Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Talking of some of the older denim, I was in a shop called A Too in Brum today, looking at their Canes and LVCs...the manager commented on the 2001s I was wearing, and mentioned that he owned some old Evis...

Obviously, this got us talking and he brought out a pair from the back of the shop that he'd been keeping for himself for a long time...I was gobsmacked (to say the least) when he brought out a pair of what I think were Labor jeans (the ones with a pretty intricate stitch pattern on the back pockets, and a plain leather patch with just the jeans size on them).

I couldn't get a pic, and unfortunately the relevant page on Kwan's site seems to be down...I've asked him to keep me in mind if he ever decides to sell them on, although I think I might have been pissing in the wind...

I couldn't get a pic, and unfortunately the relevant page on Kwan's site seems to be down...I've asked him to keep me in mind if he ever decides to sell them on, although I think I might have been pissing in the wind...

Ive got the knwans pages backed up (well most of them). However i dont remember any plain patches. Labour jeans mostly had patches. How comes you dint get any images? He dint let you?

Paulo

To be honest, it only occurred to me as I was leaving and I only had my mobile on me so I stayed schtum.

They were the ones with a kind of 'looping' stitch pattern on the pockets, been trying to find a pic of them to show ya.

Go go, What size where they? Also any other interesting details? (buttons, tabs, so on)

An old labour auction:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w33179461

my no1 's are i think up for a wash 7 months with 3 months of hard wear..

but the rise is already pretty low on these im afraid it will shrink more dammit!

i knew they did some this year, and sold out within a week or so, edmond has them he bought them from blm14 or something they cost him about 40.000yen with the size 40 and extra leg

Yeah, I got them. They were the same list cost as the no1 on the evisu website but because of proxy cost, EMS shipping etc yeah the final price ended up being like 39,000ish yen.

I _wish_ I'd gotten a size 40 because then I could have kept them! Unfortunately they didnt make a size 40 and the size 38 measured about 37.5" at the waist in a raw state. It went down to about 35.5 after the initial soak which is ridiculous. So yea, now edmond has them which means they probably wont see the light of day until 2034. ;)

just wait for my 3 packages to come now... of course fit pics and pics of denim

but gotta sell a few bits to fund my wild buys, so my deluxe kanbos are going on ebay and a few coats :( hope i dont have to sell anything else

*you need to add around 5000yen to your final fee if it is under 10000yen*

great pick-ups chan, decent prices too - hide-san did a good job didn't he? hehe

i'm looking at this pair too but there's just no way i can fit into a W30 anymore, need at least a W32 nowadays. if its No.1 its even worse i'd need at least a W33 because its sanforized.

fit pics when you get them!

Went back to the shop A Too in Birmingham today, and spoke with Ming, the manager, again.

Explained that I was keen to share the jeans with SuFu and asked if he was ok for me to take a few pics to post up here.

We spoke again about denim as he's something of a fan, and he's obviously been so for a lot longer than most members of this forum. The shop itself stocks LVC, some pre-Levi's Sugarcanes, PRPS, Acne and I think they had some APCs there too...From what Ming was talking about, I suspect he knows about Evis etc from when they were first around, when the whole vintage/repro denim thing was more underground than even now...

The jeans below are Evis, not Labor, and he said that they were a pair that he'd kept for himself, having already broken in a pair of the same.

I'll let the pics do the talking...

dsc03577p.jpg

dsc03568i.jpg

dsc03574j.jpg

dsc03576vpm.jpg

dsc03570e.jpg

dsc03572x.jpg

i would most DEFINITELY be down for a world tour if you guys are willing to put me in :D. i dont think anything necessary as far as special features go since this isnt some big organization or store running it jut pure and simple lot 2000 evisu no.1s.

anyhow like ive told you before mr.invincible i love your fit though and id encourage you to keep wearing them and see if they grow on you. i mean i think the hip flares will not be as noticeable as you put in more wear into these..

edit: realized i replied while reading this thread too pages back. oops

Went back to Autograph in Birmingham today, and spoke with Ming, the manager, again.

Explained that I was keen to share the jeans with SuFu and asked if he was ok for me to take a few pics to post up here.

We spoke again about denim as he's something of a fan, and he's obviously been so for a lot longer than most members of this forum. The shop itself stocks LVC, some pre-Levi's Sugarcanes, PRPS, Acne and I think they had some APCs there too...From what Ming was talking about, I suspect he knows about Evis etc from when they were first around, when the whole vintage/repro denim thing was more underground than even now...

The jeans below are Evis, not Labor, and he said that they were a pair that he'd kept for himself, having already broken in a pair of the same.

I'll let the pics do the talking...

dsc03577p.jpg

dsc03568i.jpg

dsc03574j.jpg

dsc03576vpm.jpg

dsc03570e.jpg

dsc03572x.jpg

yeah i feel like these need to be on this page too.... does he just leave these in the shop? from way back when?

really lol oopps, they no2's were the yellow hand painted gulls?

Yeah, Paulo's friend has those now.

I got Lot 2000 and 2004 in No.2 denim but not started on them yet, funnily enough haha

... does he just leave these in the shop? from way back when?

Yeah, fuck knows what other gems he's got stored away...

btw holy shit those jeans look nice. grail status for you ctb.. time to do an armed robbery of the store?

Grail status? You fucking know it! But I'll make do with the two pairs of Evis I currently have.

For the time being :D

lol yeah i got kinda mixed up with your massive collection

which pair are you working on next?

Dunno...Canes and Yamane Deluxe maybe?

i would most DEFINITELY be down for a world tour if you guys are willing to put me in :D. i dont think anything necessary as far as special features go since this isnt some big organization or store running it jut pure and simple lot 2000 evisu no.1s.

anyhow like ive told you before mr.invincible i love your fit though and id encourage you to keep wearing them and see if they grow on you. i mean i think the hip flares will not be as noticeable as you put in more wear into these..

edit: realized i replied while reading this thread too pages back. oops

i would also like to be in, but doubt it will happen, also i have to much to concentrate on :)

i think it would be a great idea. how many of us wear a size 28-29?

I've been wearing my evis everyday actually. im really starting to dig the fit.

btw holy shit those jeans look nice. grail status for you ctb.. time to do an armed robbery of the store?

jeans cant be grail until they have been well worn for a long period of time. but i would LOVE to get my hands on a pair of those bitches!