Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Great fit on the No.1s Bunga mate, I'd rep you again if I could...the 2504s are a good find too, looking forward to seeing some more of those...

Coleslawyum posted pics of some 2506/2006 a while ago, ILHE1S. Don't know if they're the ones you're thinking of - like the 2504/2004 but with brace/suspender loops...again, another great pair...

Washed the Lazy S jeans a few days ago and loving the denim's feel now...softer than any other Evisu denim I've felt yet :)

Great fit on the No.1s Bunga mate, I'd rep you again if I could...the 2504s are a good find too, looking forward to seeing some more of those...

Coleslawyum posted pics of some 2506/2006 a while ago, ILHE1S. Don't know if they're the ones you're thinking of - like the 2504/2004 but with brace/suspender buttons...again, another great pair...

Washed the Lazy S jeans a few days ago and loving the denim's feel now...softer than any other Evisu denim I've felt yet :)

thanks crash - really happy with the no.1s both and price-wise. will post pics of the 2504 once i get hold of them.

i had a pair of Evis #2 with suspender buttons previously but the patch was too worn out to see the lot no, sold those off as they're really too big for me which is a bummer.

does anyone know what the 'T.R' on the rivets stand for? i can't get enough pics of thos 2101s! i like how you can see that the osakans hadn't figured out the waistband chainstitch problem yet, which just authenticates the age of these jeans.

does anyone know what the 'T.R' on the rivets stand for? i can't get enough pics of thos 2101s! i like how you can see that the osakans hadn't figured out the waistband chainstitch problem yet, which just authenticates the age of these jeans.

I know what the 'T.R' stands for, but I'll let Paulo explain when he comes on as it was him who found out...it's a nice little snippet of Evis history, so watch this space!

Well sorry i was here before was at work my self. The 'T.R' stands for Tenn Rock something thats also on some zips of older Evis items. From what i have found out from various people it stands for Tenroku and its an area near Umeda in the Osaka Prefecture. The reason why this area is so special is because the first ever Evis store was there. However its now moved somewhere else and is no longer there.

Well sorry i was here before was at work my self. The 'T.R' stands for Tenn Rock something thats also on some zips of older Evis items. From what i have found out from various people it stands for Tenroku and its an area near Umeda in the Osaka Prefecture. The reason why this area is so special is because the first ever Evis store was there. However its now moved somewhere else and is no longer there.

What he said :D

Nice pics. The No.13 patch looks nicely fucked. The 2101's get better every time I see em.

Cheers!

Dunno what happened to the patch on the Lazy S jeans, coulda sworn it was ok when they came out of the wash...I liked the 'Le13FT' design, but hoping now that it ages in a similar way to the MIJ stuff...

i like the fact they are using pictures from people who actually wear their jeans.

Their whole new aesthetic is intriguing.....Hopefully it bodes well for the future. I get this annoying vibe that the line is heading towards being predominately washed denim, with the occasional raw piece on the side; a la PRPS.

I do like this jacket though.

http://international.evisu.com/collections/new/products/ninja-biker-jacket

but hoping now that it ages in a similar way to the MIJ stuff...

I've always wondered what type of leather the International and MIJ Evisu's utilized; considering their significant differences.

Their whole new aesthetic is intriguing.....Hopefully it bodes well for the future. I get this annoying vibe that the line is heading towards being predominately washed denim, with the occasional raw piece on the side; a la PRPS.

I do like this jacket though.

http://international.evisu.com/collections/new/products/ninja-biker-jacket

I've always wondered what type of leather the International and MIJ Evisu's utilized; considering their significant differences.

From what I've heard, I think you're right about the new direction that they're taking...not too happy about it, to be honest, if I'm right...

And I think it's only recently that they started using proper leather again for their Heritage patches, right?

And I think it's only recently that they started using proper leather again for their Heritage patches, right?

I'm not sure, but has it always even been leather? The patch on my d67's seems bulletproof. I mean, it seems to be leather......But I can't tell. Maybe pleather?

I do know some pairs, like the Wrangler's, have a deer-skin patch; but it's pretty obvious that it's real leather.

From what I've heard, I think you're right about the new direction that they're taking...not too happy about it, to be honest, if I'm right...

?

I forget to ask. What have you been hearing about the new outlook of the brand? Anything interesting? I do know Morrison, seemingly, plans to change the brand.....But if he's focusing on the American market, I envision washed denim galore, coupled with atrocious boot cuts.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

Well as ive said before they have just taken a new direction into japanese denim, new mills, and so on. For them to then turn around and push all washes is just not going to happen. Though i have been hearing the new CEO comes from running brands that tend to use lots of washes. I cant see them moving away from raw if they wish to keep using the Evisu name and history. Specially when their moto is Remember "DO NOT WASH, ONLY WEAR!"

Short of copying the email I have (which may have been a copypasta job in itself), there's talk of work going on with Denim tech in California...this is apparently where they created a 3D atari finish...looks like they're going to be remodeling the fits as well, 'Yamane influence but more contempory', whatever that means...

They're going to be 'authentic washed jeans'...if they can produce a pair that rivals some of the jeans I've seen in the evo thread, or my 2000s, then I'll take my hat off to them.

But I won't be wearing them...

Short of copying the email I have (which may have been a copypasta job in itself), there's talk of work going on with Denim tech in California...this is apparently where they created a 3D atari finish...looks like they're going to be remodeling the fits as well, 'Yamane influence but more contempory', whatever that means...

They're going to be 'authentic washed jeans'...if they can produce a pair that rivals some of the jeans I've seen in the evo thread, or my 2000s, then I'll take my hat off to them.

Dear god......WHHYYYY!!!!!