Who's getting paid for browsing and posting on this site for a particular brand??

clintyclint

If you know something that the rest of us don't, then out with it.

Don't start idiotic rumors with nothing to back them up.

Ever heard of viral marketing? Happens all over internet forums. Unlike what this guy seems to think though, people aren't paid to sit on SuFu all day and rack up 3,000 posts bumming Samurais. What you'll generally see is a more advanced version of spam, where people join forums related to the product and start asking dumbassed questions, with a link to the PRPS jeans in question or whatever. In fact, I'm pretty certain I saw someone doing it with a bunch of PRPS topics the other day.

I dont work for Levi's...................

Levi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi's

Levi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi'sLevi's

Another $1,000 earned.........

Ever heard of viral marketing? Happens all over internet forums. Unlike what this guy seems to think though, people aren't paid to sit on SuFu all day and rack up 3,000 posts bumming Samurais. What you'll generally see is a more advanced version of spam, where people join forums related to the product and start asking dumbassed questions, with a link to the PRPS jeans in question or whatever. In fact, I'm pretty certain I saw someone doing it with a bunch of PRPS topics the other day.

absolutely true. you know it's out there. so, don't believe everything you read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_marketing

the self promotion here is another story.. pages of threads with just one or two people behind a dozen names.. straight up

This DID happen with a certain brand that more or less launched itself on superfuture (although not a dozen names, just 3-4 ... all one person)... ahhh, the memories....

the self promotion here is another story.. pages of threads with just one or two people behind a dozen names.. straight up

I feel like we're pretty good at ignoring those stupid threads anyhow, even without Minya locking shit down.

We just pass them off as tards and move on--and their threads just get pruned to the back of the line of older threads.

Do we think that this type of behavior is starting to become a problem? :confused:

As funny as this thread is, I did work a job for 4 years with a software company where I was paid to post on forums promoting their product indirectly. I was also paid to write positive reviews for their product on different review sites. Mad easy job, good money too. Unethical yes, but fuck it, too easy of a workload to give up.