Supreme S/S 2010

readytoignite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the life of me, i can't understand why the black baseball jersey sold out and the grey hasn't. Extremely nice piece.

Black just layers with other things better i think. If i had the cash i would have copped the grey too. Also all the staff at Harajuku were wearing the black. In-store hype maybe ?

Black just layers with other things better i think. If i had the cash i would have copped the grey too. Also all the staff at Harajuku were wearing the black. In-store hype maybe ?

false - black does not "layer" with navy... grey goes with everything.

but that's a good point, a lot of people buying this in north america are heavily influenced by the in-store style of supreme harajuku

They haven't gotten out tracking numbers to a lot of areas, not just Canada.

*as I was typing this I got my tracking number*

They'll sell out but I'm sure many will wait for the supreme branded pullover (wish they would have used the tan/navy colorway on the Northface). Wonder what else will be dropping.

neither of the previous supreme north face shells were gore-tex, which would probably put these things in the 500+ range... i think the first two were hyvent DT?

i'm sure there'll be plenty of these to go around, they had stock for days of the last two at least. if you buy one expecting to be able to flip/resell, you will be highly disappointed with the results.

i re-read the blurb and it does sound like this may be a new model, in which case there is a slightly better chance the fit/sizing may be improved... my main problem with north face sizing is there's a huge difference between small and medium.

i won't be around for this but suspect i won't be too upset if i don't manage to snag one

They'll sell out but I'm sure many will wait for the supreme branded pullover (wish they would have used the tan/navy colorway on the Northface). Wonder what else will be dropping.

on the topic of the crest pullover: correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it's actually gray/navy.

i thought it was tan initially, but the url of the image says gray. could still be a mix-up, though.

These will def be able to flip. Do you know how much the first two fetch for? The denalis suck because they are too common. But this will flip

the first one doesn't resell for as much as you think - in any case those were actually pretty limited and are an unreliable indicator

the second one is popping up less than it used to but doubt it commands more than a 20% markup over retail.

for the third one - given they will likely produce more than the second shell and that pullovers are in less demand at a comparable price point to a zip-up, you will be lucky to pull 20% long term (see above). minus 10% ebay/paypal (20% BIN) i don't see how the outlay is worth the (not unlikely) risk that it will resell for less than retail in the long term.

i suppose you might try to flip short-term, but you will face extreme pricing competition and volatility, not to mention uncertainty as to the amount of stock... probably most potential purchasers will have learned the lesson from hirst series #2 and hold out until the market stabilizes.

so yeah, it's your money and we've all learned the lesson that you can never lose money in real estate.

i don't get why they decided to overlap styles between their season run and their colabs. offering two chambray shirts and two pullovers must cut down on the demand for each of the four.

the chambrays don't compete - the thom browne is definitely a jp special. it's possible that north face will eat into chest stripe, i probably would've made that a day one release for that reason but hey, nobody asked me