motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

When I had my R6, going 120mph down a two lane road through Hawaiian pineapple fields.

The first ride on the bike I built through my neighborhood. That was pure satisfaction.

When I finally got my bike running well and just hauling ass on the freeway with no idea how fast I'm going.

Or when I hit a bump and my seat throws me in the air like my butts on a trampoline cause of the rigid rear.

found a guy selling a bunch of bikes close to where I live.

http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/2395374806.html

was looking into getting a cb 125 but a friend said they are so underpowered I would get bored in a week. he suggested a 400 at least

you guys have any suggestions? im just looking for a first bike to learn on and possibly make into a cafe project later on

found a guy selling a bunch of bikes close to where I live.

http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/2395374806.html

was looking into getting a cb 125 but a friend said they are so underpowered I would get bored in a week. he suggested a 400 at least

you guys have any suggestions? im just looking for a first bike to learn on and possibly make into a cafe project later on

It might be a bit much for a first/beginning bike, but the RD350 is a classic. And an absolute bullet. Pretty cafe already, but so much fun and so fast.

1988 Honda Hawk NT650

nt650.jpg

Just picked this up for $1000. Put in a new battery, new sparkplugs, fresh gas but she won't start up. One of the carburetor diaphragms has a tear in it as well :( $100 for a new one. Checking the fuel pump tomorrow.

Came with the stock front wheel, track fairing (no headlights or signals), stock seat, and rear stand. The tires are brand new and you can see a visible seam on the center of the rear

Just found my new track bike :)

what should i look for when buying a used CB750F?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/mcy/2405849992.html

thinking of this, price wise is it good?

I had a ruckus for a few months, but want to move up

go for it (10)

check out sohc4.net , sign up for their forum, read every sticky and FAQ on that site. If you're down for a ready built cafe racer, that realistically costs.... $1500, go for it. I could make a living off chopping up old Hondas and turning them into Cafe racers. There's no cost in making a cafe racer, you're just taking off parts and stripping the bike down.

You're better off getting a smaller bike anyhow. I have an 82 CB750F and it's 550lb wet. It took quite a bit of seat time before I was truly comfortable on it and backing it up is still a pain. Riding a scooter is drastically different from motorcycles as well... I highly doubt a few months riding a ruckus is anywhere near adequate training.

and to stay on topic, i love filtering through traffic, especially when it's at a standstill. and when I downshift real fast and I get a little backfiring and burble from the exhaust.

The V7 has more p[wer and is shaft drive which generally means less maintenance. I've ridden both and I used to sell Guzzi's at the staore I work at and I would recommend the Guzzi. I have a friend with one and he travels everywhere on it, including long distance rides.

1988 Honda Hawk NT650

nt650.jpg

Just picked this up for $1000. Put in a new battery, new sparkplugs, fresh gas but she won't start up. One of the carburetor diaphragms has a tear in it as well :( $100 for a new one. Checking the fuel pump tomorrow.

Came with the stock front wheel, track fairing (no headlights or signals), stock seat, and rear stand. The tires are brand new and you can see a visible seam on the center of the rear

Just found my new track bike :)

suck. I was watching one for a while. owner kept trying to sell for 2k for a year and I kept telling him he'd never get that amount. I offered 1k for it and he kept declining. after a few months of declining, he emailed me back. occasionally see him riding it around town and I'm waiting for him to post it again.

I been eyeing the old kawa kz platform. not sure if I could go to their liter bike status though.

That hawk is fucking sick. The NT is such a killer bike for the money. Buddy of mine lets me take his around for a flog every once in a while and the thing just screams with a minimum amount of upgrading. Super good purchase for a buck there. I think there's a dude in New England somewhere named Hord who is the living god of all things Hawk. http://www.hordpower.com/ is his site.

And my favorite thing about riding is either long sweeping, banked highway turns on a spring/fall day or making a mod to your bike, firing it up, and having it run that much better through the twisties. Oh yeah, and going out for a ride into the country with no agenda and just stumbling on cool shit (vintage car shows, good diners, random cool people, etc.)

Oh, and post ride beers. Fuck yeah.

Just scored this this weekend in baltimore. Titled, street legal, and ready to rock.

5771508187_7bef2eabf7_b.jpg

500 thumps are a fucking hoot man, love this thing. 31 years old and still starts on the first kick from cold. Pretty epic. Only mod I need to do is score some street shoes for her. Anyone need some knobbies?

That bike would look way better with a slimmed down tail but retaining the same shape.

I agree, I'm trying to find the rear seat cowl as I have the stock seat.

Evil: was that fairing custom? I thought they were only naked.

Yep, I have a full set of track fairings as well with no headlights. I like the dual headlights look though, a la' fzr400 and vfr400.

That hawk is fucking sick. The NT is such a killer bike for the money. Buddy of mine lets me take his around for a flog every once in a while and the thing just screams with a minimum amount of upgrading. Super good purchase for a buck there. I think there's a dude in New England somewhere named Hord who is the living god of all things Hawk. http://www.hordpower.com/ is his site.

It looks like I have a Penske rear shock and racetech valves and springs in the front end. Speaking of Hord, I just ordered a handful of parts from them, talked to Hord on the phone and he was super friendly. Have you seen their race bikes? fap fap fap.

prohawkside.jpg

prohawk.jpg

Here she is now though...

hawkapart.jpg

Tore apart the carburetors, one looks pretty good. The other is completely fucked. The jets are all gunked up which is probably why it wouldn't start.

img2011052800106.jpg

Fuel pump is good, going to check compression when I get a hold of the sparkplug hole adapter. Ordered new diaphragm, intake boots, and float bowl gaskets.

That bike would look way better with a slimmed down tail but retaining the same shape.

I agree, I'm trying to find the rear seat cowl as I have the stock seat.

Evil: was that fairing custom? I thought they were only naked.

Yep, I have a full set of track fairings as well with no headlights. I like the dual headlights look though, a la' fzr400 and vfr400.

It looks like I have a Penske rear shock and racetech valves and springs in the front end. Speaking of Hord, I just ordered a handful of parts from them, talked to Hord on the phone and he was super friendly. Have you seen their race bikes? fap fap fap.

prohawkside.jpg

prohawk.jpg

Here she is now though...

hawkapart.jpg

Tore apart the carburetors, one looks pretty good. The other is completely fucked. The jets are all gunked up which is probably why it wouldn't start.

img2011052800106.jpg

Fuel pump is good, going to check compression when I get a hold of the sparkplug hole adapter. Ordered new diaphragm, intake boots, and float bowl gaskets.

damn that yamaha XT looks nice ! my mom's boyfriend's got one (his 2nd bike) but it doesn't look that cool at all.

this is his Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans (no light unfortunately):

20110525180359327.jpg

20110525180330697.jpg

20110525180513608.jpg

damn that yamaha XT looks nice ! my mom's boyfriend's got one (his 2nd bike) but it doesn't look that cool at all.

this is his Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans (no light unfortunately):

20110525180359327.jpg

20110525180330697.jpg

20110525180513608.jpg