Evisu is still loved!

benzak

How long did it take for any of you who ordered your No1's from Evisu.jp via Sharpservice?

Been waiting 2 weeks myself...

You contacted Sharpservice about them? They could be stuck at customs...

That redline selvage above reminds me of the selvage on a lot of the old Evis jeans...nice and clean.

Is there a primer anywhere about Evisu (denim) jackets? Been looking around eBay, wondering what to look for and what to avoid in terms of authenticity.

Not a primer, as such, but the current (classic) Japanese Evisu models can be found here:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopbrand/004/019/X

Most of the jackets found on eBay seem to be either Italian-made, from the 90s, or later Heritage models from Evisu International. All well-made, but possibly not what people on here would go for, as a rule.

For the earlier Evis models, you'll find all the models shown on the Evisu Japan website linked above, and a variety of lesser-seen designs - you'll need to do your own research around this area.

For jackets, the selvage line (if there is one) can normally be found behind the button placket:

imag0102jk.jpg

This is an old Evis Lot 1507 Type 2 repro in No.2 denim, which I found on eBay UK about two and a half years ago in almost deadstock condition. Been worn a bit since then.... Colour is accurate:

imag0080bl.jpg

And been meaning to post these for a while, a couple of Lot 0005 models that I've been wearing on and off for the past 2+ years. Colour is a little too 'blue', my camera's fucked so took all these pics on my mobile:

Lazy S Leepro:

imag0086cs.jpg

Mizuhiki jeans in green caste denim:

imag0096n.jpg

Ah, CTB with helpful knowledge as always :) Thanks mate. Looks like there's a few solid options now on UK eBay... I like the 90s/MII stuff myself.

No problem :)

There's been a slew of decent stuff on eBay recently; some deadstock brown box jeans in a 28 went unsold a few weeks back, someone could've picked them up for £30...

Damn! You still got a link for the brown box? Curious to see if relisted, or if I can get in touch with the seller...

insert note here about not needing to buy more pants when I'm taking delivery of some Eternal 872s later this afternoon

Never tried unstitching, but I own a pair with some thick-ass pocket embroidery. #2 denim, 0331 cut... looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/MFuZb.jpg

A few loose threads, but the design hasn't worn away at all over 5+ years. Maybe that'll influence your decision one way or another.

Also, a few interesting deals here: http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Mens-Clothing-/1059/i.html?_nkw=evisu&_catref=1&_fln=1&_ssn=street-moda&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

Too bad the various oddball designs are only available in sizes 38 and up :) I'm really happy with my giant gold arc pair, breaking in quite nicely. And, on the other range of both size and design, the plain No.4's for $30 are a pretty cool alternative to other cheap-as-possible selvedge options (if you wear a 28)

I know eBay links are normally frowned on here, but I doubt that anyone in their right mind would be thinking of bidding on these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290564872766&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Asking for that kinda money for used jeans and he posted shitty pics with his iPhone? Fucking joker :D

Hey boys, bought a couple of No.1's because of the new prices and now im a bit worried. I have put on some weight over the last year but im pretty sure the sizing has changed a little as well. If any1 is getting a pair with the red selvage line I would recommend going up 1 more size as they seem quite small. Struggled to button these up raw, think im in trouble.

No1 Specials, Lot 2000 Size 32 (Still raw)

no12000f.jpg

no12000b.jpg

Im usually a 29 but nowdays im probably a 30. Have a pair of No.2 2000 W30 and they fit perfect so I was pretty shocked that No.1 32's would be so small. CTB I need your natural special diet mate!

Hey boys, bought a couple of No.1's because of the new prices and now im a bit worried. I have put on some weight over the last year but im pretty sure the sizing has changed a little as well. If any1 is getting a pair with the red selvage line I would recommend going up 1 more size as they seem quite small. Struggled to button these up raw, think im in trouble.

yeah i posted about this already, the advice from the evisu store was to size up 3, instead of the usual 2, as the new denim shrinks a lot.