Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

So I got around to hot soaking and then hot drying my Jin's which I sized up on from a 32 to a 33 because of all the confusion from lot 10. I'm really glad I did they measured just a little over 33 when raw and after the soak and hot dry shrank down to just over 31. Ive now stretched them out to a 32, really strange though this denim is only supposed to shrink an inch in the hot wash...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i normally purchase a size 32 when it comes to denim, but with these i got a size 31. my waist has also gone up slightly since i purchased my flat heads last year(size 32). they were snug at first, but fit great now. all depends on how you like your denim to fit.

If i like a slim fit what size do you think i should get? i was planning on getting size 30. Did you soak your denim when you first got them?

So I got around to hot soaking and then hot drying my Jin's which I sized up on from a 32 to a 33 because of all the confusion from lot 10. I'm really glad I did they measured just a little over 33 when raw and after the soak and hot dry shrank down to just over 31. Ive now stretched them out to a 32, really strange though this denim is only supposed to shrink an inch in the hot wash...

Any word on your USAs? I'm currently assuming mine are gone forever.

so if my true size is 32 should i get size 32 710s?

yes, though if you feel your thighs are skinny enough and you want skinnier getting a w31 wont hurt either. i could have done it and it wouldnt have been death by denim or anything like that, but i personally like the way true to waist fits on me better. the 19oz denim is intense.. id rather take a little more room over skin tight.

basically, im sure a w31 and 32 will both fit you, just depends on the exact fit youd like.

dino, is it the same for the older lot or are you referring to the new lot. i'm going to be buying a pair through a proxy so it shouldn't be the new weird lot.

i'm just a little confused cause of the new lot drama. i'm a true waist 34-35 and i wear a size 33 in dukes. they were tight when i first wore them, however, i could button them up all the way. i want a slim fit, but not super slim.

basically, i guess my question is should i go with a size 32 which is a waist size of 34 presoak or get a larger size to account for the shrink? unsanfordized denim is way too much trouble, i don't want to fuck up again like i did with my 660s haha.

all my samurais are lot 10 and all of them were purchased before this weird waist sizing mess, so i cant really say much on this recent "wave" of jeans. what i cant say is for the 5000vx 21oz and 710bk i ordered both in a w32 just like my others, and am just hoping the issue is straightened out by the time those are made. but if it is not and those two come to me with a waist an inch shorter it still shouldnt make much of a difference, waists are the easiest part of the jean to manage the stretch of, in my experience

yes, though if you feel your thighs are skinny enough and you want skinnier getting a w31 wont hurt either. i could have done it and it wouldnt have been death by denim or anything like that, but i personally like the way true to waist fits on me better. the 19oz denim is intense.. id rather take a little more room over skin tight.

basically, im sure a w31 and 32 will both fit you, just depends on the exact fit youd like.

Im just waiting for paypal to hurry up with my money transfer. Im going with size 31. Hopefully I like the fit. Did you hot soak your sammies when you got them or leave them dry?

do you guys reccomend buying them from http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bas-clothing/309_11_s710xx190z/ ?

raii, dont even think about wearing them dry. You must soak them in the begginning orrr you could wear them dry foreveer and never wash them (which is pretty gross imo) give them a hot soak for a couple hours in the hottest water you can get coming out of the tap. They shrink a lot.

Ive never had any problems with any rakuten stores, if your buying yourself (without a proxy) make sure that the store ships to your country.

Im just waiting for paypal to hurry up with my money transfer. Im going with size 31. Hopefully I like the fit. Did you hot soak your sammies when you got them or leave them dry?

do you guys reccomend buying them from http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bas-clothing/309_11_s710xx190z/ ?

cool, they should work. and yes, i hot soaked them. i hot soak all my jeans, and typically again after a months wear or so once ive worn em in a little, dont know if its them actually shrinking all the way the second time or just silly superstitious habits.

i hang dry though, never in a machine

ive bought from 2nd via parachutes a couple times and its been relatively cheap, quick and easy

raii, dont even think about wearing them dry. You must soak them in the begginning orrr you could wear them dry foreveer and never wash them (which is pretty gross imo) give them a hot soak for a couple hours in the hottest water you can get coming out of the tap. They shrink a lot.

