Supreme S/S 2010

readytoignite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Thursday rolls around and a bright red version of http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/thom-browne-yellow-vest-1-477x540.jpg appears you're all going to be eating your words.

In other news, my timberline jacket has developed it's own ecosystem. Surprised how gnarly and worn in this thing looks after 1 season.

When Thursday rolls around and a bright red version of http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/thom-browne-yellow-vest-1-477x540.jpg appears you're all going to be eating your words.

In other news, my timberline jacket has developed it's own ecosystem. Surprised how gnarly and worn in this thing looks after 1 season.

funny...i feel the same way about my timberline jacket. i use it daily and absolutely hate how the waxed millerain attracts every form of dust particle imaginable. i guess the best way to keep it clean is to wipe it down with a damp cloth every once in a while.

got my north face today... definitely slimmer than the last shell but crazy long... shirt dress time for those 5'6" dudes out there in their mediums.

i'm guessing anyone who normally does a large will be fine with either a medium or large but we shall see i suspect.

depending on the weather i may take it for a test ride tomorrow but doubt it will perform particularly well since it seemed to trap moisture just hanging out.

the kangaroo pocket is massive, i was grabbing stuff to see what i could fit into it... letter sized paper, 7" singles and camp cap yes, LP records no

got my north face today... definitely slimmer than the last shell but crazy long... shirt dress time for those 5'6" dudes out there in their mediums.

i'm guessing anyone who normally does a large will be fine with either a medium or large but we shall see i suspect.

depending on the weather i may take it for a test ride tomorrow but doubt it will perform particularly well since it seemed to trap moisture just hanging out.

the kangaroo pocket is massive, i was grabbing stuff to see what i could fit into it... letter sized paper, 7" singles and camp cap yes, LP records no

Got my Camo in Large today and GF got me the Red/Blue for Bday gift to my surprise. Needless to say, don't need both and ended up feeling the red/blue over camo. Selling the Camo Large for cost + free shipping within US, hit me up via PM

I wear XL in other Supreme items, but L fits fine although long as Ready explained. Nice jacket, happy with pick up

I got my stuff today (I'm in Canada). The most amazing thing was no fees when it was delivered. I knew that UPS Expedited meant no brokerage charge, but I had assumed there would be at least tax (since we're talking a few hundred bucks worth). When it showed up - nothing - I just had to sign. Very impressed. It also took forever to actually ship, but they shipped Friday and I got it today. They shipped my North Face yesterday and its supposed to arrive tomorrow. Very impressed with that.

One note for any Canadians - the boxes have a sticker that says the box is not to be redirected so I think that might be a problem if you say ordered with your home address (since they only ship to billing addresses) and planned to redirect it to your work or something.

As far as the product I was ready to be disappointed in the crusader varsity after reading complaints about it but I'm pretty satisfied both with it and the fit. I ordered a medium (I'm an M in pretty much everything) and thought it might be too small with what people were saying. Strangely, the chambray work shirt I got is a bit small for a medium. Seems smaller than the oxfords and flannels I have. It's wearable but if anything I thought it'd be a bit bigger given that its a work shirt.

........One note for any Canadians - the boxes have a sticker that says the box is not to be redirected so I think that might be a problem if you say ordered with your home address (since they only ship to billing addresses) and planned to redirect it to your work or something.......

They put those stickers on domestic packages as well and i've redirected almost all of my packages. Seems the sticker goes on the box and is completely ignored.

do they use different manufacturers for different shirts? because ive got the motion and jawbreaker tee both in navy, and not only do they fit different, but they feel different as well. the jawbreaker tee is softer and shorter.

also, rep to anyone that can get me measurements on size LARGE shirts post washing/drying. ive always bought size medium but they seem small on me now. trying to see if i should pick up a spacemen 3 shirt in a large.

haha, it's definitely on more of a "hobo finds barbour bedale in trash can" level of wear, than some WABI SABI WATARI~~ tip. will try and get some pics up over next few days.

Champion jackets are releasing at hideout this Thursday, wonder if they'll release this week in the US. Retailing for 140 euro's, but hideout marks up like what, 500%?

i dispute that the salt girl is a jawbreaker flip... the logo placement and font is from the salt, not jawbreaker and they didn't keep the quasi-spoonerism. so basically none of the design elements that the designers get paid the big bucks to copy.

but whatever makes you sleep better at night is fine by me

haha, it's definitely on more of a "hobo finds barbour bedale in trash can" level of wear, than some WABI SABI WATARI~~ tip. will try and get some pics up over next few days.

Interested to see pics.

I have to say though, now that I've seen my friends Timberline and my Filson jacket thats similar in style and material, I'm amazed if anyone would buy the Supeme version if they saw the 'real' thing...my Filson is WAAAAAAAAAY better than the Timberline, its not even remotely close

Yeah, but has 'the supreme version' (outside of a collab with the actual company) of anything ever been better than the original? This isn't meant to be snarky 'n shit, I'm really curious and don't know their archives back-to-front like some of you.

Anyone want to put it in writing that, say, an old preme m65 was the best version of an m65 in the global marketplace?

I wouldn't necessarily say that an Alpha Industries for Supreme field jacket is the best available, but it's definitely better than a standard Alpha Industries field jacket.

This is definitely true for the N3B parka I have from a few years ago. The Supreme is better fitting and generally nicer than the Alpha it replaced. It was also more expensive, so it should be.