Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 19 ounce denim is NOT that bad

but im speaking from limited experience as ive been wearing them for the past 3 weeks and its been cold over here in so cal

so maybe summer is gonna kick the shit out of me

all i know is that i faceplanted on the pavement while trying to run shit drunk across the street and actually hit the ground and skidded

and the only tell tale sign of that on my jeans is a lil fade where i keep my chapstick

these jeans are indestructible, and i love them more every day

21 ounce with a 500 cut would make me cream my jeans lmao

I wish they did 0500s in 17oz Denim, or the 710s with an easily visible acurate ;____;

The beauty of the black arcuate is having them come into contrast once you get some good fading going. The black arc's look sick on a pair of 510xx 19 oz'ers I have.

Also, re heavy jeans -- they start out tough and heavy, but after a few soaks/washes become very soft and inviting.

I want to try the insaneness of 21oz...lol...is it that heavy?
do you like wearing armor?
I feel like my SO500's are heavy, I couldn't imagine going 21...

speaking from experience, once it softens, 21 oz feels almost more like wearing leather than jeans, or thick thick wool trousers or something. not nearly as hot, but the behavoir and hand of 21oz is much different than the typical jean.

all i know is that i faceplanted on the pavement while trying to run shit drunk across the street and actually hit the ground and skidded

and the only tell tale sign of that on my jeans is a lil fade where i keep my chapstick

these jeans are indestructible, and i love them more every day

i second this. i had a massive wipe out bombing this hill with cheese grater pavement, hit hard enough to dent the studs in my sugar cane belt, tore through my shirt enough to make me bleed, but all that happened to my 710s is a little light blue spot of discoloration on my knee where i hit. the fall just sped up the fading, not on sign of a broken thread/warp thread. lolz

looking to get my first pair of sammies...set on the s5000vx...now just need help on sizing.

as for me and my preferred fit, i like a slim straight look but def not tight in any way and i typically wear my jeans on my hips. i'm 6' and 140lbs. i don't wash my jeans unless i absolutely half to (other than a first hot soak for stf).

i wear a 28 in apc ns and while they stretched out a good deal, didn't dig the first few wears waiting for them to stretch out...i will say, they fit perfectly now though but am not sure i want to go through all the ball crunching pain again. i just bought a pair of sz 30 momotaro mvpa02 that shrank to a perfect fit but i haven't worn them that much yet to get an idea of how much they will stretch. i wear a 29 or 30 in all other brands.

so, knowing this, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. i'm torn on getting either a 29 or 30.

thanks all!

i second this. i had a massive wipe out bombing this hill with cheese grater pavement, hit hard enough to dent the studs in my sugar cane belt, tore through my shirt enough to make me bleed, but all that happened to my 710s is a little light blue spot of discoloration on my knee where i hit. the fall just sped up the fading, not on sign of a broken thread/warp thread. lolz

dude so fucking awesome huh

its like wearing armor

i feel like im completely protected from the elements and abrasiveness of pavement hahaah i cant even imagine how fucking sturdy the 21ozers are

and seconded again, because i have NO broken threads after EATING SHIT hardcore on the pavement, i still have bruises where i hit, but just a LIGHT fade from the fall

oh mr. nogami works to protect us alcoholics and masters of debauchery

looking to get my first pair of sammies...set on the s5000vx...now just need help on sizing.

as for me and my preferred fit, i like a slim straight look but def not tight in any way and i typically wear my jeans on my hips. i'm 6' and 140lbs. i don't wash my jeans unless i absolutely half to (other than a first hot soak for stf).

i wear a 28 in apc ns and while they stretched out a good deal, didn't dig the first few wears waiting for them to stretch out...i will say, they fit perfectly now though but am not sure i want to go through all the ball crunching pain again. i just bought a pair of sz 30 momotaro mvpa02 that shrank to a perfect fit but i haven't worn them that much yet to get an idea of how much they will stretch. i wear a 29 or 30 in all other brands.

so, knowing this, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. i'm torn on getting either a 29 or 30.

thanks all!

Can 5000vx's look tight on anyone? I don;t think so. Size down 2...size 28-29...they stretch like a MF.

hi, quick question;

received some 710 today, which are size 34, however when trying them on they already feel quite snug around my waist and i havent soaked them yet. can anybody advise whether these heavier weight denim will shrink in the waist as much. i was told before i bought these (from 2nd) that they werent supposed to be part of the smaller batch, so i am a bit confused.

im not going to attempt to shrink these until i get some advice.

thanks

i am thinking that unless i can swap them at 2nd then i will have to put them up for sale on the supermarket as a size 32... shrinking from tagged size 34. could be an opportunity for someone in uk to buy with arcuates and tag as the postage costs wouldnt be much.

looks as though big should be restocking about now too and i know i should get the proper size if i go with them, just not the arcuates and tag.

hi, quick question;

received some 710 today, which are size 34, however when trying them on they already feel quite snug around my waist and i havent soaked them yet. can anybody advise whether these heavier weight denim will shrink in the waist as much. i was told before i bought these (from 2nd) that they werent supposed to be part of the smaller batch, so i am a bit confused.

im not going to attempt to shrink these until i get some advice.

thanks

if they are more snug than you'd like before soaking, sell them. my pair isn't stretching near as much as i'd hoped.