be in my life as friends. fuck that. can't tell if i'm cutting her off to help me or to try and hurt her. gonna try and dance 4 days out of the next week... nothing does wonders for my confidence like practice.

I don't even get being friends with ex's. Life isn't a sitcom, and it's nearly impossible going from a serious long-term relationship back to an ACTUAL friendship.

Although you've been there for each other for so long, there is no possible way this person can be a better friend to you than the friends you already have. The best part is, you weren't fucking your other friends, and there's was no emotional attachment there. Why have a friend that could keep you feeling down and shit?

I guess the exception is if you all met in a mutual group of friends. In this case, it's best to try and be civil with each other at the very least. Thankfully that has never been an issue for me.

I don't even get being friends with ex's. Life isn't a sitcom, and it's nearly impossible going from a serious long-term relationship back to an ACTUAL friendship.

Although you've been there for each other for so long, there is no possible way this person can be a better friend to you than the friends you already have. The best part is, you weren't fucking your other friends, and there's was no emotional attachment there. Why have a friend that could keep you feeling down and shit?

I guess the exception is if you all met in a mutual group of friends. In this case, it's best to try and be civil with each other at the very least. Thankfully that has never been an issue for me.

dating within the friend group. oh goodness, trouble trouble

I think maybe some people take casual dating a bit too serious. Unless you're about to marry someone or whatever, chill and enjoy dating. If she's in the friend circle whatever, stop making a big deal out of it. It might feel weird for a bit, but swallow those feelings and just smile. People swear that dating someone for a few months carries all these implications and complications. Maybe I'm wrong, but something tells me all this emotionallness over "dating" is a relatively new phenomenon.

and yes, I have the background to make this statement.

that's probably wise just to keep drama low, but if there's someone you feel I'd say to go for it, even if they're mutual friends or whatever. Not saying at all that people shouldn't feel hurt or sad when things don't work, that's totally natural, I think it's just kinda over the top sometimes. What movie is it where someone says you should get one week of mourning for every 6 months together or something? Seems accurate. And there's a bunch of talk lately about ex's fucking friends and dating friends and whatever...maybe I just don't get it, but I kinda feel once someone is an ex it's not necessarily your concern who or what she/he's doing. I think I look at this totally different from a lot of people, but if I truly cared about someone and it didn't work out, I'd actually want them to be with a friend. It's someone I know and someone I trust to take care of them, rather than some random off the street. I think obviously people should be tactful and respectful, like not be all over eachother when they're around their former gf/bf, but kinda the same as earlier...too big of a deal is usually made of that stuff. I was having coffee with my Mom a while ago and was telling her about these "dating rules", and she was baffled. She said her first boyfriend was her older sister's ex, and neither of them ever thought of it as being weird or something to cry about. I think as long as you're respectful and just let the previous bf/gf know when the time is appropriate then it really shouldn't be a big deal. Imo though. I know a lot of other people feel differently.

OkayOkay

agree with the sentiment

disclaimer 1: that said, if I broke up with my fiance shit would be devastating and we effectively share entirely the same group of friends. I don't know what I'd do in that situation - probably entertain wild travel dreams and move to northern india to climb full time or something. we have been together six and a half years so somewhat justified...

disclaimer 2: slight hypocrite - once threw punches at a friend for fucking an ex-gf a few days after we broke up (/potentially prior to break-up). though I was in high school and a dickhead, and tbh he is/was a slimeball.