Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Pick the 21 oz 510s as an example. They're 29000 yen + 3500 for shipping. So, assuming you have a CC on file with 2nd and don't need to do the bank transfer you pay about $315 shipped versus about $348 from BiG. If you need them hemmed, you're out $30 more from 45rpm. You may/may not be charged a hefty fee at customs.

If you don't have a CC on file, it's a bank transfer for the first purchase. Tack on $20, for $335 from 2nd.

If you use a proxy it's like $280 + 32(12%) + shipping, for like $325. You might, but probably won't, get hit with a hefty customs charge. Again, chainstitching extra.

You save a bit of cash avoiding BiG, as long as you don't need chainstitching and don't get hit by customs.

But if I have my friend from Japan order the jeans from rakuten, then I wont have to pay a bank fee, correct?

If you have a friend in Japan that is willing to buy the jeans for you, it is the equivalent of a proxy with a 0% fee. Normal proxies charge more than 0%, therefore your friend will be cheaper...

Just look at the circumstances and do the math.

If you need them hemmed, you're out $30 more from 45rpm.... Again, chainstitching extra....

2nd hems on request. They have a Union Special. You have to be very careful about how you word the request though, cause they might hem too much. You put it on the notes at the end of the order translated with babel fish or google. You ask for how much hem you want removed in centremeters (metric). Eg. Please 7cm you cut. Thank you.

A good proxy can ask for a hem from the Rakuten store that they are ordering from. BEARS, Hinoya, 2nd (I thin Vari, but not sure) all have hemming services.

As for the price difference. For me in Australia. BiG = $36 in shipping (for 1 week USPS global express). Japan = $28 in shipping for 3 day EMS. And that's not even taking into account the price difference.

I think he meant will he have to use a bank transfer, which charges a fee, if his friend in Japan orders them. Is the 1st purchase rule applicable to customers in japan or just foreign?

Just foreign orders. Way to deflate my attempt to be an asshole! Shit, I should just call 2nd, they still haven't charged me for the jeans I ordered in like September, and my CC expires shortly.

maybe they wont charge you... plus if you get a new card with a new expiration date they can still charge that card. card # shouldnt change unless your going with a different cc company altogether

maybe they wont charge you... plus if you get a new card with a new expiration date they can still charge that card. card # shouldnt change unless your going with a different cc company altogether

I'm assuming, at this point, that something is screwed up and they won't charge me. I'll get my little brother to call them and sort it out or something. I mean, I owe them the money. I would rather everything were free, but since they sent me jeans, I figure I should pay them.

arcs are fading through the pockets of the usa's... overkill...

that's exciting! are the arcuates stitched onto the back pocket liner then? that's a clever way to get around the lawsuit. that's not listed with the rest of the specs @ BiG, quite sly... i just pre-ordered mine today, so i shall join you in the usa model waiting game.

plong, theyre the same cut. you cant get the 0505 anymore though can you?

heres a saggy fit pic, i cant remember who it is

ha that's me. these jeans are still on the go every day and now about 16 months/2 washes in. more pics in the evolution thread in 2 months...

got fit pics from 0 months (pre-soak and post soak), and 3, 6 ,9 12 and 15 months if you want any more, plongin.

If you have a friend in Japan that is willing to buy the jeans for you, it is the equivalent of a proxy with a 0% fee. Normal proxies charge more than 0%, therefore your friend will be cheaper...

Just look at the circumstances and do the math.

Hey, I understand that. Thanks though. My friend lives in Isohara-machi, Kitaibaraki-shi, Japan, so I have no idea where that is compared to shops and all where the jeans can actually be picked up, so she would probably have to order them. If she orders them, then I will most likely be paying $230 for a pair of 0500xx, plus shipping from 2nd to her, then shipping from her to me.