riff

Post your DUCKS!

^I think ducks can be worn like trousers or jeans. They are an incredibly versatile piece of clothing. Don't over think it, if you like the way the pants look you'll find things to wear them with.

Not trolling here at all, but can someone explain ducks to me? I've been looking at the new Roy's, and while I can appreciate the construction, I can't understand how and where I could wear them? It might just be a piece of clothing that is over my head.

Duck pant + chambray, wabash, or denim shirts and jackets. Can't go wrong with those combo.

I guess I should post the fit pic here too since I don't own that much duck...

DSC09431.jpg

DSC09432.jpg

rising sun "Ranch Hand" duck jacket.. absolutely beautiful. If you can afford one, I highly recommend it.

Yeah.. MNR started me thinking about one, then Roy6's shots made me drive to Pasadena and buy one...

new style 12 oz. indigo cone mills selvage duck. high rise, straight leg, button up front pockets, iphone back pocket, 13 hand peened rivets, 7 hand-peened copper buttons, leather washers on all rivets and buttons. hand casted copper buttons. double knee, no yolks, triple stitched back seam, hand-felled inseam. single needle tailored. IMG_6437.jpgIMG_6442.jpgIMG_6443.jpgIMG_6444.jpgIMG_6445.jpgIMG_6450.jpg

Klue, in my opinion the contrast is way too much. It's a creative design and they're probably well constructed... but this is all I can think of:

true-religion-womens-black-jeans-with-pockets.jpg

Not feeling the design, but I think it's only because it's pushing up against my traditional taste. However, I really like that your designs push and challenge the norm-- always a good thing.

new style 12 oz. indigo cone mills selvage duck. high rise, straight leg, button up front pockets, iphone back pocket, 13 hand peened rivets, 7 hand-peened copper buttons, leather washers on all rivets and buttons. hand casted copper buttons. double knee, no yolks, triple stitched back seam, hand-felled inseam. single needle tailored./QUOTE]

http://www.grammarist.com/usage/casted/

The contrast stitch doesn't make me think True Religion, their top stitching is done with darn near knitting yarn. This reminds me of old time work wear. High contrast stitching was used to emphasize the heavy duty construction of the garment. Alot of the old advertisements made them look like they were drawn from connect-the-dots.

^Fit you perfect Markmont. I'm not sure the color would look as fly on me, however. Has there been any talk of these Roy's in black duck? Other than the Carhartt Ropers or those old Left Field ones, anyone know of some other good duck pants in black?

@fincarelli - im not sure about black ducks BUT the rjb x bsp bk is an awesome black denim. The denim actually feels similar to duck imo.

My sister found these Raleighs at a resale place - really like the fabric. Actually it looks identical to the LVC duck - can anyone confirm if it is, in fact, Cone?

f7dd8d53.jpg

06080a00.jpg

I'm positive it's Cone. They have a pretty special relationship with them, especially since they're within an hour of each other. Mine has the White Oak plant label on the right pocket where the signatures are.

Great pickup-- and they look great on ya, man.

I'm positive it's Cone. They have a pretty special relationship with them, especially since they're within an hour of each other. Mine has the White Oak plant label on the right pocket where the signatures are.

Great pickup-- and they look great on ya, man.

yep, its cone.

This is an old Wrangler jacket i've had in my loft for some years but never actually worn. I'm guessing early-mid 70's but if anyone knows any more about it, would be grateful for any info

b80dps.jpg

24cwcx3.jpg

My sister found these Raleighs at a resale place - really like the fabric. Actually it looks identical to the LVC duck - can anyone confirm if it is, in fact, Cone?

I tried to buy a pair of those about a year ago, but the fit just didn't work for me. I really liked the fabric; nice and light, which would have been perfect for the summers down here. Plus, they're quite nicely made. Sucks for me, but congratulations to you on a good score.

Wandered around the mall today, wound up in Barneys Co-op, and discovered that Naked and Famous is making a pair of ducks:

Selvedge-Duck-front1-225x351.png

Selvedge-Duck-back1-225x351.png

Pale in comparison to the ROYs, I'm sure, but don't look too bad for less than half the price. Oh ROY...

and, truth:

Monitaly Hunting Pants in Brown Duck look nice.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2502