Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not had any samurai before.. am thinking either 710 or new 21oz 5000. any recommendations? ta

Are you new to japanese denim or just new to Samurai? I wouldn't recommend a 21oz. pair if you're new to the game, but if you're not, the 5000's look awesome. I'm not big on the 710 cut, but that's just a personal preference, they're of equality quality & detail, etc. I guess its all a preference on whether you prefer a straight leg or a taper.

im not totally new to japanese denim. my main concern would be the rise height.. i like to have a bit more "room" than some of the lower rise jeans you can get nowadays.

the 21oz sound nice, so will keep an eye on them i think. anyone else getting some?

im not totally new to japanese denim. my main concern would be the rise height.. i like to have a bit more "room" than some of the lower rise jeans you can get nowadays.

the 21oz sound nice, so will keep an eye on them i think. anyone else getting some?

The 5000 cut isn't low rise., you should be fine.

Is that the Type 1 that is similar to the 506xx, but just without the selvedge denim?

I'm not really up on what the numbers are for Levi's jackets, but it's this one...

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2769575&cp=&keywords=rigid&searchId=22192215733&parentPage=search

I know on cultizm there is/was a jacket that looked exactly the same but was apparently a lighter weight selvage denim that costed about $300, so I thought $34 was a good price.

Weird that the 110xjs look straight legged on some people and tapered on others (doesn't help when you roll the legs).

You think it is just height? Taller people naturally make jeans look more tapered?

According to the chart on BiG, they're very slightly tapered (.5-.75") which isn't very much given that it's one of the widest legs that they do from the knee down.

oh thats pretty nice yo

yeah i had a suspicion that they were being phased out or something, but I wasn't sure. BiG still has a couple of sizes left on the website, but waaay too big for me. was just looking for something that fit like the 710s, but with a maximum of 15oz or something. 19 is crzy!

oh thats pretty nice yo

yeah i had a suspicion that they were being phased out or something, but I wasn't sure. BiG still has a couple of sizes left on the website, but waaay too big for me. was just looking for something that fit like the 710s, but with a maximum of 15oz or something. 19 is crzy!

why dont you like heavy denim? if you want 0500s to fit like 710, you might want to size down at 1. maybe 2. but thats only if you like pain.