Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my 0500s, I only sized down 1 because I got scarred with the late lot 10 sizing issues. I probably could have got one more size down as after a soak and wearing them they're feeling nicely relaxed, however I love the fit. The denim on these is so slubby, much more than zero denim.

2207346775_9904775613_b.jpg

thanks, i'm a 36 and those are 35's, although i didnt get the screwed up sized ones since I proxied, so I could have gone down 2. If I could go down 2, I think anyone can. I only warm/hot soaked for a couple hours though, and i'm wearing them damp to mold em all nice lol

yea, with my bks it's been that every time i wash or soak they shrink a bit more, but they always stretch out to what they were/a bit more in 3-4 days. It might be my lifestyle, riding my bike every day and walking around the city a ton.

I'm hoping these stay shrunk when i do wash them, they're allready a bit baggy after wearing them damp. I usually wash every month or so though, so we'll see

thanks, i'm a 36 and those are 35's, although i didnt get the screwed up sized ones since I proxied, so I could have gone down 2. If I could go down 2, I think anyone can. I only warm/hot soaked for a couple hours though, and i'm wearing them damp to mold em all nice lol

Corter the fit is spot on in my opinion and its good enough. Don't ever size down anymore on those lol. Won't look nice sized down 2 I reckon.

my waist is a 29, should i go for a 30 in waist for the s5000s. and I plan on soaking them

I don't think you should size up on the S5000 unless you have super huge thighs and seat. If you are a true size 29 (measuring 2-3 inchs below navel) and if you are of normal build, you shd try a 28 for the real S5000 fit, try a 27 if you are slimmer for the more fitted look.

Hope that helps.

I wont :)

What I meant by that was when I tried on a 34, basically the only thing that fit different than the 35's was the waist, the legs felt basically the same. I am very happy with this fit, i'm not big on super tight pants anyways.

The thighs are NOT the same size. I actually own 0500s in both 34 and 35 (it's a long story) and the 34s fit me great except they are a little snug in the thighs especially when I sit. I have bigger thighs than most from cycling and running, so I am probably more sensitive about thigh size than your average bear. I also agree with Dick that there's plenty more shrinkage in Corter's jeans. When I first got mine I did a couple of hot soaks, a hot wash and 40 minutes in the dryer so as to get out all of the shrinkage. Even accounting for stretch back, after my next wash I lost a little in the thighs and in the inseam.

The thighs are NOT the same size. I actually own 0500s in both 34 and 35 (it's a long story) and the 34s fit me great except they are a little snug in the thighs especially when I sit. I have bigger thighs than most from cycling and running, so I am probably more sensitive about thigh size than your average bear. I also agree with Dick that there's plenty more shrinkage in Corter's jeans. When I first got mine I did a couple of hot soaks, a hot wash and 40 minutes in the dryer so as to get out all of the shrinkage. Even accounting for stretch back, after my next wash I lost a little in the thighs and in the inseam.

I have huge legs from riding too, we're in the same boat it sounds like. I'm dead serious though, besides the waist both sizes fit me pretty much identical.

as for shrinking: i've hot washed and dried my bk's a couple times...they always stretch back out, always.

dino, is it the same for the older lot or are you referring to the new lot. i'm going to be buying a pair through a proxy so it shouldn't be the new weird lot.

i'm just a little confused cause of the new lot drama. i'm a true waist 34-35 and i wear a size 33 in dukes. they were tight when i first wore them, however, i could button them up all the way. i want a slim fit, but not super slim.

basically, i guess my question is should i go with a size 32 which is a waist size of 34 presoak or get a larger size to account for the shrink? unsanfordized denim is way too much trouble, i don't want to fuck up again like i did with my 660s haha.

I wanna get S0500. Couple of questions:

- Does S0500 Texas cotton stretch as much as S5000 Zero cotton, or more/less?

- I wear APC NS size 29 (fairly tight fitting), Uniqlo S-002 size 31 (normal fitting, need belt now). Based on this I think I should go with a S0500 size 30... correct?

- There were sizing anomalies with some lot #'s with some cuts.. Do I have to worry about this? S0500 tag size 30 means it will shrink to a size 30, correct? I will probably order from 2nd... http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s0500xx/

Thanks guys! :)

when i bought my 0500 pair from 2nd they were tagged 29 and measured 30 raw when they should have been closer to a 31 raw. i think they were from the funny lot. take it for what its worth.

so if my true size is 32 should i get size 32 710s?

i normally purchase a size 32 when it comes to denim, but with these i got a size 31. my waist has also gone up slightly since i purchased my flat heads last year(size 32). they were snug at first, but fit great now. all depends on how you like your denim to fit.