Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Hey all,

More an interest check than anything else, but I thought the Evis fans should get first dibs. I'm thinking of letting go of my WWII model pleat front jacket. Was my everyday wearer when I worked in he Daikanyama store, and the white penki was painted by my friend and tenchyo "Ono". No 1 denim, washed and tumble dried and worn for about a year fairly solidly. Size 40.

Was thinking US$375 would be enough for me to part with it. Shipping from Sydney, Australia.

P6263325.jpg

P6263328.jpgP6263329-1.jpgP6263330-1.jpg

desu

thats not paint ........is it?

Paint dust, matey...I'll give them a wash once done, and see how they turn out...

Ethan, nice jacket - you may well find that you can get more for it on eBay as compared to what people will be willing to pay on here. That includes fees, too - there's a good market for old and new denim in South East Asia so make sure you list it appropriately...Sold a pair of 2000s and a pair of 21oz Sammies (both slightly worn) for almost £400 in total...

Has Evisu ever made a striped (hickory striped or larger) denim? the reason I am asking is there was a company on EBAY selling a couple pair of striped jeans awhile back. I think the pockets were regular indigo, with red and yellow paint?

7 times out of 10 i find my evisu are like this... its like they are trying to tell me something.

It's a sign that we need to work together on that denim issue we discussed yesterday... ;)

Has Evisu ever made a striped (hickory striped or larger) denim? the reason I am asking is there was a company on EBAY selling a couple pair of striped jeans awhile back. I think the pockets were regular indigo, with red and yellow paint?

I'm certain both the International and Japanese line have done it, and I can remember seeing the ones on eBay around two years ago...

Nice jeans, s3lam btw... fit pics?

They're coming along nicely.

Coming back to the 2101's I ended up grabbing flash's pair. Wish I didnt end up with the other pair I have but you just dont see many coming through so I grabbed them when I could. Anyone know why the evisu website doesnt sell them? Anyway I took some comparison shots, both are the same size but the worn in pair has gone through all its shrinkage.

Old pair :

used_2101_f.jpg

used_2101_b.jpg

New Pair :

new_2101_f.jpg

new_2101_b.jpg

Waist : 14.25

Front Rise : 11.75

Back Rise : 14.75

Upper Thigh : 11.25

Knee : 8.75

Leg Opening : 7.5

Compared to :

Waist : 16

Front Rise : 12

Back Rise : 15.25

Upper Thigh : 11.75

Knee : 9.25

Leg Opening : 8

Pretty big difference considering its the same size and both pairs have been at least hot soaked, not sure if flash washed or dried them. Baggier cuts are my thing anyway so im happy at least. The lazy S's are pretty different styles aswell.

Coming back to the 2101's I ended up grabbing flash's pair. Wish I didnt end up with the other pair I have but you just dont see many coming through so I grabbed them when I could. Anyone know why the evisu website doesnt sell them? Anyway I took some comparison shots, both are the same size but the worn in pair has gone through all its shrinkage.

I don't think they've made a Japanese market Leepro since the 90s, or thereabouts, which is why you have to really search for them.

As for shrinkage, the denim is sanforised so it should be minimal - although mine seemed to shrink slightly in the body of the leg, any waist shrinkage soon stretched out.

Your earlier pair fits more like mine does, but I prefer the looser cut, too.

And cheers for the pics, s3lam...repped...

Yea CTB I know your pair, they look awesome. Wouldnt mind a pair myself but to be honest dont think ive ever come across that lot number while looking at the auctions. And thanks for the info on the 2101's. Been wondering for awhile why they dont have sell them even though they are advertised in the Evisu magazines.

And chambo they are a little over 32 in the leg. Dont know why but it seems asif this pair has shrunk right down, im guessing the original leg was 35.

Fuck knows why I've been rattling on about Lot 2113, as they're actually Lot 2111...must be getting into my dotage a little earlier than planned...

Paulo and I are heading down Evisu's Savile Row store early on Saturday, if anyone's in London Town then.

Anyway, Lot 2111:

dscf1142.jpg

dscf1145z.jpg

dscf1146wn.jpg

dscf1148h.jpg

dscf1149m.jpg

Worn since April, washed three or four time and taken a serious bashing on the bike...not going to be seeing any combs on these any time soon, if ever...