motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

New tires, new grips. maybe clubman bars if I get bored of the normal bars. I'm going to try and just clean up the engine as much as I can. Other than that, just the normal stuff like new cables and bleeding the brake. I may try to find another exhaust.

Before I sold this bike to the person selling it back to me, I had installed an electronic ignition and sparkplugs. She didn't ride it very much and kept it in an enclosed garage. I miss that corbin seat though.

work in progress...

5704979828_d931bf7304_o.jpg

so far I've rewired ignition module to pave way for the seat, stripped a few bits and pieces including fenders, superlow risers, chopped rear struts.. today I installed a burly slammer kit (love it!), still need to put in (and wire) new lighting, mount the solo seat and customized rear fender plus relocate the speedo to the side. hopefully will have it driveable in a day or two. then a shorter handle bar and new tank in the near future..

New tires, new grips. maybe clubman bars if I get bored of the normal bars. I'm going to try and just clean up the engine as much as I can. Other than that, just the normal stuff like new cables and bleeding the brake. I may try to find another exhaust.

Before I sold this bike to the person selling it back to me, I had installed an electronic ignition and sparkplugs. She didn't ride it very much and kept it in an enclosed garage. I miss that corbin seat though.

yeah buddy! started taking my 550 apart while i ride a cb650.

where are you getting cables? i need new ones too.

^Motion Pro.

Man I just picked her up and she's going to need some work... She runs great, needs a valve adjustment and definitely new cables. The current ones are solid and some of it frayed after some action in the twisties.

Plus side, it's amazing to ride and the suspension is really stable on the freeway.

finally pieced together enough to go out for a spin. the burly suspension feels great, very firm but far from being uncomfortable. the bike is still far from finished, had some problem with mounting the rear fender so I will have to rethink it, same for the seat which is just "thrown on" now.

Wiring etc took a bit of time, at some point I managed to have both rear turn signals blinking simultaneously and the side mount speedo caused some head scratching, but all functioning now. I ended up tucking the rear light under the seat, which I think works nicely. the law here requires for it to be in center line, otherwise I would've mounted it on the license plate bracket which I made. it came out a bit long, but again the legislation here is pretty strict and the plate needs to be viewable at certain angles. I'll probably bring it forwards a few cm's.

5724050836_9e7b6263f2_o.jpg

5723495239_701ec1db23_o.jpg

next up, mounting the fender and seat properly, possibly switching the tank to an older Sportster style in either matt black or raw steel with a tinted clearcoat. new mirror and a headlight are on its way.

thanks guys

I'd keep the tank as it looks perfect. Too often, I see tanks that look like they were just slapped on last minute. For example, Ed's bike.

Are you going to run a front fender as well?

Either way, that bike looks awesome!

you might be right.. I'll swing by a shop to see a tank they had in stock, and compare it a bit.

not planning on having a front fender, I have the stock one if I ever need it for some reason.

Man, I really hate when people just over torque bolts. I was doing a valve adjustment today and I have absolutely no idea how the previous owner got these valve caps so ungodly tight.

boltso.jpg

These 3 were the worst of them. I tried an impact driver, hammer, blowtorch, PB blaster, vicegrips, etc. I finally took off so much material on the right valve cap that I hammered on a 16mm socket and used a breaker bar to get it off.

Surprisingly, none of the threads look even closed to strip. The rest of the valve adjustment was pretty smooth until I was trying to make sure that cylinder #1 was at TDC. I was using a plastic rod to touch the top of the piston through the sparkplug hole when part of the rod snapped off inside. There's almost no way to get it out using any sort of tweezer or extended claw.

So I'm just hoping it vaporizes or shoots out the exhaust...

I'm really looking forward to moving to a 2 car garage next year..

shopio.jpg

I had a couple of people ask me what was done to the bike so heres the list:

- lowered with a Burly slammer kit

- stock fenders removed (new rear fender to be added)

- seat switched to a solo (to be mounted better)

- Ignition control module relocated in order to fit a solo seat

- 1" Shorty risers (slightly shorter bar to come)

- speedo relocated to the side with Joker Machine mount

- horizontal rear struts cut shorter

- small led turn signals mounted on the rear struts

- custom license plate bracket with light

- led tail light mounted under the seat

lowrey do you need that much gas on yer bike? change the tank to a smaller one i suggest and narrower you will thank me when you go thru traffic and change the bars to mini apes if youll do city ride most of the time will give you clearance off the side mirrors of cars.

nice dyna rear wheel there!

why dont you just slam on a cafe rear ? and retain the handle bars ?

probably one of the odd ones here but finally got another motard. '10 Yamaha wr250x.

Killer bikes. I've been jonesing after my garage mate's Husky 510. I really want an old XT500 with the motard treatment though...

lowrey do you need that much gas on yer bike? change the tank to a smaller one i suggest and narrower you will thank me when you go thru traffic and change the bars to mini apes if youll do city ride most of the time will give you clearance off the side mirrors of cars.

nice dyna rear wheel there!

why dont you just slam on a cafe rear ? and retain the handle bars ?

This was the dumbest thing I've ever read in my entire life.

I want everyone to read this again. Just go ahead. And realize, that Ed just told you to switch to a thinner tank, because it will make lane splitting (which is what I'm assuming he meant by "go[ing] thru traffic") easier.

Go buy more $900 brando wannabe boots fool.

Anyways, my friend, out of the kindness of her heart, offered to do a full reupholstering and reshaping of my seat. Happy to say she did an amazing job.

5726121693_ff35146295_z.jpg

5726678264_8cff5b3d40_z.jpg

5726678022_2ed052f3a5_z.jpg

Fucker's still giving me trouble with the primary though.

Ed, that isn't a dyna rear wheel, its a stock sportster wheel as it came on this bike. Stop spouting off unless you really know what you're talking about.

I've never been a big fan of spring seats on bikes without a drop frame like old Harley or rigid frames like mine. I like the small seats that TT&CO make for the sportster.

I see your point, its a bit useless on a soft tail, though mine is not actually spring mounted right now. I like the look however, so need to figure something out... I might switch to a slightly less curved seat, but I'll stick with the solo shape though.

Ed, how many times do you have to get verbally slapped in the face before you realize you're just a joke in this thread? Nobody here considers you a motorcyclist.

You're exactly like that guy who tells everybody he has a classic Ducati 750SS and has all the matching Ducati helmets and jackets. Then you go to his house and see the Ducati in his living room, covered in dust, chicken scraps 2 inches wide, and in desperate need of maintenance.

Ed, that isn't a dyna rear wheel, its a stock sportster wheel as it came on this bike. Stop spouting off unless you really know what you're talking about.

I've never been a big fan of spring seats on bikes without a drop frame like old Harley or rigid frames like mine. I like the small seats that TT&CO make for the sportster.

Agreed, unless you're hardtailing it, the mini bobber style seats look a little out of place all lost between frame rails.