motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

I've been considering selling my 73 T140v for a slightly smaller framed japanese bike, something I could chop up and not feel bad about, I'm also kind of a smaller dude so I think I'd be a little more comfortable on something smaller . Any idea of what I could let her go for/some suggestions for 60's/70's bikes that fit the criteria I'm looking for? Mid-70's Honda?

http://motorcycle.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?itm=&fil=

Here's a CL/ebay aggregator that'll give you a decent idea of general prices over a wide geographic area. See your trump to Ed for your kid's college tuition. He'll pay it.

That thing is fucking sick kurt. Do it up that way man.

Anyways, here's some horrible, blurry, fucked up cameraphone shots of my bike as of last night.

This was my wiring/ignition system before I spent like 8 hours gutting it.

5630913577_d33f4c8aa3_z.jpg

Then I got these fellas

5630913133_3c405fef4a_z.jpg

Now it looks sorta like this but isn't done or cleaned up yet.

5631495540_4e3b7b3f83_z.jpg

And the rest of the bike looks kinda like this

5630911345_2a1faa59b0_z.jpg

5630911903_4340473502_z.jpg

5630914225_4857a014a1_z.jpg

5630910965_5e47fca206_z.jpg

Yes, I know that my primary case is open. Thanks.

Yeah I'm on TR under the same name as here. Britbike is good too.

6th street is probably fucking tired of dealing with me at this point. I'm in there just about every goddamn day. Hugh is a legend, Fumi is a genius and everyone in and out of that shop are good goddamn people.

Yup, got my coil and reg/rec from britcycle. Great dudes, super service. Not sure who told you that 6th st was an "elitist shop" but from my personal experience, Hugh is nothing but patient, friendly, and highly knowledgeable. Especially if you're willing to listen to what he has to say. If you plan on telling him this, that, and the other thing about british bikes though, be prepared to get some eyerolls. The dude knows his shit.

About to finish "restoring" my CB750F, it should be done next week or the week after.

Pulled the carbs and cleaned them all up. New float bowl gaskets and intake boots too. Clutch and Throttle cables are all brand new as well. Has anybody had any experience with taking out the push throttle cable and just running a pull? I just sync'd them as well and they're now perfect. I've never had a set of carbs so in tune on all cylinders.

I am rebuilding the front brake master cylinder and replacing the stock lines with stainless steel lines from HEL. The pads are being replaced all around as well. New tires are due as well but I'm undecided on whether I want Bridgestone BT45V or Bridgestone Spitfire 11s. The BT45v are stickier but don't last nearly half as long as the Spitfires do. Both are dual-compound tires. I already tried Kenda and Avon and don't like either of them. Metzlers are so-so but not sticky enough for aggressive riding.

Replaced all 4 sparkplugs too and ~125psi on all 4 cylinders even when doing a wet compression test. I think I'm due for a valve adjustment but I don't have any shims. Started her up and she idles perfectly at 1000rpm.

Photos when I'm done...

5630911345_2a1faa59b0_z.jpg

Basically this but all in one piece and running but minus anything superfluous.

-All electronics will be hidden or placed in as inocuous a place as possible. Currently trying to figure out bolting them to the bottom of the seat pan where the current coil plate and battery holder go, then ditching both the plate and holder.

- The battery is getting swapped for a tiny little LiFePo4 number that's about the size of a pack of smokes so that I can hide that as well.

- Finish up the wiring and rewrap the new harness I made

- Tach and speedo cables are nixed

- New forks that aren't rusted at the seals with progressive springs

- Outerwears filter for the carb and losing the airbox

Basically I'm realizing that I'm almost going chopper/bobber except without all the chopping and bobbing. Just the whole lightening and stripping part. No gauges, no signals (for now), as few wires as physically possible, no paint, blah blah blah. In the future I'm going to upgrade the rear shocks to hagons, bore out the top end and possibly upgrade cams/springs/rods/etc, new mufflers for a little better boost. Basically, I want her running with as little in the way as possible.

