supermusic: because music is style too.

naturaljax

strangely all of my friends like the other album, dead cities, red seas, & lost ghosts better.

i really like how cheesy and saturated the synths feel on before the dawn heals us. always reminds me of blade runner.

glad to see quite the few people resonating similar tastes (glitchy autechre, aphex twin, drone khanate and sunn0))), liking the finntroll video, city of caterpillar, chain of strength, red sparrowes, joni mitchell, go team.)

really been into death from above 1979 of late. can't stop listening to their bloc party cover, Luno.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: Speaking of which, does anyone have End-introducing? I'm ashamed to say I do not have that in my collection.

my favorite record...EVER. you really need that. i have both the original copy and the special ed they made last year with all the remix. Shadow is like a god to me. i got to see him last september in Tokyo, was really really good and he didn't even play his own stuff, only obscure funk.

man i'd kill to be able to spend a year sorting through his random vinyls. and rip it to a harddrive...

i believe this is a high school band playing his stuff... the snares are a bit loose but aside from that it's a pretty bang up good effort. it makes me admire conductors.

Quote: i believe this is a high school band playing his stuff... the snares are a bit loose but aside from that it's a pretty bang up good effort. it makes me admire conductors.

i've seen that video before. it's really cool what they have done. i wish my high school music class had been more like this...

Quote: DJ Shadow is King of Diggin`.

his segment in Scratch is pretty amazing. the store basement he go to is insane. i would never have the patience to dig through that.

Edited by Kasper on Mar 14, 2006 at 06:26 AM

Quote:
Quote: i believe this is a high school band playing his stuff... the snares are a bit loose but aside from that it's a pretty bang up good effort. it makes me admire conductors.

i've seen that video before. it's really cool what they have done. i wish my high school music class had been more like this...

Quote: DJ Shadow is King of Diggin`.

his segment in Scratch is pretty amazing. the store basement he go to is insane. i would never have the patience to dig through that.

Edited by Kasper on Mar 14, 2006 at 06:26 AM

--- Original message by Kasper on Mar 14, 2006 06:25 AM

yeah dj shadow!!!

dj shadow & dj krush!!!!

Quote:

man i'd kill to be able to spend a year sorting through his random vinyls. and rip it to a harddrive...

i believe this is a high school band playing his stuff... the snares are a bit loose but aside from that it's a pretty bang up good effort. it makes me admire conductors.

--- Original message by dystaind on Mar 14, 2006 04:20 AM

that shit amazed me, i wish my highschool band (im not in it) wasnt full of douche bags who just play loui loui all the time and did crazy shit liket aht.

chwa?

Quote:

today was:

navio forge

moss icon

hoover

rival schools

mastodon

baroness

--- Original message by headtowall on Mar 14, 2006 11:20 PM

baroness and mastodon. caustic christ, municipal waste, and baroness are playing ont he same night. plus there's a concert earlier... can't remember who though. some solo artist who picks at metal guitar strings and makes this eerie discordant drone.

right now i'm feeling some pelican and some CSS (as in web design...)

Quote:

youre not talking about Sunn 0))) are you dystaind?

--- Original message by drew exclusive on Mar 14, 2006 11:45 PM

oh god i wish it was sunn.

but nO)))

-JACK ROSE

dark and moving steel guitar innovator, former member of PELT.

-FURSAXA

sparse, vocal-heavy free-folk drones from philadelphia.

-MIKE TAMBURO

local neo-folk guitar experimentation

Jack Rose stuff

http://psychedelicfolk.homestead.com/guitar4.html#anchor_110

WOOHOO PITCHFORK!

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/r/rose_jack/kensington-blues.shtml

one more:

http://www.fakejazz.com/reviews/2002/rose.shtml

Edited by dystaind on Mar 15, 2006 at 01:07 AM

I've been listening to Death in June- "This Golden Wedding of Sorrow" over and over and over and over and over.......

Like watching a smog obscured sunset.

IT GETS WACKER BY THE SECOND!

Edited by RedFoxxworth on Mar 29, 2006 at 02:10 PM

1. Serge Gainsbourg: Monsieur Gainsbourg "cover album features portishead, jarvis cocker, feist and gonzales, franz ferdinand"

2. Ghostface: Fishscale

3. Voxtrot: The two latest eps

4. Miho Hatori: Ecdysis

my current favorite is definitely Villenueve: First date. The french like m83 makes good electro-pop.

Current Listening Pleasure:

1. Villeneuve: First Date

2. Morr music: Blue Skied an Clear. Slowdive covers

3. New Order: Singles