motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

By one that doesn't work and fix it.

Thought about it, I rather not go through the trouble because I haven't worked on bikes at all and money is an issue right now. I'm trying to find a fun bike to travel between my home and college which is 120 miles of cornfields... and I'm done taking the shitty busses

Chicagoland area, just waiting for spring/summer to come around. I'm just searching for a classic bike right now, and I'm more of a fan for older bikes instead of all these people recommending ninja's or a Harley. I wouldn't mind fixing up a bike cause I know a bit about cars so I'm not too mechanically impaired but then being a poor college student sucks lol

Haha yeah, I'm going to have to stick with bus or throwing in gas money with friends during winter which I don't mind but you can't waste good riding weather during the rest of the year. I'm probably going to end up with an older japanese bike, but which one? I dunno yet.

@JackCrank: Yep I'm trying to stick around 750 or above.. but not 1000's

Haha I'm living on campus, I am not that far from my actual home town though. But when I do go visit for weekends I usually have like 1 backpack of necessities. I think if I ever get a z1 that will definitely be a project bike.

Uuuunnnngggghhhh.....

Mad-Max-Kawasaki-KZ1000-1-300x270.jpg

052810bottom.jpg

eddie_poster1.jpg

want...

The handle bars by the rear wheel are going on - gauges are coming off. Hand painting the tank and making a solo seat for it are next, getting rid of the backrest and side mounts. I've got an old chrome wassell style fender and lowered rear shocks to put on. Side mount the license plate and get a different tail light set up. As time and money permits it'll come around but it's pretty awkward right now.

Nice project you have going on there Goat

And to you, Jack, yeah the 2nd picture you posted is basically my dream bike right now. But I know it won't happen anytime soon. I'm on the hunt for something similar right now because I don't have a car anymore.

Yeah, I think that's a lotta people's dream bike. And it can be yours for ONLY THE LOW PRICE of about $40,000USD!

http://www.ac-sanctuary.co.jp/

Nah sorry, I don't mess with old Harley. I have a lot of friends who love em but I'm not much for knowledge on that kinda stuff other than very, very basic shit.

I'd go with a shovel over a pan though, seems like pan's require even more work, money, and knowledge of obscure outdated knowledge. That being said I think pans are way cooler lookin.

Ed, you can't spot an obvious Evo Sportster yet you want an old Pan or Shovel so you can ruin it like you did that Yamaha.

You could probably find what you're looking for in Japan. Leave the old Harleys that are in America here. There are plenty of Japanese dudes importing them so hook up with one of them.

If you want it bad enough you'll do the leg work rather than have someone here do it for you.