Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I just posted this in the sales thread, Evisu Japan are having a charity sale, No.1's are now selling at 21,280Y

crazy. i'll be in tokyo the first week of may, any idea how long the sale is going for?

Hey guys,

I have been reading this thread and am unsure how to size on lot 2000 no.1's. some people say size up by 1 and some people say size up by 2. my waist is 31.5 and 22.75 inch thighs. I would like a similar fit to this. Thanks for any help.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4570766508_0368d73420.jpg

That pic is of mine and they were a 33, hth.

ya that fit is the exact same that I want, in your original post you said that they were uncomfortable. why were they so uncomfortable? was it the rise?

Thanks

Yep, a size too small for me in the end.

Thanks for the help so far Freezie. I think I might try the 33's and try to keep the waist under control. I was also wondering how much the inseam will shrink over multiple washes/soaks. I want to end up with a 32 inch inseam in the end. Thanks

Thanks for the help so far Freezie. I think I might try the 33's and try to keep the waist under control. I was also wondering how much the inseam will shrink over multiple washes/soaks. I want to end up with a 32 inch inseam in the end. Thanks

you really can't know with no.1 denim, so the safe way is to cuff until you've washed them a few times and then hem once the shrinkage has happened.

i hope to take some pics of mine tomorrow, they are almost 1 year in and i initially followed evisu's instructions and hot washed them 2 times in a row, followed by a hot dry (stopping the drying cycle mid way to wet the patch and prevent it getting ruined.

even with all that i still got some minimal inseam shrinkage.

The problem with the inseam is that i would be ordering off the evisu site with a proxy and I would rather have them hemmed by evisu so i don't have to send them to self edge or blue in green. just curious how did you size? and what is the inseam on yours?. Sorry for all the novice questions and I appreciate the help from everyone.

you really can't know with no.1 denim, so the safe way is to cuff until you've washed them a few times and then hem once the shrinkage has happened.

i hope to take some pics of mine tomorrow, they are almost 1 year in and i initially followed evisu's instructions and hot washed them 2 times in a row, followed by a hot dry (stopping the drying cycle mid way to wet the patch and prevent it getting ruined.

even with all that i still got some minimal inseam shrinkage.

6 hot washes, pretty much stopped shrinking around the 4th, but then I usually wear a 3/4" cuff just incase.

Look forward to your pics Ming.

The problem with the inseam is that i would be ordering off the evisu site with a proxy and I would rather have them hemmed by evisu so i don't have to send them to self edge or blue in green. just curious how did you size? and what is the inseam on yours?. Sorry for all the novice questions and I appreciate the help from everyone.

personally i would err on the side of caution, then. closer to 34. worst comes to worst, you cuff a bit, better than them being too short and having to sell them to someone with a shorter inseam.

mine are a 31 inseam, but that doesn't mean anything because i don't actually know how much they cut off and didn't measure them before and after shrinkage.

I just ordered them size 33 and left the length. I figure that I can keep the waist under control and If I'm not happy with the inseam I'll take them to get hemmed by selfedge in a month when I'm in LA. Thanks for all the help Freezie, The_ming, Devilva, Crashtestbrummie and Warakia!

You're welcome.

BTW. If you get them hemmed, make sure you get them to copy the original hem exactly or it'll feel a bit lightweight, unpick the chain-stitch and you'll see the way its been folded twice to make the hem 4 layers thick.

Should slim dudes like me even attempt to make a 2004 cut look good? From what I gather they're a pretty straight/relaxed cut. FWIW I'm a true 30 and kinda short, 5'7". I have yet to see someone with my proportions look awesome in a cut like the 2004 :(

I have my eyes on a moderately cheap one SDO (29).

my 2000 no.1 after 1 year of almost daily wear

evisutopblockback.jpg

evisuback.jpg

evisufront.jpg

had some repairs done at SENY, both of the back pocket pocketbags had come unststitched, so i had them re-done, and my phone was on the verge of tearing through my back pocket so i had the pocket reinforced. also the fold point of the cuff was almost worn through so i had that reinforced as well:

evisuhem.jpg

thats a real nice collection baka_bo, plus rep

hows the 2504's lookin crash ? cant wait to see what you can do them after a year or two

Nice collection indeed :)

Fuck all to see with the 2504s yet, even though they've been worn pretty hard - not washed them yet though, the looser cut means they don't need it as much as the 2000s did...

Thank you all for the comments.

Freezie I got some pics, but they were taken quite a while now.

Lot 2000 No. 2 bought it around year 2001, it is now retired.

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

I started to dig into Evisu since the year 96, been collecting their stuffs since then. I'll post some more pic of my collection later on.

Nice to find friend that like Evisu here :)