Nudie Jeans

arcanum

looks loose for tf. are those new or stretched out?

The thighs and legs are pretty tight... I guess I don't have enough butt. They are new - see the little nudie booklet in the back pocket.

@8bpc: damn, your pic looks like an ad. nice pio tho but the fit sucks.

"nice pio" Did you mean nice pic? Maybe I don't have enough butt to fill them... I think sizing down would be bad since the thighs are already tight. Perhaps they will look better when the nudie booklet isn't in the back pocket and they are worn a bit?

@Androo630: good job man

i heard ajdh is so stubborn like hell.

if im not mistaken, there is no one with such faded within 6 months as yours even in mynudies. keep it up.

@superhero: agree, tlj is made for tighter fit.

@8bpc: since you have no honeycomb there, i assume they are brand new, arent they?

for a brand new tfdbc, they look kinda loose

and from what i've heard, they will stretch out 1 inch or more.

anyway, if you love the fit and everything, its ok tho

after all they are yours and this is just my two cent.

peace :D:D:D:D

I think thats how thin finns should look, and not worn super super tight... that's why they have tight long johns :D

I tihnk its not a bad fit, but make sure its tight around the waist... then you'll know if you have the right sizing

@8bpc: since you have no honeycomb there, i assume they are brand new, arent they?

for a brand new tfdbc, they look kinda loose

and from what i've heard, they will stretch out 1 inch or more.

anyway, if you love the fit and everything, its ok tho

after all they are yours and this is just my two cent.

peace :D:D:D:D

Yes, they are new. I sized down 1 from true waist and it isn't tight, but it isn't really loose. Not sure sizing down more would be good since the legs and thighs are already tight. I don't think the DBC stretch the same as others since they have 2% elastine in them (a stretch denim).

Any of you guys ever soak your Nudies before wear regardless of them being sanforized? I had a pair of SSSs and I just wore and after the first soak at about 3 mos, the combs were off. I just got a pair of RRSs and contemplating soaking them pre wear or not. Let me know your thoughts guys. Thanks

Any of you guys ever soak your Nudies before wear regardless of them being sanforized? I had a pair of SSSs and I just wore and after the first soak at about 3 mos, the combs were off. I just got a pair of RRSs and contemplating soaking them pre wear or not. Let me know your thoughts guys. Thanks

No point. Unless you want some indigo loss before you start breaking them in? Which is not a great idea considering Nudie's dye job.

now that you know how much shrink to expect, it might just depend on whether you feel like it's worth it, and if you want to hem them. it may have been different for other folks, but in my experience, my SJDJs lost very little dye on the first hot soak, which I didn't do til after about 8 months--the water was yellow, not blue! just don't agitate them in the water at all. personally I wish I had done it right off the bat. there was minimal shrinking, but still some, and I had made the novice mistake of getting them hemmed at the very beginning without any wash or soak. I stretched the inseams, but they still shrank a little, shifting the fades and making the leg just a bit shorter than I wanted.

the coated ones usually runs larger then the dry ones and tend to stretch more. so sizing down one more is a good option

Really? Like I said mine are not tight in the waist... so I should size down 2 from true waist instead of 1? The thighs and legs are already pretty tight as evident in the fit pic, are you sure down 1 more would be a good choice? Fitting jeans with elastine in them is a new thing for me.

yeah .. initial soak nudie jeans gives you nothing but loss some indigo

and you dont want that.

@mackie: really feeling you man cos im having the same problem too

getting my nudie hemmed at 1st place and they are quite too short after a hot soak i gave..

word. though my point to jays 978 was the opposite, exactly because of what you said: in my experience, hot soak hardly jacked with the color at all and would have gotten rid of the (minimal) shrinking for shifting/hemming purposes.

have you tried stretching the inseam after a soak and hanging them upside down? you might get a little length back.

have you tried stretching the inseam after a soak and hanging them upside down? you might get a little length back.

i heard this but never tried, they might a little short now

but i guess im in love with how they fit me.

im into flip flop and the shorter hem makes everything looks simple.

im indonesian who is living in malaysia, both are humid and sh+t. :confused:

I was wondering what other brand of jeans have models that share a similar fit with the Average Joes. Any recommendations?

how about apc new standard? probably a little tapered at knee down tho.

Can anyone tell me if Thin Finns are similar to the way APC New Cures are cut? If Thin Finns aren't like New Cures, can someone recommend me a cut similar to that of New Cures (not to tight on the thigh, but slim below the knee w/ ~6.5 leg opening)? Also. should I size down as much on the Thin Finns as I did for APC New Standards? (I wore sz 26in APC NS, 27's in Diesels, and my true waist size is 29-30).

Can anyone tell me if Thin Finns are similar to the way APC New Cures are cut? If Thin Finns aren't like New Cures, can someone recommend me a cut similar to that of New Cures (not to tight on the thigh, but slim below the knee w/ ~6.5 leg opening)? Also. should I size down as much on the Thin Finns as I did for APC New Standards? (I wore sz 26in APC NS, 27's in Diesels, and my true waist size is 29-30).

Thin Finn's aren't that similar to new cures.

The leg opening is way slimmer compared to the new cures.

I'd say.... go with either grim tim or slim jim.

You usually size down 1 with nudies.

can anyone comment on the fit of these? they're RRDS's, i'm a 34 and i sized down to a 33 but they seem big. this is my first pair of raw denim and i figured they were supposed to be tighter than this but i don't know how these are supposed to fit. like i mentioned above, the waistline is actually 35" but the other measurements like knee\thigh etc match up with the context clothing measurements

nudiefront.jpg

nudieback.jpg

nudieside.jpg