Sounds like the stickier tires would be more up your alley. How many sets of shoes do you go through a year. If it's already multiple, then maybe the tougher numbers are a better choice. Where you riding?

About to finish "restoring" my CB750F, it should be done next week or the week after.

Pulled the carbs and cleaned them all up. New float bowl gaskets and intake boots too. Clutch and Throttle cables are all brand new as well. Has anybody had any experience with taking out the push throttle cable and just running a pull? I just sync'd them as well and they're now perfect. I've never had a set of carbs so in tune on all cylinders.

I am rebuilding the front brake master cylinder and replacing the stock lines with stainless steel lines from HEL. The pads are being replaced all around as well. New tires are due as well but I'm undecided on whether I want Bridgestone BT45V or Bridgestone Spitfire 11s. The BT45v are stickier but don't last nearly half as long as the Spitfires do. Both are dual-compound tires. I already tried Kenda and Avon and don't like either of them. Metzlers are so-so but not sticky enough for aggressive riding.

Replaced all 4 sparkplugs too and ~125psi on all 4 cylinders even when doing a wet compression test. I think I'm due for a valve adjustment but I don't have any shims. Started her up and she idles perfectly at 1000rpm.

Photos when I'm done...

i need your talent evilcrayon!

This will be my next bike...

images.jpg

I still have 2 other bikes to work on and a scooter that needs my attention as well. My XL350 needs new tires, clutch line, and brake shoes. Exteeng's CL125 needs some electrical work so I'm going to teach her how to solder.

and I need to replace the pads and rotors on her car as well. Seems like all I'm doing is waiting on parts lately...

here are photos for inspiration...

pic22ax.jpg

dsc04382s.jpg

Sounds like the stickier tires would be more up your alley. How many sets of shoes do you go through a year. If it's already multiple, then maybe the tougher numbers are a better choice. Where you riding?

Well I change shoes every day... and I DO have multiple bikes as well but this bike will probably be used for commuting around the bay area. After careful consideration, I've decided my CB750F isn't quite reliable enough to track. I feel like I'd "accidentally" over rev and the 750 conrods just aren't up to snuff. Also, I'm seriously considering doing some roadtrips on the 750.

I'll probably get Spitfire 11s...

also, new brake lines!

dsc0922l.jpg

Well I change shoes every day... and I DO have multiple bikes as well but this bike will probably be used for commuting around the bay area. After careful consideration, I've decided my CB750F isn't quite reliable enough to track. I feel like I'd "accidentally" over rev and the 750 conrods just aren't up to snuff. Also, I'm seriously considering doing some roadtrips on the 750.

I'll probably get Spitfire 11s...

also, new brake lines!

dsc0922l.jpg

Ha, new tires every day? You the Jay-Z of the moto world? Fancy fancy man.

Look into a GS750 or maybe an 86-87 VFR instead of a CB. Heard great things about both. Also, nice damn brake line man.

TriMan, love it, what's that like a 68? Also, that a GB500? I know two girls in brooklyn with those and I fucking love em.

Ha, new tires every day? You the Jay-Z of the moto world? Fancy fancy man.

Look into a GS750 or maybe an 86-87 VFR instead of a CB. Heard great things about both. Also, nice damn brake line man.

TriMan, love it, what's that like a 68? Also, that a GB500? I know two girls in brooklyn with those and I fucking love em.

The CB750F is one of those dream bikes I had as a kid and eventually, I want to take it cross country.

If I had more experience working on a V4 engine, I would get a VFR800 in a heartbeat but until then, I only 100% trust myself to be able to fix a inline-4 when the shit hits the fan. pacific coast highway concept -___-

Props on electrical work though. I've electrocuted myself one too many times and now I'm just afraid...

ever see a bike catch fire as soon as you start it up? :(