motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

Ed, you can't spot an obvious Evo Sportster yet you want an old Pan or Shovel so you can ruin it like you did that Yamaha.

You could probably find what you're looking for in Japan. Leave the old Harleys that are in America here. There are plenty of Japanese dudes importing them so hook up with one of them.

If you want it bad enough you'll do the leg work rather than have someone here do it for you.

Seriously. Major +1. Also, here's to Goat for doing his own work.

Goat, check out this dude,http://www.boneshakerchoppers.co.uk/

Pretty much everyone of his builds is based on a sportster. He puts a lot of

progress pictures up on his blog so you could get some ideas from there.

There may be a dude in Japan that does sportster builds as well but they might be more bratstyle than what you're looking for.

Dude, with those over stock glide forks you need to put a tall sissy bar on there with a matching king and queen seat and some serious pullback bars.

Those attack bars look better on bikes with an aggressive look going on, not a chilled out one.

I agree with you on this - but how the bike is going to take form is more of a function of what I have on hand at the time and what I can do myself without having the bike up for too long. Right now I'm throwing the wide glide front end on and stripping all the un-necessaries off.

Ideally I'll get the bike more like the classic 60's/70's look, tall sissy bar and all. These bikes help sum it up for the most part:

orig-12262291.jpg

b.jpg

It'll come around, just have to take the time to collect and fab up the right parts.

The bike itself is an '86 xlh1100, first year evo sporty.

Your buddy is smarter than I am. I really wish that I had just hard tailed my softail frame so then i'd have a '94 rather than an un-insurable special construction bike with no value.

I like that triumph in the background too. Is that a shop in Brooklyn?

Metal flake tanks are too bad, so long as you don't go crazy. I think I might have my father in law paint a tank for me. I'm thinking white pearl with some crazy feathers going on.

I like the scrambler look on that bimmer better than the dime a dozen cafes I've seen recently. If I could get my paws on a reasonably priced 75/7 I'd be fucking amped.

Also, that shop is in Jerz. 47 Fab is the name I think...

Looking at a 77 XS750D right now and having dreams of triples...

Normally I don't like ironheads but that one is just right. Even if you can't go more than 40 miles on that tank.

I like that he left the Indian script on there when it clearly isn't an Indian, right Ed?

The 60s ironhead engine looks nicer than the 70-80s because of the rocker covers. The symetrical ones are more appealing than the nonsymetrical ones.

ok can someone be a middle man for me? im buying this panhead from a guy in LA

Have him send it here:

Kiya Babzani

C/O Self Edge

714 Valencia St

San Francisco, CA 94110

I'll test it out and ride it this summer for you, i'll send you photographs, and once fall comes around i'll garage it during the winter.

Yeah yeah. I can definitely feel that vibe, it's nice to see something a little unusual. I like the no clip ons choice there though the no fenders thing makes it seem kind of impractical... then again, so do those tires. Either way, came out nice.

That Harlindian is alright, funny. I could see some gnarly old frisco guy rocking that shit but I like to keep my dick cheesefree so I'd pass on it cause A) I'm not from SF and B) I'm not a hardgnar old school crank running one percenter.

It's called posing and it happens.

I wouldn't really call that Harley a poser bike - it's done very tastefully for the style. Solid lines, great stance and no frills. I think using the Indian tank is rad, not only because it has a unique shape, but it's a funny way to throw people off who aren't really paying attention.

None of the club members I know ride bikes anywhere near the stripped down/hardtailed Frisco look - most of the patched 1% dudes in the Bay Area ride ridiculous baggers.

I wouldn't really call that Harley a poser bike - it's done very tastefully for the style. Solid lines, great stance and no frills. I think using the Indian tank is rad, not only because it has a unique shape, but it's a funny way to throw people off who aren't really paying attention.

None of the club members I know ride bikes anywhere near the stripped down/hardtailed Frisco look - most of the patched 1% dudes in the Bay Area ride ridiculous baggers.

It'd only be a poser bike if a dude like me was riding it. Then I'd be posing. Not hating on the bike, It's pretty rad actually. Just not something I'd know enough about to build, maintain, or chat proper shop.

Got invited to visit the Falcon Motorcycles workshop today.

I will take photos if i can, but probably won't be able to.

Getting ready to lust after bikes i will never be able to afford.

Got invited to visit the Falcon Motorcycles workshop today.

I will take photos if i can, but probably won't be able to.

Getting ready to lust after bikes i will never be able to afford.

Gorgeous shit, unreal crafsmanship but just a hair precious for my taste. I'd love to get a gander at their setup though.