Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

I tried on the usa's today on my trip to soho, and they're super super nice. wouldn't let me buy a pair because of the cinch back issue on the larger sizes, but anyone ordering them-very lucky.

whats the cinch back issue? only thing I don't like about mine is that my belt gets in the way of the cinchback, may need a skinny belt.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the cinch back issue? only thing I don't like about mine is that my belt gets in the way of the cinchback, may need a skinny belt.

Its definitely trickier to wear a belt with the cinch...especially if its a soopathick sam belt.

...I don't wear a belt tho, so meh. :cool:

When are the larger sizes supposed to be shipped out?

ps - Gordon said he washed mine, but they didn't really look like they had been when I received them, so I washed them again...almost 2 inches disappeared from the inseam.

Yeah I have a ALD belt so its supa thick. I soaked mince twice, first time 2" off the inseam then 2nd soak about half a inch off the inseam. Can prolly get more with a hot wash/dry

not a great pic but you can see the poor little cinch getting crushed by my ALD belt

samuraiusamodel05ih0.jpg

yeah can probably put the cinch under the belt loop then put the belt over the cinch

Ya, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Nice denim. Even though I sized up one from my 5000's, I find them to be a bit slimmer fitting. Possibly because they have some stretching to do in the legs. I don't love the UFO rivets...but I that's a minor detail. Kinda wish they used the Jin rivets.

The cinch is what turned me off to these, but the denim is beautiful...

I, for one, think that floppy repros is where the cinch belongs. On a slim jean it really serves no purpose. The cinch could have been moved lower so that it didn't interfere with the belt.

Also, I am still jealous that you guys used up the last of the 505 denim.

I, for one, think that floppy repros is where the cinch belongs. On a slim jean it really serves no purpose. The cinch could have been moved lower so that it didn't interfere with the belt.

You're right...but as a person who looks ridonculous in repro cuts, I'm happy....and truthfully, does anything else matter? :P

Yeah I have a ALD belt so its supa thick. I soaked mince twice, first time 2" off the inseam then 2nd soak about half a inch off the inseam. Can prolly get more with a hot wash/dry

not a great pic but you can see the poor little cinch getting crushed by my ALD belt

samuraiusamodel05ih0.jpg

how long did you soak them for?

What's the issue? Someone said something about the cinchback??? :confused:

Cinchbacks are the same size (and I assume width) across all sizes and apparently it looks odd on larger sizes.

Talked to Gordon on Monday, he said he's waiting for word back after the Japanese holiday (Jan 1 - 7).

EDIT: Should have mentioned I got the info above from corter. Sorry.

ya, i was there yesterday and they told me that the cinchback was not evenly sized up on the larger sizes to look proportionate with the jeans. It looks very small on larger sizes because it's the size it's supposed to be on like a 30 or 31 i guess. i'm assuming this is also why big sizes have not been shipped out yet too. They wouldnt sell me a pair...i was pretty sad about it.

I just ordered a pair of 0500's!!!

For people that had their USA's osx'd, did you experience more shrinkage with another wash? I asked Gordon to osx and chainstitch mine to 32.5, but I'm wondering if I should go with 34 incase they shrink more.

I didn't get much more shrinkage in the waist, but a lot in the length...at least an inch.