Ive never had any problems with any rakuten stores, if your buying yourself (without a proxy) make sure that the store ships to your country.

yeah im buying them from a proxy. do you want to recommend me some? i was considering buying from 2nd or from bas. I'll probably pick whatevers cheaper

yeah im buying them from a proxy. do you want to recommend me some? i was considering buying from 2nd or from bas. I'll probably pick whatevers cheaper

ive bought from 2nd via parachutes a couple times and its been relatively cheap, quick and easy

10 characters

you asked him to recommend you a proxy, when i already had, so i was quoting the two posts..

sorry i didnt know what parachutes meant. i found a proxy already :) thanks though. i just ordered im so excited :) thank you dino and others who helped me

I received email from BiG about USA's today and they're expecting them to arrive around 30~31th. That means I have to cancel my order coz i'm leaving the country before I can receive them.....I'm so sad...:(

I'm thinking of ordering Studio D'Artisan... maybe SD103XX

damn.

Looks like there's a 2nd x Samurai cross collaboration due in Match/Arpil as well - S5000XX-2ND - tried putting it through a translator but the only thing I can get on it is that it's a 15oz denim

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s5000xx-2nd.htm

15oz. texas denim...same used for the 0500's, but in a 5000 cut...along with all the standard 5000 features. Limited to 100 pairs, etc. etc.

86, can't you just get them sent on to your new address?

I highly doubt I can get USA's without any problem in Korea(That's where i'll be for next 3 ~ 4 months) - not that people from BiG can't spell but people in Korean Post Office might not understand address written in Korean. I could also ask them to send my order to my home in New Zealand but i'm going back in May. And I don't think there will be anybody to receive my order in NZ anyway since my brother is also visiting Korea for vacation/my wedding.

So, it's either gonna be a very long wait (although I already waited for two months) or be worried sick until i get them. I just don't care anymore. Plus, I already emailed gordon about changing my order.

I always wanted pair of sams but i guess i'll get them once i go on my honeymoon in either Japan or Hong Kong. ;)

haha my life stresses ME out sometimes

I mean, who'd thought it's will take this long to get a pair of jeans? Everyone thought everyone will get their USA's around (if not "just before") Chrismas.

I guess I'm just unlucky this time:)

Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I mean, the USA's have their special qualities, but they're just jeans, so I wouldn't stress over it. Just grab a pair when you're travelling.

Guest youkinorn
Cheapest would be to buy from BiG.

I was just about to ask this sort of question, actually.

I searched and actually found that someone had said it can be slightly cheaper to go through a proxy service than buying them from BiG. Any truth to this?

I'll probably end up buying from BiG when I'm there in March anyways (arcs don't really matter to me, and I'd probably prefer to give the business to them), but I was just wondering...

Would it be cheaper for me to order Sammies from Rakuten to NYC or have a friend in Japan order them to her place and ship them over to me? How much is shipping usually anyway from Japan to NYC?

Best bet would be to have your friend go buy them and then have her ship them to you...

I was just about to ask this sort of question, actually.

I searched and actually found that someone had said it can be slightly cheaper to go through a proxy service than buying them from BiG. Any truth to this?

I'll probably end up buying from BiG when I'm there in March anyways (arcs don't really matter to me, and I'd probably prefer to give the business to them), but I was just wondering...

Hmmm. Pick the 21 oz 510s as an example. They're 29000 yen + 3500 for shipping. So, assuming you have a CC on file with 2nd and don't need to do the bank transfer you pay about $315 shipped versus about $348 from BiG. If you need them hemmed, you're out $30 more from 45rpm. You may/may not be charged a hefty fee at customs.

If you don't have a CC on file, it's a bank transfer for the first purchase. Tack on $20, for $335 from 2nd.

If you use a proxy it's like $280 + 32(12%) + shipping, for like $325. You might, but probably won't, get hit with a hefty customs charge. Again, chainstitching extra.

You save a bit of cash avoiding BiG, as long as you don't need chainstitching and don't get hit by customs.

Guest youkinorn
Hmmm. Pick the 21 oz 510s as an example. They're 29000 yen + 3500 for shipping. So, assuming you have a CC on file with 2nd and don't need to do the bank transfer you pay about $315 shipped versus about $348 from BiG. If you need them hemmed, you're out $30 more from 45rpm. You may/may not be charged a hefty fee at customs.

If you don't have a CC on file, it's a bank transfer for the first purchase. Tack on $20, for $335 from 2nd.

If you use a proxy it's like $280 + 32(12%) + shipping, for like $325. You might, but probably won't, get hit with a hefty customs charge. Again, chainstitching extra.

You save a bit of cash avoiding BiG, as long as you don't need chainstitching and don't get hit by customs.

Thanks a lot for the info. Knowing that it's only that ~$30 difference in price, I'll probably just go ahead and pick them up here in the states.

Plus I don't like having to go through customs even if I don't end up getting charged more. Things have always taken a long time to get through and I get all sad and think my shit's lost, ha.