Supreme S/S 2010

readytoignite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but has 'the supreme version' (outside of a collab with the actual company) of anything ever been better than the original? This isn't meant to be snarky 'n shit, I'm really curious and don't know their archives back-to-front like some of you.

certainly the chore jacket was much better fitting than the carhartt. i guess the ss ma-1 is debatable but the best supreme outerwear doesn't really have any peers.

anyway i don't think dw was saying that his timberline was better than a barbour/filson - i think it was more that it showed wear a lot faster. perhaps he was also saying he needed to shower more, couldn't tell

anyway, basically supreme does contemporary fitting cheap versions of expensive stuff and contemporary fitting expensive versions of cheap stuff.

.....and your point is?

anyway i don't think dw was saying that his timberline was better than a barbour/filson - i think it was more that it showed wear a lot faster. perhaps he was also saying he needed to shower more, couldn't tell

anyway, basically supreme does contemporary fitting cheap versions of expensive stuff and contemporary fitting expensive versions of cheap stuff.

Mainly, I was trying to get to whether or not thesupreme's comparison between timberline/filson should have been obvious to the point that it wasn't worth making it at all.

stopped through the LA store over the weekend around 6:15 on saturday. homie says they're closed even though they close at 7, but then changes his mind, lets us in and gives us a lecture to "under any circumstances, do not touch the t-shirts." hilarious.

i just had to have a stroll around the bowl and took pictures since simparch is a mind blowing bunch.

anyone get the backpack this season?

is it cool?

I'm happy with mine, got the leopard print.

It has a large main compartment and a smaller lower compartment, you can make it into one large compartment by unzipping a partition.

Pros:

Perfect day pack for lunch, notepad & bits and bobs

Good padding/support

Easily accessable front zip pocket

Mesh inner compartment for valuables

Leopard print is sexy

Cons:

No laptop sleeve

I would personally like zipped compartments on either side of the pack

Condura material is a little on the thin side

stopped through the LA store over the weekend around 6:15 on saturday. homie says they're closed even though they close at 7, but then changes his mind, lets us in and gives us a lecture to "under any circumstances, do not touch the t-shirts." hilarious.

i just had to have a stroll around the bowl and took pictures since simparch is a mind blowing bunch.

Lol I heard they have to email pictures of how the shop looks at the end of the day to Jebbia.

Mainly, I was trying to get to whether or not thesupreme's comparison between timberline/filson should have been obvious to the point that it wasn't worth making it at all.

I think it varies from item to item, some are better than the original, some are worse. The Chore jkt Supreme did was my biggest regret though, it was amazing....damn

My Timberline/Flison comment was just an observation, take it or leave it. But the quality difference was more than noticeble, but them I'm biased because I think Filson is one of the best brands period.

Me personally...I buy less Supreme derivatives these days and more of the original merch now that I know a little better. If anything, Supreme has got me into buying the brands that it uses for inspiration (Polo RL, RRL, Filson, Carhartt, Red Wings, Levis, Mil Spec etc)

anyone get the backpack this season?

is it cool?

theyre sold out of the red/blue and leopard print...i havent seen a backpack sell out in a while. Then again, last seasons was pretty bad so anything decent afterwards would probably do well

Seriously.

Looks like no thought went into the design of the patch.

imo that's actually part of whatever charm it has... i personally have a bigger issue with the 5 panel shape they have now - the front is really flat and blocky and the structure behind the front panel is provided via one of those flip up nylon mesh things instead of basted faux linen.

any chance the crusaders tee will go on sale? not really feeling any of the colorways...would love to buy them if theyre on sale tho.

still waiting for the tank tops...only thing i want to purchase this season..

Can anyone give me a review of the Court zip?

Really the only piece I'm interested in but it looks kinda flimsy.

it's a similar weight to the other s/s fleece - i actually came around to this one as i had suspected, it's about as classy as a track top could be (damning with faint praise)

I'd be surprised if they made it to the weekend honestly, people have been beasting supreme's constructed T's the past few seasons.

that's a bit much - typically stock shortages happen when they fail to anticipate demand (the ventile being a classic example - tons of sagamores next season). that may have been the case a year or two ago but they have tons of constructeds out now so it's more dependent on whether people are feeling the design/colors.

it's a similar weight to the other s/s fleece - i actually came around to this one as i had suspected, it's about as classy as a track top could be (damning with faint praise)

So it is fleece? Just making sure it is not some thin pique fabric or something. Thanks!