motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

TriMan, love it, what's that like a 68? Also, that a GB500? I know two girls in brooklyn with those and I fucking love em.

Mine's a '69. It was just picked up this Sunday by a mechanic. I just got tired of working on the bike myself, and now just want to ride the damn thing, as it's my first and only bike...

The Honda is a late 70's CB model that had gone on ebay 'bout a year ago. Sold for around 7k...

Triumph.man , that sporty has a set of vance and hines short shots and a set of drag bars with shorty risers. Really easy mods. You might need to buy shorter clutch, brake, and throttle cables but that's easy too.

The rest of the bike appears to be stock.

Yea, I know...it's just done so perfectly...

Mine's a '69. It was just picked up this Sunday by a mechanic. I just got tired of working on the bike myself, and now just want to ride the damn thing, as it's my first and only bike...

The Honda is a late 70's CB model that had gone on ebay 'bout a year ago. Sold for around 7k...

Nice, buddy who helped me with the finishing touches on the wiring has a pristine 68 that he rolled in on this weekend. Love those just pre OIFs. Seriously man, I wish i had the cash to get hugh to put this thing back together at this point. Being stuck bikeless sunday was torture.

After a return to my ancestral home (New Jersey) for Easter and sitting on my currently non-operational '73 CL 450, I am entertaining the thought of picking up a TW200 to get from place to place when I visit the old hood this summer.

Buying a beater GS500 to have something to ride while fixing the CL last year was a great move. If only it hadn't been totalled on its second day out.

Weather is getting too nice to mope instead of ride.

what are Hugh's rates if you don't mind asking?

my mech rates is 40/hr, and is vouched by many in the area...

nonetheless, I can't wait!

To be honest, no idea per hour but I wouldn't trust another person to do real work on my bike man. Hugh has been nothing but 100% of a help on this bike and has gotten me all of my parts cheap as fuck and next day in. Even if he's 100/hr it's worth it to me to repay all the informal Q&A session time.

And dude, I fucking hear that. I can't wait to get back on the bike.

After a return to my ancestral home (New Jersey) for Easter and sitting on my currently non-operational '73 CL 450, I am entertaining the thought of picking up a TW200 to get from place to place when I visit the old hood this summer.

Buying a beater GS500 to have something to ride while fixing the CL last year was a great move. If only it hadn't been totalled on its second day out.

Love the TW200, love the GS5. CL's are aight but i'm not much of a CL guy. Sounds like we all need some pavement time cept our lucky buddy in mexico.

I just picked up a TW200 and its great for around town stuff, not sure if I'd like it for long highway jaunts though mines a bit out of tune and there might be some more mph/mpg in it. Street tires make it entirely tolerable to ride at 65mph.

5673775089_df5ded63cf_z.jpg

I came across this link and thought it'd fit here. It's a short film about some dude riding a Triumph (exact model anyone ?) and breaking down. Soundtrack is by The Jesus and Mary Chain.

http://vimeo.com/19968890

The bike's a Triumph Trailblazer (250cc thumper). They were a bit of an attempt at an early dual-sport/enduro bike. Think Honda SL250.

Nice little film, thanks for sharing!

I just picked up a TW200 and its great for around town stuff, not sure if I'd like it for long highway jaunts though mines a bit out of tune and there might be some more mph/mpg in it. Street tires make it entirely tolerable to ride at 65mph.

5673775089_df5ded63cf_z.jpg

Are you on Something Awful? You goon you.

How do you like the seat? I'm thinking about reshaping my XL350's seat and getting her reupholstered into something like that.

Are you on Something Awful? You goon you.

How do you like the seat? I'm thinking about reshaping my XL350's seat and getting her reupholstered into something like that.

>_> Maybeeee, takes one to know one!

I can only compare it to my XS750 and Zuma and I think its more comfortable and better looking than both.

got a 05 sportster this week. ended up getting a newer one than I was originally looking at as the price was pretty good and it was in top shape. already stripped a good part of it, I'm starting with a new rear fender (short and stout), solo seat, possibly a new tank, low risers/handlebar, some exhaust mods, etc. followed by lowering (will keep the softail for now)

deciding if I should get another supermoto or pick up a ninja 250.

Sumo for life mang, shits so fun/cheap to crash/different.

Sumo for life mang, shits so fun/cheap to crash/different.

for sure, freeway riding can be sketchy as shit but going up/down stairs

makes it worth it. still disappointed Suzuki hasn't made another drz400sm.

http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/2367694684.html

would this cb125 or something similar be a good idea as a first bike?

just looking for something to cruise on and to learn some basic mech skills

I'd personally get something that ran from the get-go, but thats just my two cents.

Otherwise, if they're titled and you don't mind slamming your head against a wall and staring at microfiche trying to figure out why they won't run, then they're not a bad idea for first bikes.

... though you may be disappointed (and terrified) if your definition of cruising includes any highway riding.

I'd agree with that advice. a dual sport is fun as a beginner bike so you get used to riding and if drop it you don't really have to worry about the plastics cracking. if you haven't taken the safety class, I'd take it.