the unbranded brand

blm14

Nice review :cool: ...do the buttons feel cheap and fragile?? sorry it bugs the crap out of me, they want to compete with top brands and they cant even have decent buttons on their 14.5 oz's

I don't think they want to compete with top brands. I think they want to compete with Levi's. I actually don't really know what they think, but that's what I would do.

I've owned one pair of Unbranded denim. My brother has 2 pairs and my other brother has a pair. I know this won't be the last time this is said in this thread, but Unbranded will not give you the quality that The Flat Head, 3sixteen, IH, Real McCoy's etc, or even N&F or APC will, but what they do give you is pretty good rope dyed selvedge denim at literally a fraction of the cost of other brands. So it's really not worth comparing them. If you don't want your top button to pop off after 6-8months, or a belt loop to fray off in 6-8 months, then get a pair of N&F or 3sixteen. however, If you're careful with them, they can easily last 24 months plus.

Edited by wayoutwest

My first pair of selvedge was unbranded and i dont think that they attempt to compete with top brands rather to serve a nitch market. For me the thought of päying $200-$500 for a pair of jeans was a bit too much but a pair of unbranded on sale at urban outfitters got me in the game. The quality was better than what i häd owned to that point. That said, when it comes to selvedge, you most often get what you päy for. Both the button loops and back pocket stitching were quick to go on my pair. Stiil they were worth what i päid.

it says it on their website right here, http://www.theunbrandedbrand.com/about/

but I honestly dont think theyre trying to compete with higher quality brands either....but they just shouldnt market as if they were.And dont get me wrong I like this brand too... My first pair of selvedge denim after i had some STF's. i agree they are a very good starting brand to test the waters of the raw denim game, but nothing more.

i am planing to get the tapered ones but still not sure which size to get. in apc new standards i sized down one (34->33) and was quite happy with the fit, they maybe even stretched a bit too much. my tighs are relatively large, so I`m a bit afraid of sizing down 1 with those. what would you recommend?

i am planing to get the tapered ones but still not sure which size to get. in apc new standards i sized down one (34->33) and was quite happy with the fit, they maybe even stretched a bit too much. my tighs are relatively large, so I`m a bit afraid of sizing down 1 with those. what would you recommend?

in my experience, Unbrandeds have been sized TTS. I would measure your true waist, and go with that size with UBs.

it says it on their website right here, http://www.theunbran...rand.com/about/

but I honestly dont think theyre trying to compete with higher quality brands either....but they just shouldnt market as if they were.And dont get me wrong I like this brand too... My first pair of selvedge denim after i had some STF's. i agree they are a very good starting brand to test the waters of the raw denim game, but nothing more.

you should reread that because the denim theyre putting down are overpriced designer brands (true religion, rock and republic, etc), theyre not comparing themselves to higher quality raw selvedge denim

they are much more than just testing the waters, the general public wouldnt even think about dropping $400-800 on a pair of IH,PBJ,samurais. its a product that people can wear spending a little more than they normally do on mall brands and getting much better quality than theyre used to. they most likely wont spend more money on higher end brands and will be returning customers for unbranded

Edited by TooAwesome

I doubt they're competing with anything obtainable from Self Edge. They're aiming towards providing selvage to those who aren't sure whether they're into it or not. The 21 oz release came out just in time for those who are dedicated to the selvage game, and I think their 21 oz release is trying to get some hold of the self edge market. Unbranded probably knows they won't be able to hook a majority of current SE customers, but rather gain customers who are aiming to upgrade from lower end brands to heavier denim.

I'm not sure if I can say that Unbranded jeans are inferior to N&F, since the cut&design are virtually the same and both companies are owned by the same person (Brandon Svarc). I've had my UB101's for 2.5 years without losing any buttons or belt loops, but each person wears their jeans differently so there can't be declarative statements made there.

Nice review :cool: ...do the buttons feel cheap and fragile?? sorry it bugs the crap out of me, they want to compete with top brands and they cant even have decent buttons on their 14.5 oz's

The buttons don't feel as good as they look, but they're secured on well. It takes a lot to get a button to fall off (someone I know who had a pair of the 14.5oz line lost his top button early on, but that may have just been a defective pair). They've upgraded all of the components from the 14.5oz line, there's no doubt about that, so you shouldn't worry all too much about shoddy construction.

a button started to tear off from the stud during the first time i tried on my 21 oz's. ive had 2 pairs of the 14 oz and this hardware feels cheaper and like they just painted the silver. also i sized up on this pair so it wasnt even really tight. I wasnt forcing the button.

you should reread that because the denim theyre putting down are overpriced designer brands (true religion, rock and republic, etc), theyre not comparing themselves to higher quality raw selvedge denim

they are much more than just testing the waters, the general public wouldnt even think about dropping $400-800 on a pair of IH,PBJ,samurais. its a product that people can wear spending a little more than they normally do on mall brands and getting much better quality than theyre used to. they most likely wont spend more money on higher end brands and will be returning customers for unbranded

hell i wouldnt even drop 400 on most jeans...

but the general public cant justify spending 300~ because they dont know better

"It is a concept brand made to challenge any branded product, even N&F. With Unbranded, all you pay for is jeans"

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/10/exclusive-interview-10-questions-for-naked-famous-brandon-svarc/

adrift skateshop has the 21 ozs in Toronto

Yea I found it today just walking around the street popping into random stores. They said they just got them in. I bought a pair of skinny fit 21ozs. Posted it up on SF and rfd for all the know. I think it's the only store selling UB in Toronto now. And with the 21ozs in stock somehow.

hi,

i usually wear jeans in 34x34. I read almost the whole thread and sized down 1 on my 201 tapered fit unbrandeds, as i wanted a slimmer fit. the fit seems to be okay, though a bit tight, but the waist causes problems. I'm only able to button up the first 2 buttons. will the jeans stretch a bit or should i send them back and get a size 34?

shout out to kenzie for picking up my pair. fit pics coming soon. tbh, maybe i'm already delusional, but i don't feel too much of an internal temperature difference from my 710vx than the ubs. I guess after a certain weight its all the same kind of hot in your jawnz especially in 90°F weather

Edited by hawaii

would anyone happen to know why the unbranded jeans' butt pocket bags are asymmetrical? Also, it doesn't seem to be the case with the 21oz models. Just entered my ub121 in the HWDC2 :wink:

Good luck and have fun!

Yea I found it today just walking around the street popping into random stores. They said they just got them in. I bought a pair of skinny fit 21ozs. Posted it up on SF and rfd for all the know. I think it's the only store selling UB in Toronto now. And with the 21ozs in stock somehow.

Urban Outfitters near the Eaton Centre carries Unbranded. Not much on sizes but that's where I got my first raw denim. That was 2-3 weeks ago. Not all locations carry them in store though because I went to the one on Yonge Street and they did not even stock them.

I usually wear a size 33 so I bought the UB301 in 33. At first it fit tight but after a week it's gotten a lot more loose. I think a 32 would have fit me a lot better after the initial stretch. I've hot soak them once before getting them hemmed.

Edited by Niitsu

Hey guys,

Great work all around, great fades, you guys are shitting on brands 5x expensive as unbranded. I think some of that is that they are low cost so people wear them harder than a $500 pair. An interesting dichotomy and it makes me remember that denim is workwear.